OT: 2015-16/Sleepers (Who do you like)...? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2015-16/Sleepers (Who do you like)...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gonzaga looks good. I like how their big men play together and Wiltjer could be player of the year. #iknownotsleeper

It will be Perkins or bust at PG though (unlike us for instance). He will be an upgrade on Pangos most likely on several fronts other than pure shooting. The problem I see with the Zags could be a true secondary ball handler. McClellan shot 18% from 3 at Vandy with 42 TO's and 38 assts. He was better last year in a very small sampling. Zags may still add a foreign player though for the back court.

I would put Miller on Wiltjer if we match up with them. On second thought Miller on Sabonis. Their front court is tough. lol

Reaction Score
Memphis, Dayton, URI, LSU, Cuse, and call me crazy but Tulsa.

Also, I'm still including us a sleeper. Many analysts have us in the 15-25 range and a few still believe we are a fringe top 25 team. While I understand these ranks because we have a lot of pieces but no evidence of them fitting together on the court. I think if the chemistry is right we can spend a majority of the season in the top 15.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised to see how many people like PC next year. Even though they return a stud in Dunn, their front court is abysmal, they had a terrible recruiting class and lost their do-it-all best player in Henton.

Reaction Score
Memphis, Dayton, URI, LSU, Cuse, and call me crazy but Tulsa.

Also, I'm still including us a sleeper. Many analysts have us in the 15-25 range and a few still believe we are a fringe top 25 team. While I understand these ranks because we have a lot of pieces but no evidence of them fitting together on the court. I think if the chemistry is right we can spend a majority of the season in the top 15.
I know when you have 7 players ALL SENIORS in your top 7 like Tulsa it does lend itself to a possible sleeper.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like URI but am really concerned about the 5 spot. They can still win the A-10. So I agree with you guys they are interesting.

Reaction Score
Cuse did win with Melo, but the zone is usually a non starter in the Dance. Witness the Cuse's poor showings the last 10 years usually with boatloads of talent.:(:(

If you look at their tournament exits, it's usually because their offense deserts them. Has nothing to do with the zone.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Indiana. Ferrell is back along with Blackmon, Troy Williams and Robert Johnson...plus they're adding Thomas Bryant so they'll actually have a good post player.
but they have crean right?

Reaction Score
Tulsa could definitely have a big year. Maybe the AAC as a whole? UConn, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, Memphis should all spend time in the top 25 at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom