OT - After trouble at UConn, Joe Williams gets a second chance | The Boneyard

OT - After trouble at UConn, Joe Williams gets a second chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He threw our older players under the bus and blamed them for the whole thing. If he did nothing wrong, he probably could have talked his way out of it. Apparently, the guys who were to blame didn't get the boot so his story seems like bs to me.

Reaction Score
He threw our older players under the bus and blamed them for the whole thing. If he did nothing wrong, he probably could have talked his way out of it. Apparently, the guys who were to blame didn't get the boot so his story seems like bs to me.
I'm just gonna say that his side of the story doesn't surprise me considering the things I have heard that happened under Pasqualoni...and the state of the program that Diaco finally described last year to a reporter (things being stolen at Burton, stuff like that). I wish Joe Williams well...and will be rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Aside from his opening press conference, P always sounded like a guy comfortable cashing checks. Like no investment on his part, after losing to buffalo in horrific fashion, to go 0-4, and get fired he talked about going to a BCS bowl if they won all their conference games.

Somehow, a guy that disconnected from reality got Jeff Hathaway to pay him millions of dollars.

Reaction Score
Looks like he hasn't taken responsibility for his crime.
Or, he's telling the truth.

When Diaco took over, guys were stealing from their teammates in their own locker room. Is it really that hard to believe that some guys he looked up to led him astray?

Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:

When Diaco took over, guys were stealing from their teammates in their own locker room. Is it really that hard to believe that some guys he looked up to led him astray?

He certainly could have gone to trial or name the offenders so that the state could investigate. I am all for second chances, and feel that people can redeem themselves after poor choices. The first step for Williams is to take responsibility and put it behind him.

Reaction Score
It's really a first chance. P. didn't play him even before the incident.

Now, the kid he ends up at Utah. P's eye for talent truly betrayed him.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm just gonna say that his side of the story doesn't surprise me considering the things I have heard that happened under Pasqualoni...and the state of the program that Diaco finally described last year to a reporter (things being stolen at Burton, stuff like that). I wish Joe Williams well...and will be rooting for him.
What else did you hear? I know conditioning went to hell but never heard about things being stolen from Burton... I'm sure that more happened than people know, but am interested to hear what's out there.

Reaction Score

He probably is telling the truth. But the kid doesn't sound like the type of guy I'd want to be in a foxhole with. Taking responsibility for his crime would be to own it. Not blame others.

Reaction Score
Happy this young man got back on his feet... Life's about 2nd chances... Hope for big things for this kid... I have to admit though, it's gonna suck if he blows up at UCONN... on the flipside of that, it goes to show we do indeed recruit talented football players nowadays...

Reaction Score
I'm willing to believe just about anything about how things were under P, but I have trouble believing his version of events. If it's true, and law enforcement was involved (which they were), there would have been other people/players arrested.

Reaction Score
What else did you hear? I know conditioning went to hell but never heard about things being stolen from Burton... I'm sure that more happened than people know, but am interested to hear what's out there.
Diaco was quoted in an article last yr about that...he said that when he asked why there wasn't a video game console (Playstation or Xbox) at Burton the kids told him they had one but it kept getting stolen....

Reaction Score
He probably is telling the truth. But the kid doesn't sound like the type of guy I'd want to be in a foxhole with. Taking responsibility for his crime would be to own it. Not blame others.

If he's telling the truth then he's the one who got thrown under the bus. If he's telling the truth, he's the only one who got charged with crime despite never using the card. I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with a guy who rats out his teammates. He owned it when he went to court and accepted his punishment. He owes nothing to the guys who old him out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's really a first chance. P. didn't play him even before the incident.

Now, the kid he ends up at Utah. P's eye for talent truly betrayed him.
NOTHING I saw from 2010 to 2013 told me that former "Coach" Pasqualoni had a football eye for much of anything, let alone talent.

Nope...Wait...I stand corrected. He had a talet for smozzing and he smooze the most easiest of easily-smoozed in one, Jeffrey A. Hathaway ("A" is his real middle initial. I'll let your imagination determine what it stands for.).

Reaction Score
If he's telling the truth then he's the one who got thrown under the bus. If he's telling the truth, he's the only one who got charged with crime despite never using the card. I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with a guy who rats out his teammates. He owned it when he went to court and accepted his punishment. He owes nothing to the guys who old him out.

I don't buy the young innocent naeve kid who didn't know what he was doing angle.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I don't buy the young innocent naeve kid who didn't know what he was doing angle.

The fact he pled guilty and no other students were arrested raises a red flag. Additionally, the police would be able to determine from what computer the stolen credit card was used on. I would be very interested to read the warrant on the case. Might paint a different picture.

With that said, as I mentioned before, I believe in second chances. A stupid decision shouldn't define a person. But the person needs to accept responsibility in order to move on. Doesn't appear Joe Williams does. I sincerely wish him the best at Utah.

Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
When did back packs start costing 1400 dollars?? Holy crap

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The fact he pled guilty and no other students were arrested raises a red flag. Additionally, the police would be able to determine from what computer the stolen credit card was used on. I would be very interested to read the warrant on the case. Might paint a different picture.

With that said, as I mentioned before, I believe in second chances. A stupid decision shouldn't define a person. But the person needs to accept responsibility in order to move on. Doesn't appear Joe Williams does. I sincerely wish him the best at Utah.

He didn't plead guilty.

I think you'd need to have your head in the sand to believe he acted alone.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Figures, the kid screws up badly, and lands on his feet at a PAC 12 school... Good for him though!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Figures, the kid screws up badly, and lands on his feet at a PAC 12 school... Good for him though!
Meanwhile, UConn screws up badly by hiring PP and lands on its face in the AAC. What a cruel world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom