Oregon St vs Baylor - 3/23/18 | The Boneyard

Oregon St vs Baylor - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think Baylor wins by double digits. However if Oregon State's Maria Gulich 6'5" Sr an All American Candidate stays out of foul trouble and plays Kalani Brown even up then Oregon St has a chance. If Destiny Slocum was playing this year, then I'd be tempted to go with Oregon St.

Reaction Score
I don't give Oregon St much of a shot but they'd be doing UConn a big favor if they managed the unlikely upset

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Baylor should win, but I won't vote for them. If the refs come out of the Pac-12 it will be Oregon St. I just think they call a patty cake game out west

Reaction Score
I think this game will be close. OSU has been scrappy in the games I've watched and I think this could be the game where no Aussie Wallace on the floor has an effect.....

Reaction Score
Baylor should win, but I won't vote for them. If the refs come out of the Pac-12 it will be Oregon St. I just think they call a patty cake game out west

You obviously didn't see the last Oregon St. USC game. There were bodies littered all over the floor with no calls. USC plays as physical as any team in the country. Many teams breathed a sigh of relief when they were excluded from the Tournament.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I've watched Oregon State play Notre Dame (at home, early in the season) and at Tennessee and am very impressed with their ability to both be aggressive and measured, at the same time. Their guards ...particularly 6'2" Katie McWilliams and 6'0" Kat Tudor...play good defense and can cause some havoc.

But I think the key comes down to how one post (Gulich) will do vs the Baylor Twin Towers (Kalani Brown and Lauren Cox). Brown can get in foul trouble, but Cox has a way of staying in games. To that end, OSU's 6'3" Taya Corosdale, who is the Beaver's second leading rebounder, will have to help out down low in a major way. She has been starting in conference games and been solid.
While OSU does have a 6'8" backup center (Joanna Grymek), she does not play that much. Still she can bang and give Gulich and Corosdale a spell.

Think it's a tough task for OSU, but if they keep it close, OSU's three-point shooters could get pistol hot and send Kim's jacket flying....

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I’m going with Marie Gulich and Oregon State!! They did it once so who says it cant be done again!!

I just wanna see Mulkey through something at her bench!!!!

Reaction Score
A battle-tested team against one not-so-much. Did Kim make the correct scheduling decision?

Reaction Score
A battle-tested team against one not-so-much. Did Kim make the correct scheduling decision?
Given the strength of schedule rankings of the 2 teams, I assume Baylor is the battle-tested one?

Reaction Score
I've watched Oregon State play Notre Dame (at home, early in the season) and at Tennessee and am very impressed with their ability to both be aggressive and measured, at the same time. Their guards ...particularly 6'2" Katie McWilliams and 6'0" Kat Tudor...play good defense and can cause some havoc.

But I think the key comes down to how one post (Gulich) will do vs the Baylor Twin Towers (Kalani Brown and Lauren Cox). Brown can get in foul trouble, but Cox has a way of staying in games. To that end, OSU's 6'3" Taya Corosdale, who is the Beaver's second leading rebounder, will have to help out down low in a major way. She has been starting in conference games and been solid.
While OSU does have a 6'8" backup center (Joanna Grymek), she does not play that much. Still she can bang and give Gulich and Corosdale a spell.

Think it's a tough task for OSU, but if they keep it close, OSU's three-point shooters could get pistol hot and send Kim's jacket flying....
You nailed it. Taya Corosdale is key to OSU today. She is 6'3" and needs to defend and block out on the boards. If she scores, that is a bonus. The rest of the OSU crew is battle tested. But if Kat Tudor shoots 1-8 from 3-point range, it will be tough for OSU. If OSU is within 6 points at start of the 4th quarter, then I'll be glued to the television. OSU has been in so many tight games this year, and, has played well in most of these tight games.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Baylor hasn't been looking good at the first media break. OSU seems to be getting its shot after starting slow.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Go OSU! I just hope Gulich stays out of foul trouble and keeps her positioning. So far so good. If Scott wins this game, he will be Kim’s kryptonite Go Ducks

...and yet again in Lexington, the stands look empty

Reaction Score
If OSU continues to make Brown move laterally and north-south she will struggle to keep up.

Reaction Score
9-6 OSU with 4:36 left in first
Brown with an early foul.
Probably not the start Mulkey was hoping for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom