OSU "Must" Win? | The Boneyard

OSU "Must" Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Can you imagine the yard if we drop the Ohio State game at home? Our team needs to come out and take care of business against the Buckeyes in a down year for them. It should be refreshing for our guys to come back home to Gampel.

This game should show us a lot about this bunch. Will they respond or will they continue to suffer the same issues that have plagued them ever since the Michigan game. Discovering our identity prior to AAC play will be crucial so I hope KO has had some time to assess his roster and figured out a plan of attack (new starting lineup ...new rotations?)

I'll be completing the 2 game double dip this week going from NYC to Storrs so i really hope this doesn't end in winless week. I know there is no such thing as a true must win at this juncture in the season but man would a loss here really set off our fan base

Reaction Score
The silver lining for us right now is that we don't have a "bad" loss. Obviously we would prefer no losses, but dropping to tOSU would be a bad loss this year.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
The silver lining for us right now is that we don't have a "bad" loss. Obviously we would prefer no losses, but dropping to tOSU would be a bad loss this year.
Agreed we have avoided the bad loss so far but AAC will present plenty of opportunity for those....

Reaction Score
Gotta go 2-1 against and beat the middling teams of the conference we wish to join

Not to mention, if we lose, that's 1-4 against P5 OOC, which would be absolutely terrible

Reaction Score
So let's see, we lose the game and turn in the uniforms? The players to a man never think any one of these is do or die, and maybe that's part of the problem.

Reaction Score
Feels like a must win for 2 reasons:

1. The psyche of this team.
2. Ohio State would be considered a bad loss at this point. They have lost to Memphis, La Tech, UT-Arlington and Virginia. They are young and this will be their first true road game of the season.

We have to hope that Ohio State turns into a Top 75 RPI team because I don't see them being a tourney team this year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Gotta go 2-1 against and beat the middling teams of the conference we wish to join

Not to mention, if we lose, that's 1-4 against P5 OOC, which would be absolutely terrible

Gonzaga isn't P5, but I get your point.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty much a must win just because a loss would be pretty demoralizing to everyone involved.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think it is a must-win game. We're the better team and the game is at Gampel. Need to put that Maryland game behind us. But please, for the love of all things Rolling Rock, can we play as if we're interested in the first half too? I am beyond tired of spotting opponents 20 point leads in the first 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Another couple reasons it's a must win are #1 the ledges will be crowded on CT buildings and #2 a loss would elevate the BY attendance with more rookie a**wipes.

Reaction Score
Absolutely a must win unless we go on some ridiculous conference season run. OSU is not as bad as their record portrays (currently #55 Kenpom) and as @BoatShow mentioned these 50-150 RPI wins are very important with the amount of bad conference teams we play.

Reaction Score
It's close to a must win and we need to go on some kind of a roll after. A loss today and I predict an 8 -9 loss season. Unless we win our tourney 8 losses with few good wins won't get us into the ncaa's

H

huskymagic

Yes this game is a must win or else its back to the NITs. There is no need to discuss this, if we can't even beat an Ohio State team that is in a down year with three bad losses on their resume, then this team is not good at all. You don't want to hope and pray to win the AAC title to guarantee a NCAA berth. Cinci, Memphis and Tulsa are not pushovers that will show UCONN a red carpet to the AAC title.

UNLEASH JALEN, UNLEASH BRIMAH, and we will be successful. Kevin Ollie should be telling Purvis to help out on defensive rebounds by gang rebounding. Too many guys worrying about an outlet pass without first securing the ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We weren't set off already?

You must be new here. This board hasn't come close to being set off this year.

I haven't seen one thread go in to the 200-300 post count of pure stupid. It's almost as if a combination of close but not good enough play combined with a maturing and mellowing of the board has neutered being "set off" by a single loss.

Reaction Score
Yes this game is a must win or else its back to the NITs. There is no need to discuss this, if we can't even beat an Ohio State team that is in a down year with three bad losses on their resume, then this team is not good at all. You don't want to hope and pray to win the AAC title to guarantee a NCAA berth. Cinci, Memphis and Tulsa are not pushovers that will show UCONN a red carpet to the AAC title.

UNLEASH JALEN, UNLEASH BRIMAH, and we will be successful. Kevin Ollie should be telling Purvis to help out on defensive rebounds by gang rebounding. Too many guys worrying about an outlet pass without first securing the ball.

UNLEASH Brimah? You're the magic man make it happen. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky