OT: Any Nintendo Switch owners? | The Boneyard

OT: Any Nintendo Switch owners?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
1. Can you play Fortnite with the unit docked to the tv & chat with a friend, by using a wireless headset & mic?

I didn’t want my son pulling the unit off the tv stand with a wire & didn’t wanna deal with the app on a phone.

2. I Downloded 2 games. After playing an hour each got an error code that I researched & resulted in a corrupt file. It suggested redoenloading. I’ve yet to play them again. What a pain. Is this something that happens frequently or have anything to do with the new unit or my WiFi?

Thanks

Reaction Score
I got one for Christmas and can answer 0 of your questions. I did download a game but I've never had a corrupt file message. Is your wi-fi often spotty?

Reaction Score
If it's a corrupt file, clearing your cache in storage might work. Had to do this on the xbox 360 literally a day ago trying to get NCAA football 14 to work.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I got one for Christmas and can answer 0 of your questions. I did download a game but I've never had a corrupt file message. Is your wi-fi often spotty?

It’s okay I guess. Pain in the butt

GemParty

Reaction Score
If it's a corrupt file, clearing your cache in storage might work. Had to do this on the xbox 360 literally a day ago trying to get NCAA football 14 to work.
I’ll see if the redownlosd worked, otherwise where does the cache live? I put an SD memory card in before we began, & I can have that as a trouble shoot too.

I recently learned there’s lots of headsets but no wireless yet that support chat. Unless somebody has proof?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Unfortunately headsets yes, chat no. Unless you use the phone app in conjunction with online. ?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Update/ still researching headsets n mics. The article I linked was March of 2018. Some articles say yes, but haven’t listed which ones. Chime in, if you know for certain.

Reaction Score
Something of a diehard you are, huh?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I have two kids under the age of 4 who would absolutely have no interest in a Switch. I also have less than 0 hours in my day to attempt to play a video game. But I want one of those things so bad.

Reaction Score
My.sister bought a wii when it first came out and I played a little. Never really thought Nintendo has enough 3rd party games to really keep interest in system long term. Seems like they put out the usual Mario kart, smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid etc than move on to the next system

Reaction Score
My.sister bought a wii when it first came out and I played a little. Never really thought Nintendo has enough 3rd party games to really keep interest in system long term. Seems like they put out the usual Mario kart, smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid etc than move on to the next system
Switch has some solid 3rd party options. Skyrim, Diablo, Monster Hunter Ultimate, Dark Souls, Civ 6, and Doom albeit late arrivals, are all solid additions and similar games would never have made it onto previous Nintendo consoles. Square made Octopath Traveler as an exclusive, and it would appear the FF7 remake and Persona 5 will be coming to the Switch. Bayonetta 3 will be an exclusive. First party will always be what drives Nintendo consoles but their third party is way more enticing on Switch than it has been since N64 imo.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Having no luck with this error code again. Brand new machine. Added an SD card which was compatible. Found both downloads corrupt two days in a row after reloading. Cleared the cache. Regular games play fine, but Fortnite & The MCart that came with the bundle cannot be played. Trying to download a 3rd time with the SD card removed. Lastly, I guess I’ll call Customer service before returning and trying another unit.

GemParty

Reaction Score
There’s a company called Turtle Beach which have 15 types of headphones & microphones. They’ve given the best description of what to use & when. Most of them are for portable mode. They are wired.

Then you can buy wireless if you plan on mostly playing Switch docked on tv. Those are like $90 +
(A wired unit apparently won’t give you chat & game sound when docked.)

I’m sure there’s are other brands. Wireless Sony Gold?

Nintendo Switch™ Compatbility

Reaction Score
Get hollow knight...best $10 you'll spend on a game

Never played fortnite so can't help u there. Never seen that error message either and I've downloaded most of my games...which I no longer have time to play with a baby...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom