Oregon's Starting Five Looks Better than Ever. | The Boneyard

Oregon's Starting Five Looks Better than Ever.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m going to withhold judgment on OR until after they play MS St. I also want to see how they do on the road against some of the tougher matchups in the Pac12. The Ducks have played 1 ranked team, Syracuse (15), who they beat by 2 in Eugene, and a bunch of cupcakes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You have just earned the BY’s award for exceptional brevity, given annually to the poster who can quickly and concisely convey their message using the fewest keystrokes possible. ;)

Ah yes, the prestigious BY exceptional brevity award. An award my friend I’m afraid you and I will NEVER qualify for. :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They play MSU today at 3PM on ESPN2. Massey has OU winning by 8.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would agree that Oregon Ducks have the best starting 5 in the Pac-12, I would also agree that they have only the 3rd or 4th best coach in the Pac-12 and their road is not easy. I see OSU in particular, giving them a rough time and especially in Corvallis. I laud @Wbbfan1 for his support for his team and we will get a good look today against another team and fan base that thinks their team is a top 4 team.

My prediction is Oregon over MSU by 5 in a good game with the home court advantage being the edge the Ducks need, that and Sabrina working her triple double skills for a National audience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oregon has to pass Miss. State, CAL, ASU, Stamford and Oregon State. They have a tough schedules.
If they beat Syracuse only by 2, I don't think they can beat all those ranked teams. Hope I am wrong.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the Oregon Ducks. I'm a UConn fan, but follow many teams.

I chose the Oregon Ducks as a possible #1 Seed because I think they'll easily win the PAC 12 and may enter the tournament with one or two losses. If they beat Miss ST at home, that will give them a heads up over Miss St. I think the other teams that could earn the 3rd or 4th #1 seed will have more then two losses. I think UConn, Baylor and Miss St are the only teams that could end up undefeated or with one loss by tournament time. I like Baylor as the team to most likely to enter the tournament undefeated, followed by Miss St. UConn plays Baylor at Waco and I think Baylor's front court is too much for UConn to overcome. We'll find out when they play and I"m hoping for an unexpected UConn win, like Notre Dame.

Below is from Orignal Post

I laud @Wbbfan1 for his support for his team and we will get a good look today against another team and fan base that thinks their team is a top 4 team.

My prediction is Oregon over MSU by 5 in a good game with the home court advantage being the edge the Ducks need, that and Sabrina working her triple double skills for a National audience.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
I've been a big Oregon advocate because of their talent and experience, but I agree that we will have a better view of them after the MSST game. Can't wait to see that matchup, and of course I will be watching today's game vs MST with you guys. Go Huskies!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the Oregon Ducks. I'm a UConn fan, but follow many teams.

I chose the Oregon Ducks as a possible #1 Seed because I think they'll easily win the PAC 12 and may enter the tournament with one or two losses. If they beat Miss ST at home, that will give them a heads up over Miss St. I think the other teams that could earn the 3rd or 4th #1 seed will have more then two losses. I think UConn, Baylor and Miss St are the only teams that could end up undefeated or with one loss by tournament time. I like Baylor as the team to most likely to enter the tournament undefeated, followed by Miss St. UConn plays Baylor at Waco and I think Baylor's front court is too much for UConn to overcome. We'll find out when they play and I"m hoping for an unexpected UConn win, like Notre Dame.

Below is from Orignal Post

I laud @Wbbfan1 for his support for his team and we will get a good look today against another team and fan base that thinks their team is a top 4 team.

My prediction is Oregon over MSU by 5 in a good game with the home court advantage being the edge the Ducks need, that and Sabrina working her triple double skills for a National audience.
[/QUOTE]
There is one more team that could well end up undefeated, MD. The turtles beat a SC team that’s down this year, and they have no other tough OOC games. What else is new?

Add to that that the BIG is an exceptionally weak conference, and I could envision a scenario where MD is undefeated and a #2 seed, possibly ending up in Albany, opposite UConn, with Husky fans having already purchased most of the tickets.

Brenda will complain bitterly again and I will almost have sympathy for her. It’s not her fault that the BIG is such a weak conference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Brenda will complain bitterly again and I will almost have sympathy for her. It’s not her fault that the BIG is such a weak conference.

No sympathy from me. Lots of teams play in weak conferences. UConn, for example. And that's why UConn schedules up in the OOC. Brenda has *chosen* not to schedule up.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You're correct, Maryland may end up with one or two losses or possibly undefeated. I suspect Iowa and Michigan St may give them a couple of good games.

There is one more team that could well end up undefeated, MD. The turtles beat a SC team that’s down this year, and they have no other tough OOC games. What else is new?

Add to that that the BIG is an exceptionally weak conference, and I could envision a scenario where MD is undefeated and a #2 seed, possibly ending up in Albany, opposite UConn, with Husky fans having already purchased most of the tickets.

Brenda will complain bitterly again and I will almost have sympathy for her. It’s not her fault that the BIG is such a weak conference.[/QUOTE]

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregon may have the best starting the their history. But on the national stage, the jury is still out. Let's see how they do against MSST.

Barring injury, I think Oregon is a top-8 team and so potentially a 2nd seed in the tournament. To me, that counts as having a presence on the national stage.

Whether they are a top-4 team is another question entirely. At this point, I believe that both UCONN and Notre Dame are clearly better teams than Oregon, with the Huskies, whom I think will win it all, much more so than the Irish. I suspect Mississippi State may be stronger as well, and that should be proven (or not) down the road a bit. I don't know about Baylor, but am fairly certain that Oregon is better than Louisville this year.

The schedule through the Mississippi State game has not been great (although I don't think Buffalo, Michigan State, and South Dakota State are really cupcakes), but the Ducks have at least played a bunch of games on the road (5 of 9 by the time they play Mississippi State, with a 6th at a neutral site). The Syracuse game was in essence their first "real" game of the season and Boley (who, after all, hadn't played a competitive game in more than a year) shot something like 3 for 10,000, even though she did make the 3 (following 2 by Ionescu) that put Oregon ahead during the final 2 minutes of the game. As for the Pac 12, if Oregon loses only two games again, I think most Duck fans will be very happy.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No sympathy from me. Lots of teams play in weak conferences. UConn, for example. And that's why UConn schedules up in the OOC. Brenda has *chosen* not to schedule up.
Please note I said “almost” have sympathy. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You have just earned the BY’s award for exceptional brevity, given annually to the poster who can quickly and concisely convey their message using the fewest keystrokes possible. ;)
?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Brenda will complain bitterly again and I will almost have sympathy for her. It’s not her fault that the BIG is such a weak conference.[/QUOTE]
It's also one of the major reasons why Frozen's teams have had so little success at The Get Down. Her teams are hardly tested during the year, hardly face real adversity against a tough team on the road, and she isn't faced with making really tough on court decisions or halftime adjustments. A weak conference plus a weak OOC schedule just doesn't serve her teams in any way.

Reaction Score
I like Baylor as the team to most likely to enter the tournament undefeated, followed by Miss St. UConn plays Baylor at Waco and I think Baylor's front court is too much for UConn to overcome. We'll find out when they play and I"m hoping for an unexpected UConn win, like Notre Dame.
[/QUOTE]

UConn will go into Baylor as the #1 team in the country, having beaten the defending champs and #1 team in the country by 18 on their court. I don't know that I would describe a UConn win over Baylor as "unexpected."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom