OT: Aidan Igiehon Picks Louisville | The Boneyard

OT: Aidan Igiehon Picks Louisville

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Does this help us at all with any recruits?

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
He would’ve been the closest thing we’ve had resembling the great one.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Hilarious that we're going to get banged for Ollie shooting a 3 in front of Akinjo and a couple kids working out in Atlanta and these outlaw programs keep right on trucking. Gotta love college sports.

I guess the rules are different for the haves and the have nots.

Reaction Score
Not only will nothing happen to Louisville, Kansas, or Duke I'm pretty positive they will continue to pay players. Bags will be dropped. Assistant coaches will get blamed. Round and round we go.

Reaction Score
Meh....it is probably a safe choice for Igiehon at Louisville.

Clearly everyone at Louisville, to include the AD, the coach and the recruits, thinks they are going to escape major NCAA penalties. The tried and tested "its not fair to punish a coach and kids who weren't here for the violations and we've cleaned house now" has worked in the past. For the recruits, even if the NCAA decided to make an example of Louisville, they'll likely offer an escape hatch for all the current student athletes by allowing them to immediately transfer to another school without sitting out a year.

I still think Louisville has to get hit hard. The NCAA may be toothless and corrupt but going easy on major recruiting violation (paying recruits) while on probation for a major recruiting violations (prostitutes for recruits) is going to bring the kind of public scrutiny the NCAA can't handle. Besides Louisville is a convenient scapegoat...the NCAA won't hammer a cash cow, blue blood like UNC but an uppity, come from Conference USA, program like UL is a prime target to make a statement.

There is probably gonna be a second chance to re-recruit all these UL players when they get their free pass. Hopefully a year or 2 from now Igiehon really likes UConn.

Reaction Score
I want smarter basketball players. Good for him if he's an honors student, but if he's not smart enough to avoid wearing Ferragamo when he signs with a school known to pay players ....

Reaction Score
I want smarter basketball players. Good for him if he's an honors student, but if he's not smart enough to avoid wearing Ferragamo when he signs with a school known to pay players ....
1539977311482.png
Belt is $478.99 on Bluefly. Hookers would have been cheaper.

Reaction Score
So this kid has the means to have a jacket custom made just to announce where he'll be matriculating?

C

Chief00

Meh....it is probably a safe choice for Igiehon at Louisville.

Clearly everyone at Louisville, to include the AD, the coach and the recruits, thinks they are going to escape major NCAA penalties. The tried and tested "its not fair to punish a coach and kids who weren't here for the violations and we've cleaned house now" has worked in the past. For the recruits, even if the NCAA decided to make an example of Louisville, they'll likely offer an escape hatch for all the current student athletes by allowing them to immediately transfer to another school without sitting out a year.

I still think Louisville has to get hit hard. The NCAA may be toothless and corrupt but going easy on major recruiting violation (paying recruits) while on probation for a major recruiting violations (prostitutes for recruits) is going to bring the kind of public scrutiny the NCAA can't handle. Besides Louisville is a convenient scapegoat...the NCAA won't hammer a cash cow, blue blood like UNC but an uppity, come from Conference USA, program like UL is a prime target to make a statement.

There is probably gonna be a second chance to re-recruit all these UL players when they get their free pass. Hopefully a year or 2 from now Igiehon really likes UConn.

Now you know why Chief00 felt Nate Miles got railroaded. These other schools don’t have a Women’s Center working overtime to screw their own program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom