Oregon St @ UCLA - 1/05/18 | The Boneyard

Oregon St @ UCLA - 1/05/18

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UCLA is off to a great start, up 14-5 after 5 minutes. They already have 5 steals and have converted some of those to points.

Oregon State must figure out how to protect the ball better. Pivec already has 4 turnovers.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA leads 40-21 at the half. Japreece Dean (the transfer from Texas Tech) has been a huge addition to the Bruins' roster. She gives them a second point guard to spell Canada, and she's their best 3-point shooter. Canada went to the bench in 2Q with 2 fouls, but Dean hit two 3s late in the half to stretch the lead.

Billings is having a great game. At the half she has 13 points, 4 rebounds and 3 steals.

Oregon State is a strong 3-point shooting team but UCLA has them well scouted. OSU is 0 for 2 from the arc.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I know its early but UCLA looks different when Japreece Dean is running the point and Canada is off the ball. Team looks different and I like it. Never thought I would say that. UCLA certainly took something from the loss to Stanford as they are steamrolling everyone else.

Oregon State is missing a PG to help with UCLA pressure. Good thing they have Destiny Slocum next season for 3 years!!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Marie Gulich just picked up her 4th foul early in the 3rd. Goodnight Irene!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
the rubenesque female vocal chords are warming up

Plebe

Reaction Score
Marie Gulich just picked up her 4th foul early in the 3rd. Goodnight Irene!!
Major problem for OSU. Interesting that Rueck is not putting in his beanpole Grymek. I wonder if she's hurt or he just thinks she's too slow for UCLA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Major problem for OSU. Interesting that Rueck is not putting in his beanpole Grymek. I wonder if she's hurt or he just thinks she's too slow for UCLA.

She was too slow for Duke... so I know she's too slow vs UCLA. She is huge in person..... looked like she was about 6'11 or something
laughing.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I quit watching this one early. First 3 minutes told me it was gonna be a long night for OSU. Pivec is having a terrible game. Can't stop turning the ball over and can't hit a layup. OSU doesn't have a single ball handler that can handle pressure defense. Luckily most teams aren't as fast and harassing as UCLA, but it's still gonna be a problem every game for the Beavers.

Billings has been killing people since the Stanford game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I quit watching this one early. First 3 minutes told me it was gonna be a long night for OSU.

I know you describe yourself as a West Coast homer, but I really think you're more of a Northwest homer. :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I know you describe yourself as a West Coast homer, but I really think you're more of a Northwest homer. :)

Am I that obvious? My user name is kind of incriminating. Well after the NW schools I can usually root for California schools/other Pac 12 schools/other western half of the US schools. I can even root for a few teams east of the Mississippi.

Reaction Score
No one posted about the Baylor game. => it was a blow out as well. Oh Conference play...how exciting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The good news for Oregon St. is that they pretty much always lose @ UCLA, sometimes badly, and it doesn't necessarily reflect how the rest of the season will go. Even better news is that the game is over now and they won't have any more TO's...at least tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The good news for Oregon St. is that they pretty much always lose @ UCLA, sometimes badly, and it doesn't necessarily reflect how the rest of the season will go. Even better news is that the game is over now and they won't have any more TO's...at least tonight.
UCLA is just a different team playing at home. We saw a little of why they had the second-longest home winning streak until they played UConn.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah...now I'm watching USC-Oregon and the Trojans are forcing a ton of TOs also. Sunday might not be much more fun for OSU.

Reaction Score
I had a peaceful rest last night, and ready to eat my words this morning. UCLA is much better than I gave them credit. OSU is far from a top tier PAC12 team. Every PAC12 team will now full court press OSU as they have no ball handlers. OSU could really use the services of Destiny Slocum. Rueck will hopefully learn which kids can play under constant pressure. Taylor Kalmer was the only OSU guard who could handle the ball and create her own offense. Mikayla Pivec had the worst game of her career. UCLA was dominant, and didn't need to take a 3-point shot when their offense started in OSU's backcourt all night. Props to UCLA, and coach Close. A win at USC will go along way OSU and coach Rueck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom