Oriakhi/coombs tweets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi/coombs tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw and almost responded back to him telling him he can't play at this level, but didn't.

Loyalty is earned everyday, that is why Coombs transferred to a low Div 1 program.

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel has a terrible attitude. That is why he doesn't play here anymore, that is why he didn't succeed here, and it's why down the road he's probably going to find himself in trouble. Grow up coombs, before its too late

Reaction Score
AO has been terrible... But let's wait until he has an actual big to play against... He and AD have spent the first 5 games chasing 6 foot 5 guys around the perimeter on defense, and not having typical post guys to body up with on offense while receiving mostly bad entry passes at improper times.

AO had his struggles last year against this sort of competition... And the when some legit frontcourts came along, he picked his game up...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
zXXGd.png
Journalist's jobs have become incredibly easy, want a quote, just surf the net.

Reaction Score
Journalist's jobs have become incredibly easy, want a quote, just surf the net.
What do you expect from Seth? He never had to prove anything to get where he is in life. His dad is Lanny Davis one of the more powerful lobbyists in the world and former special counsel to Clinton. SD is an average college basketball commentator and journalist. There are much much worse like Dom Amore. Hartford Courant beat writer Dom Amore (UConn basketball) epitomizes journalistic incompetence.

Of course JMHO. haha

Reaction Score
Well what he said was right and I hope AO sees everyone knocking him. Maybe it will knock some sense into him and he could actually hold on to the ball and play to his potential.

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel wouldn't get off the bench with Daniels on this team, wouldn't see the light of day. He should worry about getting his work done and seeing if he can play in whatever lowly conference he'll be in next year..............as for Alex - loyalty? Where's yours? A promise of a huge junior year, mor of what we saw in Maui and the tourney run and you come out like wet fart? No denying your minutes for now as there are many playing better - the numbers speak loudly against crappy teams. I like Alex but if he's going to proclaim to the world on twitter he's pissed well then I am
too as a fan. I expect more heart from him and expect him to take this message to the
level he needs to. Earn it back and play with fire not 3 pts and 2 rebounds against yet
another group of 6'5" guys.

Not to rain on your parade, but Alex never said, "where's the loyalty?", Jamal Coombs-McDaniel said that.

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was clearly high as balls when he made that comment.

Reaction Score
Old article (below) but a reminder UConn has gone from KW to AO and SN as captains. That is a drop off of monumental proportions as evidenced by this subject heading post. You need good chemistry to win a championship. Lets see how the Boatright addition plays out. Without Boatright being a key contributor this team could easily be gone before the sweet 16. I am glad he is cleared and playing tomorrow.

"No, UConn won because along with carving his own spot in basketball history, Walker empowered his team to carve their own identities. Ten players got into the boxscore for Connecticut and in a game where points and progress were charted on the Mendoza line all 10 were needed." http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2011/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=6294312

Instead AO the team captain is tweeting Jamal Coombs-McDaniel relating to his own status on the team. hahahaha

Reaction Score
You guys gotta understand Coombs has been real close with AO for years, this isn't him trying to stir up trouble hes mad that one of his close friends isn't receiving the playing time he did last year. If that was one of my friends id be pissed to, seems everyone seems to forget Coombs made the key rebound that sparked our run last year. AO has been terrible this year no matter which way you put it i feel he works more on his jump shot than his post moves which haven't improved at all. Still this is more about AO than it is Coombs.

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel - The first incident with this guy was something or other - bitching at JC about coming out of the game. Then there was the tweeting about wishing he hadn't come to UConn.

I, for one, was very happy to hear he was leaving. In the end, we probably don't have Drummond without him leaving - maybe not DD either. So it worked out great.

Jamal Coombs-McDaniel is a head case and will always be a head case. He's got the Randy Moss mentality without the Randy Moss skill level, and it shows every time he opens his mouth.

"Where's the loyalty?" That question, in three words, summarizes Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's thought process - it suggests that starting is a question of seniority, not skill and effort.

Enjoy Hofstra - look for a union or govt. job when you graduate so that you won't feel snubbed when a harder working person with more skill who follows directions better and is committed to the success of the business gets a promotion in front of you.

Didn't like him before he left. Didn't like him when he left. Don't like him even more now.

My sister is a teacher, member of a union and works 10 to 12 hours a day. Don't generalize

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I trust JC to know a hell of a lot more about basketball game management as well as motivational strategies than Coombs and Alex. AO should as well, the guy just coached you to a national title.

Man up Alex, in more ways than one

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys gotta understand Coombs has been real close with AO for years, this isn't him trying to stir up trouble hes mad that one of his close friends isn't receiving the playing time he did last year. If that was one of my friends id be pissed to, seems everyone seems to forget Coombs made the key rebound that sparked our run last year. AO has been terrible this year no matter which way you put it i feel he works more on his jump shot than his post moves which haven't improved at all. Still this is more about AO than it is Coombs.
Eddie Haskell was Wally Cleaver's best friend as well. (I expect about 1/2 the board has no idea what I'm talking about.)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kind of funny that a group of posters who enjoy the freedom of communication and say anything and everything spend a lot of time over a communication.:)

Outside of an obsession for news about the team, and our insistence that people in positions of the public eye have a different standard than the public, this is a non issue.

JC will approach AO in the same manner as always. First it will be about practice play. Then it will be about match ups. And lastly it will be about game play. Tweets will be ignored.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Eddie Haskell was Wally Cleaver's best friend as well. (I expect about 1/2 the board has no idea what I'm talking about.)
Good analogy. I'm in the half that knows the reference.:(

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Im gonna take Alex's side on this. He dominated in the tourney last year and is a Captain. He deserves more playing time, he gets taken out way to quickly after making a mistake.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We need to play AO and AD together more often...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm glad AO is pissed off about the playing time. I'd imagine that's why JC is giving him so little.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Im gonna take Alex's side on this. He dominated in the tourney last year and is a Captain. He deserves more playing time, he gets taken out way to quickly after making a mistake.

So you think he should publicly call JC's decision "sum [sic] bs"???

Even if you think he should be starting, I can't imagine you want a team captain calling coaching decisions "BS."

AO: Play harder and this won't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom