Oregon State | The Boneyard

Oregon State

Reaction Score
They were lucky to squeak past Boise St (the officials helped bail them out at the end) and they don't look much better tonight. I think either UCLA or Maryland would have easily beat them. Louisville should have no trouble with either Gonzaga or Oregan State.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't know what happened to OSU. They are a shell of their former selves. Something has been off with them the last 3 weeks or so. Wrong time of the year for a big slump. Agreed, Louisville is gonna beat the winner of this game easily.

Reaction Score
It probably won't happen, but how crazy would it be to have west coast teams UCLA vs. Oregon State in the ALBANY region final?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It probably won't happen, but how crazy would it be to have west coast teams UCLA vs. Oregon State in the ALBANY region final?
Talking about making every UConn fan who ever poo-pooed the Pac-12 eat their words in the most painful way ... unthinkable.

And I hate to say it, but I feel like Oregon State over Louisville would be a HUGE upset. UCLA over UConn, based on how the teams have played lately, would be less huge.

Reaction Score
This thread most certainly belongs on the sub-forum. I think they came back to life after halftime vs. Gonzaga. Can they build off it? Thats to be determined, but they looked a whole lot better when Slocum came back to life. They are getting very little contributions from Katie McWilliams, which is why the loss of Kat Tudor was a bigger deal than expected. Katie McWilliams would be getting much less minutes if Kat wasn’t injured, IMO. They also lack a good option at the 5, but that position looked much less an issue than the 3 tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
R We talking about the OSU team that beat UCLA in LA & Corvallis

Yes, and beat Oregon in Corvallis and South Carolina on a neutral court. But they have been struggling for a while now. The Arizona road trip took their mojo away and they haven't gotten it back yet.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This thread most certainly belongs on the sub-forum. I think they came back to life after halftime vs. Gonzaga. Can they build off it? Thats to be determined, but they looked a whole lot better when Slocum came back to life. They are getting very little contributions from Katie McWilliams, which is why the loss of Kat Tudor was a bigger deal than expected. Katie McWilliams would be getting much less minutes if Kat wasn’t injured, IMO. They also lack a good option at the 5, but that position looked much less an issue than the 3 tonight.

I've been bemoaning McWilliams lack of production for quite a while now. She really stepped up her game last year down the stretch. This year she has completely disappeared. Hate seeing a Sr. go out like this.

Reaction Score
Well, there are many OSU doubters. What's an OSU fan to say. Nothing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, there are many OSU doubters. What's an OSU fan to say. Nothing.

Well I picked Beaver State to advance to the Regional Final in my BY bracket ....... but thats probably a bad thing :oops:

Reaction Score
Well, right now OSU and Louisville are tied, 0-0. If the Beavs can keep this up until the game actually starts, I like our chances. Louisville isn't used to this situation - a high stakes game, all tied up with just 40 minutes left on the clock. The Beavs have been here many times before - I think they have the poise and experience to win this one down the stretch.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Louisville isn't used to this situation - a high stakes game, all tied up with just 40 minutes left on the clock. The Beavs have been here many times before - I think they have the poise and experience to win this one down the stretch.

Louisvillle isn't used to high-stakes games? Really?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Louisvillle isn't used to high-stakes games? Really?
All tied up with 40 minutes left on the clock. That's a highly unusual situation. Only about 100% of basketball games fit into that category.

Reaction Score
I genuinely can't tell whether you Oregon State fans are for real today. It's hard to say where the jokes end and the nonsense begins.
All I have observed is OSU fans responding to your comment about an officials call at the end of the OSU-BSU game. You seem to think OSU didn't deserve to win that game. Others (not just OSU fans) seem to think it demonstrated what a gritty, tough-minded, never give up, team OSU has been all year long.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
All I have observed is OSU fans responding to your comment about an officials call at the end of the OSU-BSU game. You seem to think OSU didn't deserve to win that game. Others (not just OSU fans) seem to think it demonstrated what a gritty, tough-minded, never give up, team OSU has been all year long.

See, that's where I got confused. On the one hand, the post by @bennyskid reads as a joke. On the other, the mention of "poise and experience" perfectly matches the talking points I've been hearing from Beaver fans.

Gritty, hard-nosed, tough-minded, never give up...yes sir, I've heard all the euphemisms used to describe a team that isn't playing well but winning by the skin of its teeth.

Reaction Score
See, that's where I got confused. On the one hand, the post by @bennyskid reads as a joke. On the other, the mention of "poise and experience" perfectly matches the talking points I've been hearing from Beaver fans.

Gritty, hard-nosed, tough-minded, never give up...yes sir, I've heard all the euphemisms used to describe a team that isn't playing well but winning by the skin of its teeth.
You only have to play "well enough" to come out with a "W". Struggle, Survive, and Advance.

Reaction Score
All the teams had to win 2. No bad teams. Rueck's team only needs to get hot from outside to look really good again. Trying to predict a win based on a team's last game is a losing proposition. A much more reliable predictor (IMO) is the record of the coach in S16 games. OSU hasn't looked good lately but they won and Rueck has taken flawed teams deep into the dance before. And they have 2 really good guards.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
A few of y'all really struggle to find much humor in anything. Bless your hearts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom