OT Antonio Brown Signs with Patriots | The Boneyard

OT Antonio Brown Signs with Patriots

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Saw all the Rumors, but didn't think the Patriots would sign Brown. Shame he couldn't play Monday night against the Steelers

$15 Million Dollars with $10 Million Guaranteed

What are the Betting Odds that he lasts the full season with the Patriots.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know Antonio Brown can't play in the NE Pitt game tonight but is he allowed to be on the sidelines. I could see him doing that and being a distraction to the Steelers? :confused:

A Belichick thing to do :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
These are professionals they don’t care who is on the sidelines

Reaction Score
Brown now needs to sign with a legal team, because a civil rape case has been filed against him.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Saw all the Rumors, but didn't think the Patriots would sign Brown. Shame he couldn't play Monday night against the Steelers

$15 Million Dollars with $10 Million Guaranteed

What are the Betting Odds that he lasts the full season with the Patriots.

The Patriots released him today. That relationship lasted 13 days. A relationship if you remember I said would not last to November 1. I’ve made a lot of calls during my time here in the yard. This was an easy one. A call that was not hard to see or make. I also believe another team will sign him this season.

I’ll say it again, talent trumps character. He’ll get another chance to cash BIG game checks in the NFL. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At least the Pats only have to pay him about 150 ,000

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I thought that he got a $9M guaranteed signing bonus. Did that money have restrictions?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I was wondering how much of that “guaranteed” money the Patriots are still on the hook for.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was wondering how much of that “guaranteed” money the Patriots are still on the hook for.

According to the ESPN article, no signing bonus money will be owed.

The Patriots had agreed to pay Brown a $9 million signing bonus, which was divided into two parts -- $5 million that was due to be paid Sept. 23 (Monday) and $4 million that wasn't due to be paid until Jan. 15.

Brown, however, will likely not get any of the bonus because of a representation warranty clause that calls for a player to disclose any situations that may prevent continued availability, a source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

The NFL Players Association could file a grievance over the money, and sources told ESPN last week that Brown was under a confidentiality agreement while attorneys for he and Taylor discussed a potential settlement for months. But the team can argue Brown could have notified it of any looming issues, even in generalities.

Brown, instead, likely will only be paid by the Patriots for Week 2 and Week 3.

Reaction Score
They released him because he sent a threating test message to the other woman who said he made inappropriate sexual advances towards her a few days ago. That alone is enough to void his contract. They knew they could not release him for the non-disclosure issue, but took advantage of his stupid text. It was just a matter of time till he did something stupid again.

Reaction Score
He also now says he will no longer play in the NFL. Right! Like he has a choice.

Reaction Score
He’s tweeting out reminders of Ben Roethlisberger’s rape case and Robert Kraft’s recently being caught on film with a prostitute as part of a human trafficking sting, and reminding us that in his case there have been no charges, only accusations. I can’t stand AB and think he’s an idiot, but he has a point

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
He’s tweeting out reminders of Ben Roethlisberger’s rape case and Robert Kraft’s recently being caught on film with a prostitute as part of a human trafficking sting, and reminding us that in his case there have been no charges, only accusations. I can’t stand AB and think he’s an idiot, but he has a point

Yeah.... Brown is a knucklehead with CTE, but yeah.... he did have a point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AB has enrolled in 4 courses at Central Michigan, where he played 3 years and did not graduate. Use this down time to complete his education? Turns out he signed up for school 4 days BEFORE he was cut by the Patriots...

Here’s some analysis on whether or not the Pats will actually have to fork over his signing bonus after the NFLPA challenges (Kraft says he’s not writing that check regardless).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom