Oregon vs Notre Dame - 3/26/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oregon vs Notre Dame - 3/26/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Does not help USF

USF did have a reasonable number of shooters. What they didn't have was enough players ready to go to war, physically. Ball-gobbling, rebounding athletic or solid types. UConn feasts on teams that like jump shots but aren't able to get down and dirty.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow. Shepard is a human battering ram. How is that not an offensive foul?

Reaction Score
If Oregon wins, I suspect we will not blow them out like we did last year. That said, defense still really isn't a strength of theirs. We'll get our chances to score.

Reaction Score
At this point I would rather play Oregon than ND. Sabally plays defense like a freshman

Reaction Score
If Oregon wins, I suspect we will not blow them out like we did last year. That said, defense still really isn't a strength of theirs. We'll get our chances to score.
+1 UConn has just too much talent underneath.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Westbeld and Shepard carrying ND. Ogunbowale scoreless in Q2 after a good start. Mabrey has 5 but hasn't had a big impact. Young is M.I.A.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a game of runs...minimal defense but splendid offense.

Oregon’s zone would be a poster child for teams who play minimal defense. If you watch the elbow area it’s wide open on a constant basis. Offensively they would be a handful to defend off the bounce. They better keep scoring though because they are going to give up a lot of good shots.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It is and she does it every game. Not sure how she gets away with it
And this from a fan who sees this regularly, so they know!:rolleyes:

Just kidding spur, no not really, no I am, no I’m not...:D

Reaction Score
862F0B73-7589-4B32-AAE9-2A33856ECA57.jpeg

Reaction Score
not yet, but as I wrote on another thread: she will be the best player in the world within a couple of years. And if Geno had coached her, she'd have a chance to be the best guard of all time (I'm completely serious: she's potentially as good as D).
Do you mean she will be the best after some of the current best players retire? She's very, very good, but I can't imagine her being as great as Delle Donne or Stewart or Maya or Tina or Jonquel Jones or Griner or Nneka or Candace Parker, all of whom seem to be still playing at their peak. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems unlikely that she will be the best while they are still around. I guess only time will tell, but I will be surprised if she ever rises to that level.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It is and she does it every game. Not sure how she gets away with it

Was going to say the same thing but from a different perspective.

You are right that she never gets called on that type of move. She knows what refs will allow and uses her frame to her advantage accordingly.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if Z would have trouble defending and scoring against Shepherd, who reminds me a little of that Minnesota player of some years ago who was on the Lynx for a while.

Reaction Score
Man I love that Sabally kid! maybe Dawn needs to get an international player or two.
Well Dawn has already missed out on Sabally’s little sister - she’ll be freshman at Oregon next year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
That 3-point play by Shepard was huge. ND still in striking range and McGraw usually has some good halftime adjustments.

Slightly uphill battle spotting Oregon 6 but still all to play for.

Reaction Score
Anybody that wants to play Oregon instead of ND is crazy! Oregon is a much better team and creates some tough match up problems for UConn.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Do you mean she will be the best after some of the current best players retire? She's very, very good, but I can't imagine her being as great as Delle Donne or Stewart or Maya or Tina or Jonquel Jones or Griner or Nneka or Candace Parker, all of whom seem to be still playing at their peak. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems unlikely that she will be the best while they are still around. I guess only time will tell, but I will be surprised if she ever rises to that level.

Those are all frontcourt players so it's a complete apples to oranges comparison.

But never get to that level? Every single one of those players improved after they entered the WNBA. You don't think Ionescu will continue to improve? She's only a sophomore in college and she's already fantastic. Made a big jump from Fr. to Soph year. 2 more years of college, a few years in the W...I can't even imagine what she'll be in 5 years. Not to mention by then some of the players you listed will be on the back half of their career and maybe starting to decline.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
As good as Ionescu has been scoring today, I think Oregon is better when she's piling up the assists. Working the 2 man game w/ Hebard or hitting Bando or others for open 3s.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bando needs to start knocking down 3s

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Shepard just missed 3 shots from point blank range on 1 possession

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if Z would have trouble defending and scoring against Shepherd, who reminds me a little of that Minnesota player of some years ago who was on the Lynx for a while.
Janel mcCarvelle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom