OT – Fab sMelo Waived | The Boneyard

OT – Fab sMelo Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting couple of weeks for some Syracuse players in the NBA...

The Memphis Grizzlies have waived Fab Melo two weeks after sending forward Donte Greene to the Boston Celtics to acquire the Brazilian center. In order to make that trade work, I believe the Celtics had to waive recently reacquired Kris Joseph (from NJ in the Pierce / Garnett trade). Word has it, the Celtic intend to waive Greene at some point too. That would be 3 ExCuse players being waived.

I was so annoyed when the Celtics wasted a pick on Fabreeze sMelo last year. This only proves he’s a big time bust when a rebuilding Celtics team, who are Center challenged, didn’t want him on their team and the Grizzles aren’t even giving him a chance to make the team.

Reaction Score
He was a first round pick right? I thought they had 3 years guaranteed?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He was a first round pick right? I thought they had 3 years guaranteed?

Yes they do. The hope (when waiving such a player) is that some team in need of a body will claim him and assume the remainder of the contract. If this does not happen, the team that waived him is responsible for the contract and it goes against their cap until it expires.

My guess on the swapping of players that each team expected to waive was the cap space each was willing to accept as dead for whatever length remained on the contracts.

Reaction Score
Imagine kids wanting to go play for that failure "zone" school?:rolleyes:

The only one that's any good is a kid that was there for a year only and didn't have long enough to latch on to the bad habits!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Delone Carter got waived in the NFL as well after a team traded for him. The NBA isn't the only place Syracuse can't produce pro-talent.

Reaction Score
Waiters and Melo stand out. Southerland in camp BUT not drafted!!:(

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
For some reason I have a bizarre level of interest in the D League and take in as many games as I can. I watched Fab Melo play in it last year and be completely dominated on several occasions. I don't think his chances for a long NBA career are very good.

Reaction Score
Big Melo is a scrub, but I try to be careful throwing stones from my glass estate known as the Hasheem Thabeet.

caw

Reaction Score
Big Melo is a scrub, but I try to be careful throwing stones from my glass estate known as the Hasheem Thabeet.

Thicker glass in the Thabeet mansion. Thabeet at least got a second contract and has played in over 200 games.

Thabeet is three years older at 26, but even just going by rookie years Thabeet was much better.

Remember Fab is the same guy exCuse fans said was and would be better than Drummond.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Another Cuse failure - why prospects go there thinking they are going to be attractive to pro ball is beyond me. Melo was/is a huge exception to the norm.

Reaction Score
Melo was terrible in college so this doesnt surprise me at all. The guys a stiff.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
In other news, the sky is blue and Kate Upton ain't sleeping with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom