Oregon St (7) @ Oregon (4) - 1/24/20 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oregon St (7) @ Oregon (4) - 1/24/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I watched the whole game as an impartial observer. My expertise on this is that I’m a long-time UConn fan so I know what domination looks like. Trust me - Oregon State got dominated.

I will watch again Sunday to see if they can pull it together and give Oregon a competitive game.
That's your opinion. That's fine. In my opinion Oregon dominated in the second quarter, built a substantial lead and hung on in the second half as Oregon State outscored Oregon and closed to within 7 in the second half.

Reaction Score
I don't think that Oregon was coasting down the stretch. The Ducks played 7 players. Graves didn't feel comfortable enough to insert Winterburn and Giomi at any point in the game. Sabally played 39 minutes. Ionescu nearly played all 40 as well. OSU cut it to 7 points with 3:38 remaining.
Why would you insert Winterburn and Giomi who were injured? Yaeger has disk problems in her back.

Lets keep the fabrications to a minimum.

........Oregon women’s basketball needed only seven players to beat rival Oregon State Friday night but it wasn’t entirely by design.
The No. 4 Ducks are playing with a short bench and depleted front court due to unspecified injuries to forwards Lydia Giomi and Lucy Cochrane, while guard Morgan Yaeger was suited up for the first time this month but did not play for the seventh straight game.

[/QUOTE]
No mention of an injury to Winterburn in the postgame report. Did I miss that? Both Giomi and Winterburn played for the Ducks in last Sunday's blowout win over Cal. I know that Yeager has recurring back issues, so I didn't expect her to play. I was a bit surprised that Moore didn't play much, but credit the strong play of Chavez for that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's unbelievable the amount of desperation that some Oregon State fans have poured into one word choice in an ESPN article.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
duck.png

Reaction Score
Frankly, it's unbelievable how some people waste their time attempting to belittle others by making derogatory, condescending, inaccurate statements about them in regard to their comments. Sadly, they don't seem to comprehend that they reflect negatively upon themselves in so doing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's unbelievable the amount of desperation that some Oregon State fans have poured into one word choice in an ESPN article.
Following a strong 10-2 start by the Beavers last night, Oregon did dominate the second quarter to push its lead to 16 points by halftime and extended the lead to 21 early in the fourth quarter. The Beavers made a 11-0 run to reduce the margin to 10 with 5:28 left and then cut the deficit to 7 points with 3:38 left in the game, but could get no closer and ended up losing by 12 points.

Call it whatever you want. It counts as a loss for Oregon State and a quality win for Oregon.

Reaction Score
Why would you insert Winterburn and Giomi who were injured? Yaeger has disk problems in her back.

Lets keep the fabrications to a minimum.

........Oregon women’s basketball needed only seven players to beat rival Oregon State Friday night but it wasn’t entirely by design.
The No. 4 Ducks are playing with a short bench and depleted front court due to unspecified injuries to forwards Lydia Giomi and Lucy Cochrane, while guard Morgan Yaeger was suited up for the first time this month but did not play for the seventh straight game.
No mention of an injury to Winterburn in the postgame report. Did I miss that? Both Giomi and Winterburn played for the Ducks in last Sunday's blowout win over Cal. I know that Yeager has recurring back issues, so I didn't expect her to play. I was a bit surprised that Moore didn't play much, but credit the strong play of Chavez for that.
[/QUOTE]

Winterburn was under the weather getting over a virus. Yeager will probably end up retiring from the sport. And Chavez probably should be starting over Moore.

Reaction Score
Same was said about the Arizona game and Stanford game at the end. If it was not for the Pac-12 refs against them it would be a different story. Pivec playing dirty against Stanford in the fourth is perfectly okay.

Oregon State is in sixth place in the Pac-12. Sixth place Pac-12 won't host in the first rounds.
Disagree. I think it's possible 6 PAC12 teams will host...and should. I am also sure the Beavs will be hosting. I think they lose at most 3 more until the PAC12 tourney which will add another loss. I guarantee a 6 loss team which lost only to ranked PAC12 teams, mostly top 5, will be hosting. Also Colorado definitely should be in tne tourney if the committee is objective at all. I also think a PAC12 team will win the WNIT postseason touney, like the Beavers did the preseason WNIT.

Reaction Score
You are confusing me with someone else. Again, I have never commented on the Oregon State vs. Stanford game. I have not made such comments about Oregon State football.
Your whole fan base in general goes off at every loss whether it be football, volleyball, softball, mens basketball, womens basketball or soccer. As if every Pac-12 team has some sort of aligned conspiracy with the officials. Do bad calls happen, sure they do but I don't think it is an organized conspiracy between 11 other pac-12 schools and Oregon State. You may very well win on Sunday but unless it goes down to the last call I don't think people will be calling out the refs here.

Reaction Score
I watched the whole game as an impartial observer. My expertise on this is that I’m a long-time UConn fan so I know what domination looks like. Trust me - Oregon State got dominated.

I will watch again Sunday to see if they can pull it together and give Oregon a competitive game.

Yeah, if people get hung up over articles titles and slanted opinions then they are new to the internet (such as CNN and Fox news). All ways welcome others outside the conference to look at things in perspective because you dont have a dog in this fight. j66kicker usually calls it as it is.

Reaction Score
Remember this headline. They were not complaining then.

Why Oregon State, not UConn, should be the No. 1 women's college basketball team

Reaction Score
This is ESPN hyping the game tomorrow, but also setting up more hype for the Feb 3 match-up near the mothership agaist UConn. Whether Oregon wins or loses tomorrow that want a big audience for that big Monday game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Remember this headline. They were not complaining then.

Why Oregon State, not UConn, should be the No. 1 women's college basketball team
Oh man, that's the headline they should've been pissed about. Talk about the kiss of death :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yep. Kinda like the Sports Illustrated cover jinx. As a Beavers fan, I knew the brutal part of the conference schedule was approaching quickly when that headline emerged. I also knew that the ball movement for the squad was in need of improvement.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yep. Kinda like the Sports Illustrated cover jinx. As a Beavers fan, I knew the brutal part of the conference schedule was approaching quickly when that headline emerged. I also knew that the ball movement for the squad was in need of improvement.
In 24 hours we'll probably be talking about how well they bounced back. It's very, very hard to beat a good team twice in 3 days. It's a fickle game.

A lot of UConn fans protested that headline. I was completely fine with it :D but it still didn't help UConn against Baylor :oops:

Reaction Score
In 24 hours we'll probably be talking about how well they bounced back. It's very, very hard to beat a good team twice in 3 days. It's a fickle game.

A lot of UConn fans protested that headline. I was completely fine with it :D but it still didn't help UConn against Baylor :oops:
Hope that you are correct. OSU could use some confidence going forward. A home win at Gill Coliseum over its in-state rival would help right the ship for the Beavers.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Also Colorado definitely should be in tne tourney if the committee is objective at all.

They might be good enough, but they are lacking quality wins. Look at their schedule. Who is their best win? Wisconsin? Wyoming? Tulane? Utah? Just ain't much there. They're gonna have to beat several of the better Pac 12 teams to even remotely make a case. As is they are in a log jam w/ Utah, Washington, Washington St. and USC in the bottom half but clearly out of the cellar in conference. Arizona was a good team last year but didn't get in the Tourney because they were lacking quality wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They might be good enough, but they are lacking quality wins. Look at their schedule. Who is their best win? Wisconsin? Wyoming? Tulane? Utah? Just ain't much there. They're gonna have to beat several of the better Pac 12 teams to even remotely make a case. As is they are in a log jam w/ Utah, Washington, Washington St. and USC in the bottom half but clearly out of the cellar in conference. Arizona was a good team last year but didn't get in the Tourney because they were lacking quality wins.
Yes, agreed. They have a decent W-L record because their nonconference SOS was horribly weak (#273). Currently their only top 100 win is over USC. That won't be enough. They needed that win over Stanford in the worst kind of way. They'll definitely need to score wins over the top 6 in the Pac-12 to get a bid.

Reaction Score
Yes, agreed. They have a decent W-L record because their nonconference SOS was horribly weak (#273). Currently their only top 100 win is over USC. That won't be enough. They needed that win over Stanford in the worst kind of way. They'll definitely need to score wins over the top 6 in the Pac-12 to get a bid.
Or beat UCLA who they also should have beat 2 weeks back. I hope they get one and upset a ranked PAC12 team since you folks are right they probably need that. Still I see them better than half of the other Power 5 teams that will probably get bids as I look at recent bracketologies.

Reaction Score
USC was better than Arizona last year and should ahve made the tourney. They decided not to play the WNIT which Zona ended up winning being the 7th best PAC12 team last year while the 5 who made the NCAA's all got into the sweet 16. That's why I think this year we should get 7 in the tourney.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Or beat UCLA who they also should have beat 2 weeks back. I hope they get one and upset a ranked PAC12 team since you folks are right they probably need that. Still I see them better than half of the other Power 5 teams that will probably get bids as I look at recent bracketologies.
Better than half? That would mean they're a top 20 team. I don't see them as that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
USC was better than Arizona last year and should ahve made the tourney. They decided not to play the WNIT which Zona ended up winning being the 7th best PAC12 team last year while the 5 who made the NCAA's all got into the sweet 16. That's why I think this year we should get 7 in the tourney.
But that's not how tournament selection works. Each team's resume is judged individually. They don't apportion the bids to conferences as if it were the electoral college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom