Oregon vs Notre Dame - 3/26/18 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Oregon vs Notre Dame - 3/26/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I nevernevernever complain about refs. Play through or go home.
Easy to say when you aren't the one being hacked. How do you think so many players have "bad games" against ND?

Reaction Score
Well at least we get a UCONN/ND matchup, a game in which the Irish thought the should have won.
Now beating USC and facing ND next, UConn will need to beat all their main arch nemisis to a title including MSST.

Reaction Score
Well at least we get a UCONN/ND matchup, a game in which the Irish thought the should have won.
Guarantee you they will not collapse in the 4th quarter this time. Gonna be a tough game. Don't think it will be an 80-70 type game, maybe a bit tighter and lower scoring.

Reaction Score
You realize if ND wins, we have to listen to Muffets “woe is us with all the injuries”saga right?

MM has NEVER made excuses this year for the injuries. She's repeatedly said that adversity happens in basketball - as in life - and you have to deal with it.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Z was the difference in that game and could be again. Crystal had difficulties from beyond the arc, and Gabby had a good game but not her usual incredible game against them.
I'm concerned Shepherd is going to be very aggressive with Z.

Reaction Score
You realize if ND wins, we have to listen to Muffets “woe is us with all the injuries”saga right?
Why shouldn't she pull that? I think she might bring it up, but her team wants to win an NC. They realize the task in front of them. This has to feel good to Muffet.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
ND played with heart, head and muscle. Oregon learned a tough lesson.

There has been some “chippyness” tonight that UConn will not tolerate, especially Kia.

Reaction Score
Little Miss Muffet
Sat on her tuffet
Eating her curds and whey

Along came a Duck
Who told her, "Good luck."
But Muffet said "This won't be your game."

This year's ND has been tough as nails, as UConn learned when they met earlier this year. The injuries may have made them mentally tougher, even if it left them vulnerable to some teams.

Reaction Score
The difference in the game. Muffet made the halftime adjustments, and Oregon had no response. Hebard and Ioenscu were lights out in the first half.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Agree this is a key matchup. I can't see any way Shepard is going to be able to keep up w/ Hebard. She's quick and high energy. Shepard has been effective for ND but I think Hebard will run her off the court.

Well Shepard definitely hung with Hebard tonight. Mabrey also played very well against Sabrina.

Reaction Score
Friday night would be a good time for Mabrey2 to go super ice cold. Hopefully our shooters are just starting to heat up finally.

Reaction Score
9 PM Friday night - got our work cut out for us.
Yes, for the second year in a row, the Huskies have to play the late game. That really irks me. As the overall number one seed, they should have the earlier, more favorable time slot. At least there's no time change, so that unlike last year, it won't be a 10 pm Eastern start time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lucky UConn...get to play a young USC team with ZERO three point shooters in the elite 8 and a Notre Dame team with like 4 players out with torn ACL's in the national semi's....cake walk to the championship game. MSU on the other hand has to play UCLA with their 5 McDonald's all americans on their roster in the elite 8 and Louisville in the national semi's. Oh well, will make it that much sweeter when we win it all for our first time this season.

Reaction Score
Yes, for the second year in a row we get the late game. That really irks me. As the overall number one seed, we should have the earlier, more favorable time slot. At least there's no time change, so that unlike last year it won't be a 10 pm Eastern start time.
Yeah I really don't like the late night game either, especially on a holiday, but what else can they do? They have two games and like tonight they will be played back to back.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yeah I really don't like the late night game either, especially on a holiday, but what else can they do? They have two games and like tonight they will be played back to back.

Doesn’t UCONN historically play better in the late game?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Easy to say when you aren't the one being hacked. How do you think so many players have "bad games" against ND?
I've been a BB fan since the first time I saw the game on TV in the fifties. When every Knick game was on TV. I don't complain about calls. You're going to get favorable calls in your building, they'll get some in theirs. Players are aware of this. Your team should be good enough so that it never comes down to calls. The best teams win anyway, no matter the adversity. Let your coach fight for territory, players should just play.

Reaction Score
It really was ugly in the second half. Both teams. And refs.

Reaction Score
I'm concerned Shepherd is going to be very aggressive with Z.
Gabby will be on her and she will not be able to keep up. Yes Shepard will be a load to handle, but if she gets a couple of fouls hacking at Gabby or Pheesa, who are both more athletic and quicker, blowing past her going to the rim, she will be neutralized. You're going to have to put Kia on Ogunbowale and KLS on Mabrey2. ND has very little margin for foul trouble given their lack of depth. We at least can bring in 6-6 Z and if really necessary Megan.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t UCONN historically play better in the late game?
We certainly didn't in last year's semi-final. That game started after 10 pm Eastern, and I've since believed that body-clock issues caused by the lateness of that game were a key factor in some of our players being so "off".

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gabby will be on her and she will not be able to keep up. Yes Shepard will be a load to handle, but if she gets a couple of fouls hacking at Gabby or Pheesa, who are both more athletic and quicker, blowing past her going to the rim, she will be neutralized. You're going to have to put Kia on Ogunbowale and KLS on Mabrey2. ND has very little margin for foul trouble given their lack of depth. We at least can bring in 6-6 Z and if really necessary Megan.
Lou was hobbled all game, and Gabby had a migraine day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom