Oregon St (11) @ Southern California - 2/14/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon St (11) @ Southern California - 2/14/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
And with this huge win, we have to start thinking about the possibility of USC being on the bubble.

RPI is #67 and they have two great wins over UCLA and Oregon State. If they can win at least 4 more games, get to 18-13 and they might be in.
USC has more Top 11 wins than UConn

Reaction Score
I doubt USC gets in the tourney but I also think they win the NIT if they go that route. I said early on that Pili would be one of the best freshmen in the nation, but few would know her because of the team. The LA Times ran a profile of her this morning and maybe that fueled her for this impressive performance. Ironically, Cori Close really praises her and if she had recruited her, UCLA wouldn't have been as bad tonight against Oregon.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I doubt USC gets in the tourney but I also think they win the NIT if they go that route. I said early on that Pili would be one of the best freshmen in the nation, but few would know her because of the team. The LA Times ran a profile of her this morning and maybe that fueled her for this impressive performance. Ironically, Cori Close really praises her and if she had recruited her, UCLA wouldn't have been as bad tonight against Oregon.

The problem with USC and the WNIT is that it is a money loser for them to bid for a home game, nobody goes to Galen Center. Back in 2010/11 USC went to the WNIT Finals and played the last 5 games on the road. The question is do they want to go that route again.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What I mean they have improved from a bad start. The team is much better now.
Yes, that's a big deal.

USC had a horrible loss to UCSB in November and also got swept by the Mountain schools in early January. The committee will overlook all of that if they can finish strong.

Even if they lose to Oregon Sunday, they'll have the Washington and Mountain schools again. They might need to go 4-0 against them, but it's certainly doable.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
What I mean they have improved from a bad start. The team is much better now.
Agree. I posted on the forum, after USC's first game vs CSUN that they were horrible, and I didnt care who was missing. They have gotton tons better.

Reaction Score
The problem with USC and the WNIT is that it is a money loser for them to bid for a home game, nobody goes to Galen Center. Back in 2010/11 USC went to the WNIT Finals and played the last 5 games on the road. The question is do they want to go that route again.

Absolutely correct. USC does have a new AD so we will see if they have that commitment. USC did not accept the invitation last year but this young team deserves the opportunity. For Trakh to build on what he has, he should have a strong post season, the way Arizona had.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
By the way, I am not going to the Cayman Islands, ever. I dont know if the commercials are on the TVfeed, but on the streamiing feed there is a 30 second commercial at every break.

Reaction Score
By the way, I am not going to the Cayman Islands, ever. I dont know if the commercials are on the TVfeed, but on the streamiing feed there is a 30 second commercial at every break.
But boy can that lady ride a lizard.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are the Oregon State fans watching this game?

Nope. Didn't bother streaming the first half, left at halftime to go to a concert. Didn't miss a thing apparently. OSU just isn't very good this year, I've been saying it for a while. Worst season for Rueck since about year 3 since he's been there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Oh, I'm sure it would've been on the TV feed. Pac 12 Network only has about 5 commercials so they show each of them every single commercial break. I'm about sick of Gatorade or whatever it is trying to convince me that Gabrielle Union is just as good of an athlete as her NBA husband Dwyane Wade.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh, I'm sure it would've been on the TV feed. Pac 12 Network only has about 5 commercials so they show each of them every single commercial break. I'm about sick of Gatorade or whatever it is trying to convince me that Gabrielle Union is just as good of an athlete as her NBA husband Dwyane Wade.
Omg I always just mute that ridiculous Gabrielle Union commercial. Let's just say it hasn't stoked my desire to consume Gatorade.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nope. Didn't bother streaming the first half, left at halftime to go to a concert. Didn't miss a thing apparently. OSU just isn't very good this year, I've been saying it for a while. Worst season for Rueck since about year 3 since he's been there.
You're a bit scathing here. They're not any worse than last year's team. They're definitely better than his year 4 team that lost 11 games. At least give them a chance to get used to playing without the injured starter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You're a bit scathing here. They're not any worse than last year's team. They're definitely better than his year 4 team that lost 11 games. At least give them a chance to get used to playing without the injured starter.

It's been a rough season. They've lost a lot of close games. Just can't close them out. Frustrating.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think as of this morning Oregon St is no longer hosting 1st round games. They're now a 5 Seed. However, they play UCLA on Monday on ESPN2 at 9PM Win that game and they'll move up to a #4 Seed. Monday's game is important to determine the seeding for the PAC 12 Post Season Tournament. Oregon St is currently 5th in the PAC 12 Standings two games behind Arizona, they can't afford to fall three games behind if they want a 1st round by in the PAC 12 tournament.

I can see USC finishing the season going 4 Wins 1 Loss (Oregon to end up a PAC 12 Conference Record of 9 Wins and 9 Losses and an overall record of 17 Wins and 12 Losses. Get a Win or two in the PAC 12 tournament and they might slip into the NCAA Tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Omg I always just mute that ridiculous Gabrielle Union commercial. Let's just say it hasn't stoked my desire to consume Gatorade.

Ha..... I was in the grocery store earlier in the week..... and was on the sports drink aisle.... I thought about getting some of that Orange Gatorade Zero, but I passed and got my Powerade as usual. I might give it a try during the summer during grass cutting season. When you finish doing lawn work in 93 degree heat... you dont really care how good or bad the post workout drink tastes.

Reaction Score

CU will beat them in NIT.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
476 hardcore B. ball fans were in the Galen Center to watch SC upset the 11th ranked team in the Nation.
All of them were able to relax and cheer the home town team to victory.

The only person who took an L, with 3 people on duty, was the concessionaire. She finished the night $283.54 in the RED!

Reaction Score
Are the Oregon State fans watching this game?

USC really giving them the bizness, up 49-45 late in 3Q.
Pili is turning into a true terror. She has 19 on 9-12 FG.
Yes. We were watching and praying for a good result. Coach Rueck responded well to the officiating late night. A step in the right direction. OSU will get zero sympathy from anybody down the stretch.

The Beavs have held halftime leads against Oregon, Stanford, Arizona, and USC before losing. Opposing teams seem to be adapting better in the second half of games that have been winnable for the Beavs.

Next up is a road game at UCLA on Monday. It doesn't get easier for the Beavs the next two games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom