Ossining State Championship Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ossining State Championship Game

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ummm... Could you help me understand this? How is it that one public school goes into a tournament for the state championship with three private schools? Never seen something like this before.

Very curious.
There are separate mostly Catholic School championships. I believe NYC has one, possibly LI and maybe Westchester. As I understand, these schools do not participate in the public school championship.

The public school championship is much bigger, covers the entire state and comprises 5 different class designations. A few years ago, somebody came up with the idea to have this Federation tournament between the various association champions in NY. It’s all played over one weekend, and it only involves the top 3 class designations in the state.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Friday semis for the Federation title

2:45 Long Island Lutheran vs. CTK...with Marshall.
4:30 Ossining against South Shore

Saturday final at 6:00. Hoping for Ossining versus CTK

Note: CTK crushed Ossining early in the year.....when Aubrey as out.

Reaction Score
Isn't Christ the King led by the top post player Natalija Marshall?

Natalija Marshall | Prospects Nation

Could this be a likely match-up of future UConn teammates? I can't go through the tens of thousands of postings on the recruiting entry here. Can someone give me a quick update?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Last I heard UConn and Marshall had mutual interest...hope that remains.
She sounds like an athletic 4....I think I read where she is top 10 or so in her class...2020.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Friday semis for the Federation title

2:45 Long Island Lutheran vs. CTK...with Marshall.
4:30 Ossining against South Shore

Saturday final at 6:00. Hoping for Ossining versus CTK

Note: CTK crushed Ossining early in the year.....when Aubrey as out.
Not only was Griffin out for that first meeting with CTK, but Ossining was also without their senior pg, Jaida Strippoli, who is also D1 bound to Army. Strippoli is a "Molly Bent" type player, constantly in motion, She plays D, can handle the ball, pass it, shoot it, etc.

It will be a much different game with both Griffin and Strippoli on the floor for Ossining.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Note Ossining plays at 4:30 on Friday in the semis....time enough to get back where you are staying and see UConn around 7 against Towsan...though maybe not in entirety with whip-around coverage in NYS.

Win and they play at 6:30 on Saturday I think.

The Federation games used to be in Glens Falls....then they went to Albany for a few years...am delighted
they are back in Glens Falls.

Small town atmosphere is great. The games get GREAT coverage in the local paper....I think every blessed writer on staff covers some aspect of the event...whether they are sports writers or write the obits or whatever.

The arena is wonderful....no bad seats...maybe holds 6 thousand...can get very loud if the teams bring big fan bases.

Note: The Queensbury Hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the arena. Lots of the teams stay there. The lobby is full of players and coaches and the coaches seem perfectly happy to chat with ordinary fans about their teams.

The town takes the event seriously...a wonderful atmosphere.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Note Ossining plays at 4:30 on Friday in the semis....time enough to get back where you are staying and see UConn around 7 against Towsan...though maybe not in entirety with whip-around coverage in NYS.

Win and they play at 6:30 on Saturday I think.

The Federation games used to be in Glens Falls....then they went to Albany for a few years...am delighted
they are back in Glens Falls.

Small town atmosphere is great. The games get GREAT coverage in the local paper....I think every blessed writer on staff covers some aspect of the event...whether they are sports writers or write the obits or whatever.

The arena is wonderful....no bad seats...maybe holds 6 thousand...can get very loud if the teams bring big fan bases.

Note: The Queensbury Hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the arena. Lots of the teams stay there. The lobby is full of players and coaches and the coaches seem perfectly happy to chat with ordinary fans about their teams.

The town takes the event seriously...a wonderful atmosphere.
Unfortunately, next year the tournament moves back to the city at Fordham, where it’s likely to remain. The reason for the move is that most of the teams are from NYC, Westchester & Long Island.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, next year the tournament moves back to the city at Fordham, where it’s likely to remain. The reason for the move is that most of the teams are from NYC, Westchester & Long Island.

or Fortunately for NYC denizens.

Reaction Score
The federation tournament began in late seventies when I was in high school.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not for me. The Glens Falls Civic Center is a 15 minute drive.
Too bad most of the teams aren't from Glen Falls then.

Reaction Score
Isn't Christ the King led by the top post player Natalija Marshall?

Natalija Marshall | Prospects Nation

Could this be a likely match-up of future UConn teammates? I can't go through the tens of thousands of postings on the recruiting entry here. Can someone give me a quick update?

somewhat unlikely........................seems to be a recruiting battle between Notre Dame and Stanford with UConn trailing.................

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Too bad most of the teams aren't from Glen Falls then.
Not a problem. Looking forward to a rematch between Ossining & CTK. If it happens it’ll be on Saturday. Something to do between UConn’s 1st & 2nd round games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw CTK in the December tourney at Paul VI in Virginia. They lost twice, and Marshall couldn’t stay out of foul trouble. It was hard to gauge, but Aubrey looked like the better player, despite the rankings. The only player better than Aubrey was the incomparable Azzi Fudd. I was not sold on Marshall.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I saw CTK in the December tourney at Paul VI in Virginia. They lost twice, and Marshall couldn’t stay out of foul trouble. It was hard to gauge, but Aubrey looked like the better player, despite the rankings. The only player better than Aubrey was the incomparable Azzi Fudd. I was not sold on Marshall.
CTK & Marshall hammered Ossining early in the season by 40+. Ossining was without Griffin and D1 bound pg Jaida Strippoli. They will both be back for the rematch. Should be fun to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Attachments

• BFE60748-3A2E-4CEF-B57C-A3A817DA4BF3.jpeg
    BFE60748-3A2E-4CEF-B57C-A3A817DA4BF3.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The other night at dinner I ordered a “Stella Artose.” My wife was mildly amused, but the young waitress gave me a look that indicated 1) she didn’t get it and 2) old guys are weird.

So much for trying to be funny...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn will miss out on much if Marshall commits to some other school. I was not impressed with her play, as if that means something.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The other night at dinner I ordered a “Stella Artose.” My wife was mildly amused, but the young waitress gave me a look that indicated 1) she didn’t get it and 2) old guys are weird.

So much for trying to be funny...
No need to worry. 4 out of 10 millennials believe the earth is flat anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom