OT ACC Cable Channel - Interesting Read | The Boneyard

OT ACC Cable Channel - Interesting Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
PilotOnline - Link

Agree with the writers comments. Don't know how long the B10 Network has been in existence but I can count on one hand the number of events that I've completely watched. The ACC basketball games that I might watch will probably be carried by the ESPN network.

With the creation of the Network Channels by the B10,SEC, Pac12 and possibly the ACC will end up being the demise of the NCAA as we know it today.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I've watched multiple games on the BTN. If I were a fan of a B1G program, I'd watch more. I watch every Uconn WBB on SNY. A lot of people would think that was goofy.

This analysis provides no data, just speculation. The data show, in fact, that there is basically no limit to the market for more and more sports broadcasting.

I'm unclear what impact this has on the NCAA.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I've watched multiple games on the BTN. If I were a fan of a B1G program, I'd watch more. I watch every Uconn WBB on SNY. A lot of people would think that was goofy.

This analysis provides no data, just speculation. The data show, in fact, that there is basically no limit to the market for more and more sports broadcasting.

I'm unclear what impact this has on the NCAA.
We'll see how it all works in the future with pay-per-channel and subscribed Youtube channels and online content choices becoming more common. Sure there are a large section of the public that will still pay for the 1997 Big 10 volleyball game between Purdue and Minnesota, but as content starts to become decoupled from the cable giants crapfest packages, some air will likely be let out of the bubble, maybe even enough to cause a loud pop if it is not handled efficiently.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I watch a variety of games on BTN, but I'm not that much of a B1G WBB fan, although I certainly saw a variety of games and some softball as well. Football not so much. But once RU joins . . .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think a proposed ACC Network is a fantasy.

Too much of their territory is overlapped by the scads more popular SEC, they don't have the presence to draw cable fees in the larger northeast cities and the Big Ten has taken the mid-Atlantic from them.

Basically, the ACC network would have to make all of its hay in Virginia and North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom