Oregon Must win | The Boneyard

Oregon Must win

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I believe Thursday is a must win. The committee looks hard at neutral site games and we need to come out of this tourney 2-1 at worst. This is make or break time and we need to make. Be a dog. Let’s go huskies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I believe Thursday is a must win. The committee looks hard at neutral site games and we need to come out of this tourney 2-1 at worst. This is make or break time and we need to make. Be a dog. Let’s go huskies.
Agreed but first BU. Ollie needs to treat BU as if they were Oregon. Shorten the rotation, hold them accountable for mental lapses, get the ball inside. Also if we beat Oregon I believe we would be playing UNC. We have to beat Oregon so we done play DePaul

Reaction Score
Hard to determine must wins at this point. It would be a resume building win that could help us get into the tournament. It could also be undone with a loss to USF. Let's hope for the best but it's not a must win yet imo.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Agreed but first BU. Ollie needs to treat BU as if they were Oregon. Shorten the rotation, hold them accountable for mental lapses, get the ball inside. Also if we beat Oregon I believe we would be playing UNC. We have to beat Oregon so we done play DePaul
We’d play Mich St but same point applies it’s either Mich St or DePaul on Friday.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No, not a must win, but it would be a nice win

If this team jells and is playing good basketball come January, we'll be fine, just as long as we don't lose to a Wagner and a Northeastern

It would be nice to beat a couple of the big names we play in November & December

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I honestly would take 1-2 at PK80 as long as we play competitively all 3 games. Need at least 1 resumé building win though

Reaction Score
We have the same problem every year, needed non conference wins against good teams when we are not really ready for those games yet. The AAC curse except this year we have some highly ranked teams in our league which is good. Our perimeter shooting has not shown it is up to the task yet, but if it comes in we can compete for sure, without that things could be very ugly. Defense is important no doubt but i hope that KO has them shooting day and night.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We have the same problem every year, needed non conference wins against good teams when we are not really ready for those games yet. The AAC curse except this year we have some highly ranked teams in our league which is good. Our perimeter shooting has not shown it is up to the task yet, but if it comes in we can compete for sure, without that things could be very ugly. Defense is important no doubt but i hope that KO has them shooting day and night.

Like you said the AAC should be pretty good this year so trying to get a few OOC wins would be great but not critical like previous
Years

Reaction Score
I'll actually agree and say that Oregon is a must win, just because a game against MSU would go a long way toward getting eyes on the program and making us nationally relevant again.
We're also going to match up with some elite teams this year later on and I think playing Mich. St. will help our guys be better prepared for the Arizona/Nova matchup

Reaction Score
BU is a must win. They must win games against non-top 25 teams if they want to be back into the top 25 and the big dance. No more excuses. Keeping winning those games and all is good. Lose to teams that are beneath us and...well...

Reaction Score
Let's just get some rebounds tonight so we can take the most shots possible until some guys get their shooting stroke down. Maybe develop a better inside out game with passing and penetration thrown in. The screens we've been laying down are a good start but we can't just rely on that. Then we'll have a chance against Oregon.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Oregon would be a really great win, but I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it happened. I agree with those saying our shooting and turn-overs must improve or I just don't see it happening yet. Agree that we must handle the lower level competition without a loss first. Then we try to knock off one or more of the big guys on our schedule. I think team is still working toward this... if they can handle BU tonight without struggling for the win then maybe we're getting closer to a big win. Can't have long shooting lapses.

Reaction Score

Right Neutral site game vs Oregon in Oregon in the Oregon's largest boosters Tournament. I'm sure we are going to get a lot of favorable calls in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom