OT: 'Adblock Detected' | The Boneyard

OT: 'Adblock Detected'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one getting this annoying blue message that keeps popping up and taking over the screen asking you to login? I'm getting it on both my phone and my work computer when I visit the site.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Am I the only one getting this annoying blue message that keeps popping up and taking over the screen asking you to login? I'm getting it on both my phone and my work computer when I visit the site.

I got it this morning as well.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

It locked me off the site, from my home computer, last night.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

You have to be a registered user and logged in to not see it.

Follow the instructions when the screen pops up.

Reaction Score

I actually disabled my adblock a while back when you asked us too, and I'm logged in as well, but it does pop up again.

It hasn't for the last couple pages, but it was earlier. Weird.

Reaction Score

I was logged in and was getting the message, but like it did for upstater it just now stopped.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Very annoying. I don't get it on my desktop or MacBook, but I do on my HP Netbook running Win7. I don't get a chance to log on before it comes up. The funny thing is that I can see ALL the ads in the few seconds I can actually see the site, so if I have an adblocker running, it's doing a crappy job.

Reaction Score
Very annoying. I don't get it on my desktop or MacBook, but I do on my HP Netbook running Win7. I don't get a chance to log on before it comes up. The funny thing is that I can see ALL the ads in the few seconds I can actually see the site, so if I have an adblocker running, it's doing a crappy job.

Yes, very annoying. The site claims, as does the email that I got back from tom@emery.net who is listed as the one to contact if you have a problem that you won't have a problem if you are registered and login. Well, it won't let you login if you have AdBlock.

I put AdBlock on years ago, and didn't appreciate what it was doing for me ...... until now. As Joni Mitchell aptly sang: "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got / Till it's gone"

Reaction Score
Ack it's back

I might get rid of AB entirely. Only use it to watch some soccer.

Reaction Score
I had to disable AB to be able to use the site. Not a big problem, but I was hoping that adding a @@http://the-boneyard.com filter to allow ads from this site would do it. Worked for a little while before getting the "guest and log in" message.

Anyone more savvy know the correct way to allow ads for this site without disabling AB entirely?

Reaction Score
I don't even have adblock and it's showing me that message. I use something called NoScript, but it's disabled for the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Actually yeah, I'm still getting it intermittently now.

Reaction Score
I also got it this morning on my macbook and I'm logged in. Have to disable for boneyard. Bull$hit.

Reaction Score
yea its not because of Adblock, I was getting it on my Android using Opera Mobile, and now its back again on my work computer and we still use IE

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yes, very annoying. The site claims, as does the email that I got back from tom@emery.net who is listed as the one to contact if you have a problem that you won't have a problem if you are registered and login. Well, it won't let you login if you have AdBlock.

I put AdBlock on years ago, and didn't appreciate what it was doing for me ...... until now. As Joni Mitchell aptly sang: "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got / Till it's gone"

yes it will.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
clear your cache and coo
I had to disable AB to be able to use the site. Not a big problem, but I was hoping that adding a @@http://the-boneyard.com filter to allow ads from this site would do it. Worked for a little while before getting the "guest and log in" message.

Anyone more savvy know the correct way to allow ads for this site without disabling AB entirely?
Clear your cache and cookies, and try again. There is now a link at the bottom to login.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't even have adblock and it's showing me that message. I use something called NoScript, but it's disabled for the Boneyard.

noscript and adblock are the same thing, effectively.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Clear your cache and cookies, and try again. There is now a link at the bottom to login.

Even after clearing out my cache, cookies, and all that other good stuff, I'm still getting into a loop where the first time after clearing the cache I get the message but it allows me to login, however, after I login I get the message again and then it won't allow me to login anymore, it just keeps looping back to the message even when I click the login link.

Using Chrome on Windows 7.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
manually type in the-boneyard/login

then login. watch to make sure you are not using www.the-boneyard.com
Even doing that that still doesn't work for me. When I manually put the-boneyard.com/login in the address bar it still loops me back to the-boneyard.com and then the message pops back up.

Reaction Score
noscript and adblock are the same thing, effectively.

That still doesn't really explain why I would see it when I don't have NoScript enabled for Boneyard. I keep it active for new sites and then when I trust them I disable it.

As you can see here, I am

1) not blocking ads, and
2) logged in

whatpngem.png

Reaction Score
That still doesn't really explain why I would see it when I don't have NoScript enabled for Boneyard. I keep it active for new sites and then when I trust them I disable it.

As you can see here, I am

1) not blocking ads, and
2) logged in

whatpngem.png

Have the same thing happening to me. I login and that screen still comes up. Had it happen on my android phone and my laptop. Only way to get around it that I have found is to stop the page from completely loading. It I let it load completely that blue screen pops up. Been happening since yesterday never had a problem before

Using iPad now and haven't had it pop up. That's the only way I'm posting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom