OT #1 Sport | The Boneyard

OT #1 Sport

Reaction Score
This is totally subjective, but what sport means the most to you?

Take the existence of UConn out of it.

Is it hockey? We all have memories of playing on the frozen ponds in our hometowns.

Is it baseball? Growing up in greater Hartford, the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry was the defining sports "thing" in life.

Maybe basketball is, in fact,#1 for a lot of us and UConn is the defining fact of our sports fandom?

Everyone here is obviously interested in sports, so I'm very interested in what y'all have to say.

Again, this is subjective, so define your interest/fandom however you wish.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
IMG_3576.JPG
1. UConn basketball
2. Philadelphia Eagles
I became an Eagles because of Randall Cunningham. Most of my favorite NFL players played for the Eagles. Ricky Waters individual career as an Eagle was a joy to watch.
* I watch about 4-6 games of girls middle school , girls highschool and women's college basketball per week.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
College basketball
College football
NFL

The past few years have been difficult, the older I get the fewer poops I give about sports. Baseball lost me during the strike and I find it unwatchable now on TV.

Reaction Score
Football- NFL , college and high school has always been number one with me. Basketball would be second for me. I find the NBA a lot more entertaining to watch these days than the college game. I will watch some hockey but not a whole lot. I don't care for baseball.

Reaction Score
All college sports. I hate the pros.

There is something cool about watching UConn teams wear the Huskies that makes me fascinated to watch. I don’t watch as much non-revenue but only because it’s not usually broadcasted.

Reaction Score
I loved baseball the most growing up though NFL football was a close second. I watched a lot of BE basketball during the 1980s but have mainly watched UConn from the 1970s on. Ironically I lost a lot of interest in baseball in the early 2000s even as a Red Sox fan. About the time they traded Nomar and brought in Curt Schilling (baseball is just the ultimate mercenary sport with the sox turning into the Yankees and pillaging small market teams, just a big turn-off for me).

Growing up (1970s - 1980s):
1. Baseball and Red Sox
2. Patriots
3A. Celtics
3B. UConn bball
5. Whalers
6. College football (Penn State)

Middle age (1990s-2005)
1. Patriots
2. UConn bball

Grizzled sports fan (2005-present)
1. Patriots
2. UConn bball
3. Soccer (not a fan of any team, can't seem to root for anyone, maybe Roma)
7B. Sabres/Celtics

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am left handed. As a kid, the family hand-me-down glove was useless to me. So I hated baseball.
Until my sophomore year in high school, I was about 5-6 and 125#. So I hated football.
I grew up in the 50s. No one that spoke English played soccer. So I hated soccer.
Never could ice skate worth a damn. So I hated hockey.
Between March of sophmore year and September of Junior year, I grew almost 8 inches. Still only weighed about 160 though.
So basketball it was.
Luckily, I fell in love with the game.
Still the only game I enjoy enough to watch with or without a rooting interest in one of the teams.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
2) Patriots
3) C's
4) UConn Alum teams, including Women's Olympic Basketball
5) Twins
6) USA
7) Italia

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
1. UConn basketball
2. Celtics
3. Arsenal
4. Patriots
5. Tennis- Huge Federer fan
6. Red Sox (Used to be higher but I don't have the attention span to watch guys walk around, spit tobacco and adjust their crotch for 4 hours every night)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To watch?
Football. I can watch teams not my own playing football, college or pro.
Lately high level soccer is probably next on that scale.
College basketball (UConn hoops ranks #1 in normal times).
Playoff NHL Hockey.
Red Sox Baseball.
Golf.

To play?
Golf
Softball/Whiffleball
Shooting Sports
Darts
Frisbee

Reaction Score
Organizations:
UConn
Yale
NESCAC schools (particularly Conn College and Wesleyan)
NE Patriots

Sports:
Hockey
Football
Baseball
Everything else

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
USMNT always goes to the top of my list when there is a big tournament. World Cup, Copa, Confed. Gold Cup is meh.
Unfortunately right now it's hard to get excited about USMNT. There isn't going to be relevant US soccer for a pretty significant amount of time.

Also, March Madness is towards the top of my list, even though it's really sad to think about when UConn isn't in it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
When UConn was in the Big East, they were my #1. Call it whatever you'd like, but I just can't get into it the same anymore in the AAC.

Huskies Basketball/Football, Yankees, Giants are who I follow.

Devils/Knicks if they're in the playoffs as a "casual fan" h/t @Chief00

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom