OT: Annapolis MD | The Boneyard

OT: Annapolis MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a beautiful "little" town huh? I haven't been there until this week staying there Sunday though today. We had meetings all day but spent some time walking, water taxiing and driving around town and I absolutely love the town. Wished I had more daylight to get on a boat and take some tours but just being around town, the streets, pubs and great restaurants was a treat. My uncle graduated form the Academy in '54 and told me it was just a fishing town basically when he was there but he visits every year still and told me where to go when I was able to get away from the group. While I wasn't able to do everything I just really enjoyed that place, fun people, great boats and views, hot women to look at everywhere and just an all around peaceful setting.

If you haven't been there I would suggest a ride down or flight down to check it out for a long weekend sometime. I will go back.

Kind of Newport RI on steroids for us NE'ers.

Reaction Score
You had great weather this week too-I live about 45 minutes from Annapolis and love going there this time of year. I think the football team comes down to play Navy next year so that would be a great time to come back down. Did you hit Middleton's Tavern for some oyster shooters?

Reaction Score
What a beautiful "little" town huh? I haven't been there until this week staying there Sunday though today. We had meetings all day but spent some time walking, water taxiing and driving around town and I absolutely love the town. Wished I had more daylight to get on a boat and take some tours but just being around town, the streets, pubs and great restaurants was a treat. My uncle graduated form the Academy in '54 and told me it was just a fishing town basically when he was there but he visits every year still and told me where to go when I was able to get away from the group. While I wasn't able to do everything I just really enjoyed that place, fun people, great boats and views, hot women to look at everywhere and just an all around peaceful setting.

If you haven't been there I would suggest a ride down or flight down to check it out for a long weekend sometime. I will go back.

Mau, next time your in the area PM me. Hook up for some drinks. Also some nice golfing.

Reaction Score

I've been there several times, but not since Dan Orlovsky put 38 on the board against Navy in Forrest Gump rain in 2002.

It's a gorgeous downtown area. Like a bigger Mystic but everything is made of brick. Really, really good town to have a few beers (more than a few).

Reaction Score
You had great weather this week too-I live about 45 minutes from Annapolis and love going there this time of year. I think the football team comes down to play Navy next year so that would be a great time to come back down. Did you hit Middleton's Tavern for some oyster shooters?

Went to the Middleton Tavern for a couple hops and barley actually but no food, like the place a lot. One of my uncles fav's actually he told me about. We ate at Pussers the first night which was a Carribean bar right in our hotel on the docks, great setting for sure but the food, ehhh - drinks were good though. Went to Severn across the water the next night very good cuisine and a setting looking across the water at the academy which was gorgeous. Then a vendor brought us to the Blackwell Hitch cool little place on the other side of the bridge with pretty good food also and great beer selection. Wouldn't seem to be too many "bad" places there. Wanted to hit O'Briens but never made it.

Reaction Score
Mau, next time your in the area PM me. Hook up for some drinks. Also some nice golfing.

Wish I had known would have done so. Next time for sure - you're close to that area?

Reaction Score
Yeah and I have an account in Annapolis. Rip also has a house in the area, or might I say a mansion.

Speaking of Rip, I can neither confirm nor deny that I was asked to leave Ram's Head Tavern in April 1999 (three weeks after bliss) for standing/wobbling on a stool and spelling out U, C, O, N, N with my arms like Big Red but not as cool.

Great town...

Reaction Score
Huh never knew it was a destination. I have family that we visit in Severna Park MD a few times a year, drive past Annapolis without ever stopping. Maybe i'll make it a point to stop on our next trip. Oysters and Beers are 2 things that make me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom