OT - 2nd Annual My Brother Has Cerebral Palsy | The Boneyard

OT - 2nd Annual My Brother Has Cerebral Palsy

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I posted this last year and thought it would be a one time thing, but many people suggested that they would want to participate again.

My brother in law, Butch, has Cerebral Palsy which is a terrible condition. His parents were told he probably wouldn't leave the hospital after he was born. 55 years later he is still rolling - literally as he has been in a wheel chair his entire life. He has almost no use of his legs and arms and needs daily help for most things we take for granted like bathing, eating, even wiping his nose or scratching an itch.

He participates in a program called Ability First. Ability First is a collection of facilities that provides services that allows children and adults with disabilities to experience activities that seem out of reach and provide programs for daily activities. The organization has allowed Butch to go skiing and camping and provided daily arts and exercise programs that would never be available to someone with his disability. Ability First is 100% non profit and half of the funds they need are raised through donations.

My wife and I and a bunch of family and friends are participating in the annual 'Stroll and Roll' to raise money for his Long Beach center on April 2nd. 100% of the money raised goes to his center for programs and supplies. None of the money raised is used for overhead or administration. It's also 100% tax deductible.

If you're willing to donate and help raise money for his center, please click this link: Long Beach Center: Jim Levesque - Ability First Stroll & Roll 2017

Anything you can donate is very much appreciated. People donating last year were very creative with amounts like $77.74, $20.04, etc. Below is a picture of Butch ompleting the Stroll and Roll last year with the Laker Cheerleaders.

20160423_091044.jpg

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I know there's a lot of stuff going on with the program right now, but our annual Stroll and Roll is happening tomorrow (probably today for a lot of you).

I really want to give a huge thanks to whomever gave $500 in my name - that is really cool. Also a big thanks to Thomas McAuliffe for his $100 donation.

There is still time to donate to this cause and anything would be greatly appreciated. It's not only 100% tax deductible, but also 100% goes directly to the people who benefit from this amazing program.

Long Beach Center: Jim Levesque - Ability First Stroll & Roll 2017 Just click the Support James link.

Thanks everyone!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom