Osahor vs. Anigwe, tonight at 9pm ET | The Boneyard

Osahor vs. Anigwe, tonight at 9pm ET

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to watching this battle between two potential All-Americans in the paint. Cal at Washington, at 9 pm ET (6 pm Pacific), on the Pac-12 Network.

Huskies ready to host tough Bay Area schools

Elsewhere in the Pac-12, Arizona State travels to UCLA. That game starts at 8pm Pacific — a bit late for the East Coasters.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In early action I'm still waiting for Anigwe to 1) Pass to a teammate for a shot or 2) Beat Osahor down court. Cal playing a 2/3 hoping Washington misses their 3's. It's not working.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Cal shoots horribly as a team and Anigwe is all post up. She jumps well and positions herself well. She runs only fair and shoots for nothing. Washington laying on the 3 wood.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Cal shoots horribly as a team and Anigwe is all post up. She jumps well and positions herself well. She runs only fair and shoots for nothing. Washington laying on the 3 wood.
Her shooting percentage i s over 60.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Huskies unconscious from 3!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Anigwe does not have many assists. As soon as she gets it I would double her. The ball goes inside and rarely back out.

This a fun game to watch.

JordyG

Reaction Score
The 2/3 is not the way to beat Washington. Pace. Man 2 man, run the lanes all night, force their bigs to run and make decisions in the half court. Make Plum bring up the ball under full court pressure or at least from the half court, and run her hard on defense. Make Osahor run all night in the half court and whoever she covers run the lanes like crazy. Take Osahor up on the high post and force her to pass with a hand in her face or put the ball on the floor. Collier is slow and has little from beyond 12'. Romeo is a good shooter, so force her to put the ball on the floor and drive, not lay off her like Cal is doing. Washington is a good team, and they're a great team if you let them play without pace.

Reaction Score
Washington is hot as a pistol from 3. To make it worse, I saw the Cal defender not even bother running all the way out to cover Romeo when she caught the ball at the 3 point line. Romeo, of all people - the one who has already scored 7 three pointers in less than 1 and a half quarters. Magnificent dereliction of duty on defense.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Every time down court Cal crowds the lane and is slow on the close out. Every time. Nothing but wide open 3's.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Her shooting percentage i s over 60.
That's because most or all of her makes are in the paint. Force her outside and watch that 64 percent free throw percentage come into play. As she continues to show this game.

Reaction Score
Outside of UConn, this year's Washington team is one of the ones that interests me the most. They're good in unusual ways, because they have two players that create such matchup challenges.

Plum because of her offensive ability from the outside and on the drive (supplemented by decent passing). Osahor because of her near-perfect rebounding instincts, excellent passing, and outside shooting ability. The rest of the team is decent enough to hold down the fort. It just makes for an unusual puzzle to solve.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That's because most or all of her makes are in the paint. Force her outside and watch that 64 percent free throw percentage come into play. As she continues to show this game.
Yes, but you said she shoots for nothing. She is by no means a complete player. Her very few assists tells me it is all about coaching. She is probably doing what her coaches are telling to do. With the talent she has I believe she would be an elite player at Uconn because she would have a more expanded game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yes, but you said she shoots for nothing. She is by no means a complete player. Her very few assists tells me it is all about coaching. She is probably doing what her coaches are telling to do. With the talent she has I believe she would be an elite player at Uconn because she would have a more expanded game.
And this game shows she shoots for nothing. Her shooting form is abysmal. That's not coaching, that's gym time and repetition. Again, 64 % from the charity stripe. As Debbie Antonelli says, anyone can play Hi/Lo offense, but offensive versatility takes commitment.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UW is playing really well. Leading Cal in the 3rd 70-38!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
And this game shows she shoots for nothing. Her shooting form is abysmal. That's not coaching, that's gym time and repetition. Again, 64 % from the charity stripe. As Debbie Antonelli says, anyone can play Hi/Lo offense, but offensive versatility takes commitment.
Cal played same way a couple of years ago when they had Brittany Boyd as a pg and Reshanda Gray as a PF. Gray had similar assist #'s to Anigwe(low #) but a giant shooting percent from the paint. Anigwe does have a jump shot.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Nice to see Jaz Lister on the UW bench.
Also nice to see the little kid behind the UW bench in the NY Football Giant sweatshirt. Cant start'em young enough.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Cal played same way a couple of years ago when they had Brittany Boyd as a pg and Reshanda Gray as a PF. Gray had similar assist #'s to Anigwe(low #) but a giant shooting percent from the paint. Anigwe does have a jump shot.
All players have a jump shot, she just doesn't have a good one. This year or last. At least you're not using shooting percentage again as a barometer of a good shooter. That was embarrassing. I mean, DeAndre Jordan has a .672 shooting percentage this year. Think he's a good shooter?

Reaction Score
There is this myth in the Bay Area that Lindsay Gottlieb is a good coach. I am sure all BYers watching this game would come to an opposite conclusion. Lindsay schedules a cupcake ooc and then when Cal has to play a decent team one gets this travesty. All that being said Washington is a fun team to watch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sick-and-tired-bear.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There is this myth in the Bay Area that Lindsay Gottlieb is a good coach. I am sure all BYers watching this game would come to an opposite conclusion. Lindsay schedules a cupcake ooc and then when Cal has to play a decent team one gets this travesty. All that being said Washington is a fun team to watch.

Cal's first challenging game was against was against Oklahoma, which I would consider a decent team and which Cal pretty much dominated for most of the game. Washington is more than decent. The UW Huskies similarly embarrassed Oregon State in Seattle until OSU made a fourth-quarter rally.

Edited to add: I'm not saying Cal is as good as OSU (they're not), or that Gottlieb is a great coach (I really have no opinion on her).

Reaction Score
All players have a jump shot, she just doesn't have a good one. This year or last. At least you're not using shooting percentage again as a barometer of a good shooter. That was embarrassing. I mean, DeAndre Jordan has a .672 shooting percentage this year. Think he's a good shooter?
Not Larry Costello. :) Still relied on the 2-handed set.

larry_costello_w.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom