OT: 20-1 Derby Winner | The Boneyard

OT: 20-1 Derby Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nobody is picking Chitu in the Kentucky Derby, probably because his sire is more known for producing sprinters. But I think a case can be made for this horse that was up to 25-1 the last time I looked. He's fast but doesn't need the lead. He finished strongly his last race despite running fast fractions. The horse is lightly raced and improving every time out for a trainer (Baffert) with multiple Derby wins. He has the 4rd best speed figure of all the horses in the race and has a very fast workout at Churchill. I think he can sit off the speed, make a move on the turn and hold off the closers. The other bomb I will put in the mix is Medal Count. He looks to have the best distance breeding inthe field and could suck up at price like Golden Soul did last year.

EDIT (3:00pm): The telecast just said that Chitu has been having foot problems and has been training with a bar shoe type device for the last week. Those horses never win the Derby. Too late for a chunk of my bets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wish I could comment, haven't followed the field lately, should be a good race, I'll have to brush up. I'll be ready for the Preakness

Reaction Score
That would require them to have s e x with a horse. I'd rather we never have to deal with that scenario.

We still let Nelson post on the yard so I thought beastiality jokes would fly here. I'll rephrase and say I would bet on a KO trained horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom