OT: 2016 All-Senior NBA Mock Draft | The Boneyard

OT: 2016 All-Senior NBA Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What if the NBA draft only allowed NCAA seniors as entrants? Below is my “2016 NCAA Seniors Only Mock Draft”. Enjoy!

1- Philadelphia - SG Buddy Hield, Oklahoma - Slots in right away to the team’s starting SG position.

2 - LA Lakers - SF Taurean Prince, Baylor - Takes over Kobe’s starting SF position. Demure Carroll comparisons.

3 - Boston - C A.J Hammons, Purdue. - Boston is in a dire need for a true big man, and Hammons provides that. I was at a toss-up between Hammons and UNC’s Johnson, but I thought Boston would prefer a bruising Hammons

4 - Phoenix - PF Brice Johnson, UNC - Plenty of options in the backcourt, so the Suns get a guy who could replace Morris, if traded away.

5 - Minnesota - SG Denzel Valentine, Michigan St. - The ‘Wolves need shooters to provide space for Towns, and Valentine provides that. Not sure if he can start over LaVine, but I think Valentine pairs well with Rubio.

6 - New Orleans - SG Malcolm Brogdon, Virginia - Another team that needs shooters, so Brogdon fits the bill.

7 - Denver - SG Caris LeVert, Michigan - LeVert doesn’t really have a set position in the next level, so he provides Denver nice depth for Harris, Barton and Gallinari at the 2 and 3.

8 - Sacramento - PG, Gary Payton II, Oregon St. - Guard depth is an issue for the Kings, so Payton II is the perfect need fit.

9 - Toronto - PF, Joel Bolomboy, Weber St. - I’m not going to pretend that I knew about this guy before making this mock draft, but Bolomboy was a double-double machine this season and I’m sure the Raptors weren’t psyched having to have Scola in the rotation when they were playing the Cavs.

10 - Milwaukee - PG, Yogi Ferrell, Indiana - Milwaukee has lots of holes to fill in their backcourt so Ferrell immediately slots in with some playing time. Torn between Ferrell and Gbinije with this pick.

11 - Orlando - SF, Dorian Finney-Smith, Florida - Shooting and rebounding is a weak point for the Magic and Finney-Smith provides help in both of these categories.

12 - Utah, SG, Michael Gbinije, Syracuse - Love their frontcourt, so Gbinije provides nice depth for Hayward, Hood and Exum.

13 - Phoenix, SF, Jake Layman, Maryland - Phoenix continues building talent in their forwards with Layman who could hit outside shots.

14 - Chicago, C, Chris Obekpa, UNLV - Noah, Gasol and Gibson could all be gone after next season, so Chicago could groom Obekpa to be a rim-protector at the next level.

15 - Denver, SF/PF, Jarrod Uthoff, Iowa - Uthoff provides Denver depth at both forward positions and Uthoff also helps with Denver’s outside shooting woes.

16 - Boston, PF, Zach Auguste, Notre Dame - the need for forwards and the Fighting Irish connection is just too good to pass up here.

17 - Memphis, SG, Damion Lee, Louisville - Memphis will have big holes in the wing position, so Lee provides Memphis a two-way wing who can get a fast track to lots of playing time.

18 - Detroit, PF, Perry Ellis, Kansas - Detroit’s biggest need is a PF next to Drummond and Ellis is the best available.

19 - Denver, PG, Marcus Paige, UNC - Denver doesn’t have a backup PG under contract next season.

20 - Indiana, PF, Devin Thomas, Wake Forest - Thomas will help shore up poor rebounding stats from the 4.

21 - Atlanta, C, Kaleb Tarczewski, Arizona - If Horford doesn’t come back, there’s a huge need for center.

22 - Charlotte, SF, Kyle Wiltjer, Gonzaga - Charlotte is terrible at shooting and their playoff performance showed that. Wiltijer is silky smooth.

23 - Boston, PF, Alex Poythress, Kentucky - Interesting developmental pick. Keep stockpiling forwards, but could turn out to be the best player drafted.

24 - Philadelphia, SF, Danuel House, Texas A&M - Philadelphia needs wings and House is an explosive wing to can find his own mid-range shot.

25 - LA Clippers - SG/SF - Sheldon McCellan, Miami - The Clippers have a dire SF need. McCellan would be undersized at that position, but could provide help there.

26 - Philadelphia, PG/SG, Tyrone Wallace, California - At his 6’6 198 frame, he’s not really sure where to play in the NBA, but he will provide good guard depth for the Sixers.

27 - Toronto - SG, Ron Baker, Wichita St. - Could be interesting competition for Ross.

28 - Spurs - C, Prince Ibeh, Texas - Rim protector that will never be a starter, but will be part of a youth development at the forward/center position for San Antonio

29 - Golden State, C/PF, Shawn Long - Can protect the rim and play a mid-range game. Good long-term prospect with Bogut coming off the books after 2017.

30 - Cleveland, SG/SF, Isiash Cousins - Cleveland wants to run fast and Isaiah Cousins might be the 3 and D guy they are looking for. At least he can hit the 3.

Reaction Score
I have a real problem with McCellan going ahead of Baker. Might want to re-think that.

Just kidding. Good job, that must have taken a while to put together.

Reaction Score
What if the NBA draft only allowed NCAA seniors as entrants? Below is my “2016 NCAA Seniors Only Mock Draft”. Enjoy!

Enjoy means different things to different people.

Dude the weather is getting warmer, the ladies are looking good and there is pizza to conquer. We can all leave our caves for a few months.

Reaction Score
Nice list thanks for the effort

Here's my top 10 seniors
1 buddy hield
2 Denzel valentine
3 aj hammons
4 Brice Johnson
5 Michael Gbinjie
6 Bryn Forbes
7 perry Ellis
8 yogi Ferrell
9 shellan mcllelan