OT: AMC 20 Movie Theater Plainville | The Boneyard

OT: AMC 20 Movie Theater Plainville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Best movie theater I have ever been to since the renovation. Huge reclining club seating chairs with electric controls that layout the seat, tons of room. You can reserve the seats by their position online also. If you join the club for $9 they waive the fees to buy online tix for a year. If they did closed circuit NFL games or UCONN games I would move in there. Sorry if there already was a thread on this but it is quite amazing. Some guy there said they spent over 6 million to do this.

Reaction Score
Did they renovate all the theatres or just the 2-3 biggest ones?

What else did they do there?

I used to go to this place frequently but havent been to the movies in a while as I do NetFlix, RedBox etc.

Reaction Score
Did they renovate all the theatres or just the 2-3 biggest ones?

What else did they do there?

I used to go to this place frequently but havent been to the movies in a while as I do NetFlix, RedBox etc.
They completely renovated 19 of the 20 theaters. Only the IMAX theater still has the old seating. They completely redid the box office (all computers now) and redid concession as well. Self serve icees and sodas (they have like 8 of those coke freestyle machines with like 300 combinations).

It's really impressive the reno's they did on what was one of the newer/nicer theaters in the area to begin with.

Reaction Score
My wife and I went to see Spectre last Thursday. We don't go to a movie theater very, but I was stunned at how nice it was. The renovation has cut capacity, I think #1 only holds about 100-150 people. Very nice and very intimate, however paying $13.50 for a large popcorn/soda combo almost ruins it.

Reaction Score
Saw a movie there about two months ago. Absolutely loved the recliners - so damn comfortable.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's my local movie house too. The renovations are great, you really feel like you're only getting slightly ripped off as opposed to how those places usually are. It's a great experience.

Reaction Score
Best movie theater I have ever been to since the renovation. Huge reclining club seating chairs with electric controls that layout the seat, tons of room. You can reserve the seats by their position online also. If you join the club for $9 they waive the fees to buy online tix for a year. If they did closed circuit NFL games or UCONN games I would move in there. Sorry if there already was a thread on this but it is quite amazing. Some guy there said they spent over 6 million to do this.
The problem for me is that the comfy chairs are conducive to a elongated nap during the movie. I wake and wonder who the hell that character is.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
FYI - there is an Entertainment Board if you click the Forums link that this would make more sense being in.

Reaction Score
Here in Bellows Falls, VT (25 min north of Brattleboro) we have a movie theatre called the Bellows Falls Opera House. Seats aren't new but movies are first-run and candy/soda is really cheap. One price ticket for anytime even weekend nights is $5- get it with a medium popcorn, medium soda and box of movie candy and the total cost is $10! I'll be watching the new Bond movie there this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom