Oregon game thread. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Oregon game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Given the Husky's waltz (romp) through the West Coast this holiday weekend, I don't imagine that UConn Women's Basketball (the "national standard" as Chiney so aptly stated) will be entertaining any conference realignment invitations from the PAC-12 anytime soon. :rolleyes:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Worst Suggestion of the Year.

An unthinking insult when you screw around with someone's birth name - especially one of your own team's players.

Like Stewie and D and Birdie ....

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying I'm a spoiled UConn women's fan. Spoiled by the team. Spoiled by the TV and print media coverage.

To wit, the times when a Husky's game was unavailable due to a TV rights issue have been few and far between for the past many years.

I like SNY. I think they're doing a great job. I think they were the next logical and necessary phase in the UConn Women's media evolution. I think SNY's extended scope is probably even more important now, with all the realignment concerns.

But as a Fairfield County resident with Cablevision service, that was shut-out of today's Oregon game, I couldn't help but remember that CPTV would negotiate rights for these types of games and make them available, even though they were outside their sweet spot.

So this is not a shot at SNY, but more of a belated thank you to CPTV for making me into the spoiled brat I am today!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So our All-American sat, the HS NPOY got into early foul trouble, and the player with the body that everyone envies continued to rehab, but we still won by 44. Not too shabby.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Bird is "Birdie" and Stewart is "Stewie," does that mean that Tina is "Tinie"? :)

Reaction Score
Like Stewie and D and Birdie ....
Ever the contrarian.

If you've been paying attention, Breanna winces when she hears "Stewie," a ghastly nickname. So I guess you're suggesting we keep irritating her, huh?

Dee is a common nickname for Diana.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No, she'd be Charlesie. Was that a trick question?
Trick question? Moi?

Somehow, something pronounced either teeny or tiny seemed like a severe misnomer for Tina Charles.

Reaction Score
Ever the contrarian.

If you've been paying attention, Breanna winces when she hears "Stewie," a ghastly nickname. So I guess you're suggesting we keep irritating her, huh?

Dee is a common nickname for Diana.

Sorry to offend. I know you would never manipulate a player's name creatively.

51 POINTS?

KA-CHONG!!!! .

Reaction Score
Sorry to offend. I know you would never manipulate a player's name creatively.
A total non sequitur. I didn't call Saniya "ka-chong," did I?

Any manipulation was to the well-known expression, "ka-ching."

Reaction Score
Maybe we should call her Special K though Kelloggs might not like it too much. It really gets right to the heart of her talent level, though!
Yuk. Special K needs milk or cream, sugar, fruit. She needs no additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom