Ossining up on Monroe Woodbury at halftime. | The Boneyard

Ossining up on Monroe Woodbury at halftime.

Reaction Score
At the Half - Ossining 32, Monroe-Woodbury 14. Aubrey Griffin leads all scorers with 20 points. Harris has 9 points, all of which were scored in the first quarter. Monroe-Woodbury committed 17 turnovers in the half.

Reaction Score
Ossining next plays on Saturday, March 16th against the regional winner between Longwood from Section 11 (Suffolk County) vs. Baldwin (Section 8) [both teams from Long Island], at Hudson Valley Community College at 12:30 PM - PS - Ossining defeated Baldwin back in December, 76-56

Reaction Score
Ossining next plays on Saturday, March 16th against the regional winner between Longwood from Section 11 (Suffolk County) vs. Baldwin (Section 8) [both teams from Long Island], at Hudson Valley Community College at 12:30 PM - PS - Ossining defeated Baldwin back in December, 76-56

I hope to be there for that game if my daughter doesn't have a softball game scheduled.....................yes, high school softball in the snow..............I will shoot some AG action video but somebody will have to explain how to how to upload it to the site...........

Reaction Score
So how good IS Aubrey Griffin? She was injured, if I'm not mistaken, and she came into the season not having had much exposure recently. Am I correct?

So in the opinion of the sideline experts here, how should she be ranked? I recall a certain Gabby Williams, who also was injured and flew under the radar until she arrived at UConn, then blew away the world.

What am I missing here? What will she mean for UConn next year?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So how good IS Aubrey Griffin? She was injured, if I'm not mistaken, and she came into the season not having had much exposure recently. Am I correct?

So in the opinion of the sideline experts here, how should she be ranked? I recall a certain Gabby Williams, who also was injured and flew under the radar until she arrived at UConn, then blew away the world.

I plan to attend the state semifinals in Troy on Saturday. I’ll provide a full report to the BY.

Reaction Score

I can't say exactly how high each of the services would rank her if she had played without injury but I think top twenty and very possibly better then that if her outside shot was a bit more consistent................she is a terrific athlete.................... a quick jumper and gets up and down the court about as fast as any high school player I have ever seen.............Crystal better start practicing her baseball passes.................that said who knows how quickly she will make the transformation to the college game................as of now it appears she will be getting plenty of opportunities to play if she produces in practices...........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aubrey taking flight

1552312156922.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Gabby was injured multiple times but she was also ranked in the top-10 by three outlets and the top-20 by the others. McCormick in particular thought she'd be a superstar.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Aubrey's contributions next year will IMO depend on two things,
1. How quickly she learns Geno's system and gains his trust. He is on record saying he will not play anyone that is not ready, or will go on the floor an embarrass herself.
2. How much "leash" he gives her. Some (not all) freshmen are reluctant to shoot. They tend to defer to other players. If she's given "carte blanche" to take shots when she's open, like she has now (without fear of reprisal), she'll have a huge impact next year.

How many times was Walker and Dangerfield taken out of the game their freshmen year when they did something Geno didn't like? Hard for a player to build any rhythm or confidence under those circumstances. Walker is playing better THIS year because she knows the system, and she knows Geno is not going to pull her. THAT will be a point of discussion this summer, will Aubrey be forced to start like Christyn was? I really don't think Geno's done recruiting for next year. Aubrey will not be in a class of one.

Reaction Score
Aubrey's contributions next year will IMO depend on two things,
1. How quickly she learns Geno's system and gains his trust. He is on record saying he will not play anyone that is not ready, or will go on the floor an embarrass herself.
2. How much "leash" he gives her. Some (not all) freshmen are reluctant to shoot. They tend to defer to other players. If she's given "carte blanche" to take shots when she's open, like she has now (without fear of reprisal), she'll have a huge impact next year.

How many times was Walker and Dangerfield taken out of the game their freshmen year when they did something Geno didn't like? Hard for a player to build any rhythm or confidence under those circumstances. Walker is playing better THIS year because she knows the system, and she knows Geno is not going to pull her. THAT will be a point of discussion this summer, will Aubrey be forced to start like Christyn was? I really don't think Geno's done recruiting for next year. Aubrey will not be in a class of one.

I think the simple truth is that she's going to start and play as long as she can. We've got no bench after the starting five, and that includes Griffin. Just can't depend at all on anyone else....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom