Reaction Score

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Duke -- OD... original ... love it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Arizona State at 14 was very funny. And probably mostly true.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Boston Univ should easily be #1, IMHO.

You don't live close enough to Brown. They got it right.

Based on the BC alumns I know (lots of them), I wouldn't put it on the list. Actually seem very similar to UConn people in many ways.

Reaction Score
You don't live close enough to Brown. They got it right.

Based on the BC alumns I know (lots of them), I wouldn't put it on the list. Actually seem very similar to UConn people in many ways.

Name them.

Reaction Score
They got Boston U. absolutely right on that list, but on the scale of things, having a twit care about marketing that much is not the douchiest thing around. It is about #18 or so. However, the stuff going on up at BC is douchy on a Duke level. Over-the-top douchy.

Personally, I have a hard time believing Skidmore, Hampshire and the like aren't on the list, and I'd definitely throw in Michigan and William & Mary. Oh, and Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
I think Trinity fits, based on the Trinity grads I know and the comments I've heard from other NESCAC people. but how they can ignore Connecticut College is beyond me. Actual comment from a Conn student: We could really help New London by offering Latin classes to some of the street urchins after school.
Street urchins. Yeah, she said that.

Reaction Score
They got Boston U. absolutely right on that list, but on the scale of things, having a twit care about marketing that much is not the douchiest thing around. It is about #18 or so. However, the stuff going on up at BC is douchy on a Duke level. Over-the-top douchy.

Personally, I have a hard time believing Skidmore, Hampshire and the like aren't on the list, and I'd definitely throw in Michigan and William & Mary. Oh, and Texas A&M.

William and Mary? It's a nerd school. Instead of going to football games they study. You would think Williamsburg would be a great college town, but really it just has a ton of pancake houses and Busch Gardens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

And Wellesley. Definitely. Way more douchy than anything going on at Chestnut Hill.

Reaction Score
I think Trinity fits, based on the Trinity grads I know and the comments I've heard from other NESCAC people. but how they can ignore Connecticut College is beyond me. Actual comment from a Conn student: We could really help New London by offering Latin classes to some of the street urchins after school.
Street urchins. Yeah, she said that.

Wesleyan is Central. In a previous job I had a lot of Weslyan kids filtering through my office - absolutely painful to deal with.

Reaction Score
My best friend went to BC and I always had a great time there. Granted his roommate up there was from Columbia, CT but it's not THAT BAD. It was more so having a great time in the city though.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Can't believe none of the Maine triumverate (Bowdoin, Bates and Colby) are listed. I was accepted at Bowdoin as an undergrad transfer from U. of Souhtern Maine. When I declined because of the ten-fold increase in tuition, I told the admissions advisor that I didn't believe the education was ten times better, and I actually liked my classes and profs at USM. She was pole-axed. Literally stuttering.

Reaction Score
Also I wonder how super wealthy families send their kids to Trinity after seeing the neighborhood.

Reaction Score
Of the Maine Troika I'd say Colby is pretty normal, Bates is sort of Wesleyan North and Bowdoin is pretty self important. Your experience there doesn't surprise me. the only one I'd consider really douchey is Bowdoin, though. Of the NESCAC schools, I think he gets Amherst right. Great fun when someone says he or she goes to Amherst, ask them if they mean UMass. (You can do the same with Penn grads and Penn State). And the best line I ever heard about Trinity was from a Trinity grad. He says, "Of course we have great teams. Trinity has th elowest admission standards in the NESCAC, so we can get players the others can't touch. Plus we cheat on those." But I pick Connecticut college for many reasons...for one, when their President was the chair of the NESCAC one year , she didn't want them to keep league standings. Listing the schools alphabetically was her proposal regardless of wins and losses. That alone ought to earn them all time status.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Of the Maine Troika I'd say Colby is pretty normal, Bates is sort of Wesleyan North and Bowdoin is pretty self important. Your experience there doesn't surprise me. the only one I'd consider really douchey is Bowdoin, though. Of the NESCAC schools, I think he gets Amherst right. Great fun when someone says he or she goes to Amherst, ask them if they mean UMass. (You can do the same with Penn grads and Penn State). And the best line I ever heard about Trinity was from a Trinity grad. He says, "Of course we have great teams. Trinity has th elowest admission standards in the NESCAC, so we can get players the others can't touch. Plus we cheat on those." But I pick Connecticut college for many reasons...for one, when their President was the chair of the NESCAC one year , she didn't want them to keep league standings. Listing the schools alphabetically was her proposal regardless of wins and losses. That alone ought to earn them all time status.

For sure. On a side note I always thought it would be amusing if Colby made their mascot a cheese- then they could be the "Colby Cheddars". Never got positive feedback from my Colby buddies on that one...

Reaction Score
Surprised the political douches at Georgetown and George Washington didn't make the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom