OT: Ambrose really is a great coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Ambrose really is a great coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Just saying. This is what good long term thinkers do. Meyer and Saban are not attainable so that's a waste of time.

If I believed some on this board, Diaco wasn't obtainable either. And good long-term thinkers think about upgrading their status, not staying the same. So why would I yearn for a coaching prospect that was less thought of nationally than the one that we just signed? That's not a waste of time either???

Does it mean Diaco is going to be the next Parcells? I have no idea. But the idea that we are playing the "what if" game with Ambrose is neither long-term thinking, nor is it "time well spent"...

(I've already broken my promise of vacating the thread. My bad...)

Reaction Score
If I believed some on this board, Diaco wasn't obtainable either. And good long-term thinkers think about upgrading their status, not staying the same. So why would I yearn for a coaching prospect that was less thought of nationally than the one that we just signed? That's not a waste of time either???

Does it mean Diaco is going to be the next Parcells? I have no idea. But the idea that we are playing the "what if" game with Ambrose is neither long-term thinking, nor is it "time well spent"...

(I've already broken my promise of vacating the thread. My bad...)

I don't remember anyone saying Diaco wasn't attainable. He really wasn't in conversation much at all. When the plan to Muncie was reported, everybody assumed it was Lembo.

You might as well yearn for Parcells and BB. That's about as likely.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don't remember anyone saying Diaco wasn't attainable. He really wasn't in conversation much at all. When the plan to Muncie was reported, everybody assumed it was Lembo.

You might as well yearn for Parcells and BB. That's about as likely.

People assumed it was Lembo for a grand total of 3 hours. I know, because I was on the Boneyard during the Twitter melee. When candidates like Narduzzi, Diaco, and Herman were discussed (and yes, Diaco WAS discussed, even if it wasn't with the same frequency as Narduzzi), it was assumed that we were "long-shots" for those candidates. In fact, many thought that we were even long-shots for Lembo and Clawson. There were more than a few people who thought our only realistic course would have been with Ambrose, Moorhead, or Weist.

So that is the non-revisionist recent history of the board. If everyone thought that Diaco was obtainable, why was the reaction on the Boneyard so overwhelmingly positive? As a group, we haven't collectively agreed on anything for the last 3 years...

Reaction Score
People assumed it was Lembo for a grand total of 3 hours. I know, because I was on the Boneyard during the Twitter melee. When candidates like Narduzzi, Diaco, and Herman were discussed (and yes, Diaco WAS discussed, even if it wasn't with the same frequency as Narduzzi), it was assumed that we were "long-shots" for those candidates. In fact, many thought that we were even long-shots for Lembo and Clawson. There were more than a few people who thought our only realistic course would have been with Ambrose, Moorhead, or Weist.

So that is the non-revisionist recent history of the board. If everyone thought that Diaco was obtainable, why was the reaction on the Boneyard so overwhelmingly positive? As a group, we haven't collectively agreed on anything for the last 3 years...

Herman was discussed less than Narduzzi. And Diaco came up far less than Herman. I read the same threads as you. And this place doesn't exactly define reality.

In the media, Jeff Jacobs mentioned him more than anyone. But in general, after Narduzzi, everyone assumed Lembo was the guy. And the universe according to Twitter did too. Again. Everyone assumed Warde was on some plane to Muncie to offer Lembo.

ZLS nailed it when he said "right state, wrong school".

There is nothing revisionist about what I am saying here.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
. But in general, after Narduzzi, everyone assumed Lembo was the guy. And the universe according to Twitter did too. Again. Everyone assumed Warde was on some plane to Muncie to offer Lembo.

ZLS nailed it when he said "right state, wrong school".

There is nothing revisionist about what I am saying here.

Exactly how many HOURS went by in between Narduzzi and Diaco, exactly?

C'mon, man. I remember writing a post when the news broke about Lembo that I was lukewarm on him but I wanted to congratulate him anyways, and then I had to place an edit in that same exact post because a tweet came out immediately that it wasn't true...

Reaction Score
Exactly how many HOURS went by in between Narduzzi and Diaco, exactly?

C'mon, man. I remember writing a post when the news broke about Lembo that I was lukewarm on him but I wanted to congratulate him anyways, and then I had to place an edit in that same exact post because a tweet came out immediately that it wasn't true...

Please. Not many hours, but everyone assumed Lembo was the guy, just like you did. Diaco was at best the tertiary guy. Nobody every said Diaco was a long shot because we never discussed him all that much.

And if Diaco is a long shot, then Meyer and BB are that times a million.

We were elated because we didn't realize how great the guy was and the more we learned about him the more we liked him. I am glad Narduzzi stayed put. I think Diaco will be a better head coach than he was a coordinator. He is the type of leader who does better with each successive promotion.

I am happy we got him, but if he is good then I doubt we have him longer than 3-4 years. I am ok with that.

Since we don't have a bowl game to discuss, because Warde screwed up and didn't fire PGDL last year, we're discussing a former UConn OC who has been really successful and still has a playoff game or two in front of him. He may be a stronger candidate the next time around.

Is that ok with you? What else should we talk about? What type of product Diaco uses in his hair? His wife? His collection of rare goldfish?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Please. Not many hours, but everyone assumed Lembo was the guy, just like you did. Diaco was at best the tertiary guy. Nobody every said Diaco was a long shot because we never discussed him all that much.

And if Diaco is a long shot, then Meyer and BB are that times a million.

We were elated because we didn't realize how great the guy was and the more we learned about him the more we liked him. I am glad Narduzzi stayed put. I think Diaco will be a better head coach than he was a coordinator. He is the type of leader who does better with each successive promotion.

I am happy we got him, but if he is good then I doubt we have him longer than 3-4 years. I am ok with that.

Since we don't have a bowl game to discuss, because Warde screwed up and didn't fire PGDL last year, we're discussing a former UConn OC who has been really successful and still has a playoff game or two in front of him. He may be a stronger candidate the next time around.

Is that ok with you? What else should we talk about? What type of product Diaco uses in his hair? His wife? His collection of rare goldfish?

Uggh. Here we go:

1) I assumed Lembo was the guy for a grand total of 10 minutes. I made the correction to that assumption in minute 11.
2) My Meyer comment was a sarcastic joke. The fact that you couldn't understand that is mesmerizing.
3) The more we learned about him??? The INSTANTANEOUS reaction was a resounding YES! If you don't believe me, take a look at the Diaco thread. The national reaction was equally as potent.
4) Feel free to doubt if he'll be here longer than 3-4 years.
5) Feel free to discuss a former UConn OC and whether or not he will be a stronger candidate next time.
6) Feel free to discuss Diaco's hair.

Reaction Score
Uggh. Here we go:

1) I assumed Lembo was the guy for a grand total of 10 minutes. I made the correction to that assumption in minute 11.
2) My Meyer comment was a sarcastic joke. The fact that you couldn't understand that is mesmerizing.
3) The more we learned about him??? The INSTANTANEOUS reaction was a resounding YES! If you don't believe me, take a look at the Diaco thread. The national reaction was equally as potent.
4) Feel free to doubt if he'll be here longer than 3-4 years.
5) Feel free to discuss a former UConn OC and whether or not he will be a stronger candidate next time.
6) Feel free to discuss Diaco's hair.

I still don't believe you. I probably even posted in that thread. He was never thought of as a long shot because he wasn't really thought of. FACT. Like I said he was at best the tertiary consideration on this board, which as I indicated does not define reality.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I still don't believe you. I probably even posted in that thread. He was never thought of as a long shot because he wasn't really thought of. FACT. Like I said he was at best the tertiary consideration on this board, which as I indicated does not define reality.

You don't believe me about what? The fact that I only assumed Lembo was the pick for a very very short time or the fact that the board's reaction was overwhelmingly positive, to the point of people posting things like "we haven't all agreed to this degree on something since PPGDL were let go"? I can assure you that both are true...whether you believe it or not...

Addendum:

Just in case you don't believe me about my short belief in Lembo, here is my exact quote from the Lembo thread, page 1:

"Well, I hope my lukewarm impression of him gets proven wrong, if he is indeed our new coach. Here's to Lembo going "13-0"!!!

EDIT: I just read the tweet above me. I'll fill my whiskey glass for yet another long night..."

Reaction Score
You don't believe me about what? The fact that I only assumed Lembo was the pick for a very very short time or the fact that the board's reaction was overwhelmingly positive, to the point of people posting things like "we haven't all agreed to this degree on something since PPGDL were let go"? I can assure you that both are true...whether you believe it or not...

I don't believe your ridiculous assertion that we thought Diaco was a longshot. What I am saying is most people here didn't think about him much at all. The focus was on Narduzzi, Lembo, and even some Clawson before Wake hired him.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don't believe your ridiculous assertion that we thought Diaco was a longshot. What I am saying is most people here didn't think about him much at all. The focus was on Narduzzi, Lembo, and even some Clawson before Wake hired him.

The focus was on Narduzzi, Lembo, Clawson, and TJ. Nobody is friggin' disputing that! But Diaco was discussed as well. It was thought that Narduzzi, Herman, and Diaco were all longshots, along with Mullen. It wasn't until very late in the process that it was even thought possible that we were in the running for Narduzzi, and that is what fueled the heavy discussion around him. Christ, up until the point in time that we heard rumors about the possibility of Narduzzi, we had talked equally as much about Quinn!

Let it go, man. Let it go...

Reaction Score
The focus was on Narduzzi, Lembo, Clawson, and TJ. Nobody is friggin' disputing that! But Diaco was discussed as well. It was thought that Narduzzi, Herman, and Diaco were all longshots, along with Mullen. It wasn't until very late in the process that it was even thought possible that we were in the running for Narduzzi, and that is what fueled the heavy discussion around him. Christ, up until the point in time that we heard rumors about the possibility of Narduzzi, we had talked equally as much about Quinn!

Let it go, man. Let it go...

It was more likely that Diaco seemed like a longshot to get the job not longshot to accept it. Please you sound crazy.

Reaction Score
Are ZooCougar and UConnDan97 really the same person with seperate e-mail addresses? If so, your tit for tat is very entertaining. If not you're both entertaining. :)
On another note I don't think you'll see Rob back at Catholic U where he had his first HC gig.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Are ZooCougar and UConnDan97 really the same person with seperate e-mail addresses? If so, your tit for tat is very entertaining. If not you're both entertaining. :)
On another note I don't think you'll see Rob back at Catholic U where he had his first HC gig.

We are indeed one....spiritually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak