or this one | The Boneyard

or this one

Reaction Score
NY Post 2/3:

Down: UConn
I’m not sensing the same dread from Big East coaches about UConn returning as I did when the news was first announced. The Huskies would be the worst team in the league this year. They own one win of consequence, over Florida, and are 2-6 in the mediocre AAC. At 11-10 overall, the NIT seems like a longshot barring a big finish. UConn does have some nice pieces for the future — freshmen James Bouknight and Akok Akok look like players — and coach Dan Hurley is recruiting well as expected. But this is a bigger rebuilding job than anticipated. Patience will be needed in Storrs, especially once Hurley’s program joins a far better league next season.

Reaction Score
Patience is a virtue. Worked well with Calhoun. Hurley comes from a passionate blood line... we’ll get there in 2 years.

pj

Reaction Score
RJ Cole, Richie Springs, Andre Jackson are good additions. We need a starting 5 in the worst way.

Reaction Score
If our stock is down then I am buying low right now on a starting 5 of: Cole, Bouk, Polley, Akok, and .... (insert serviceable center here)

Reaction Score
All of thes
NY Post 2/3:

I’m not sensing the same dread from Big East coaches about UConn returning as I did when the news was first announced. The Huskies would be the worst team in the league this year. They own one win of consequence, over Florida, and are 2-6 in the mediocre AAC. At 11-10 overall, the NIT seems like a longshot barring a big finish. UConn does have some nice pieces for the future — freshmen James Bouknight and Akok Akok look like players — and coach Dan Hurley is recruiting well as expected. But this is a bigger rebuilding job than anticipated. Patience will be needed in Storrs, especially once Hurley’s program joins a far better league next season.

saying they "look like players" means you haven't watched them play more than once.

Reaction Score
We have a long long way to go to return to the national conversation. Every single guy we have so far is a project of some kind or other. Cole and Springs are clearly All Americans at least until the play an actual game. Bouknight does some highlight reel stuff but lots of the stuff that actually matters, hitting jumpers, making open 3s hitting the open guy, he didn’t do so well. Same with Akok. He is a shot blocker. But he can’t handle bigs inside. Not much of a scorer. He is a lot closer to Brimah than to Okafor in terms of development.

We desperately need a stud somewhere in the lineup.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope Hurley gets more talent or you will be right. He needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Reaction Score
NY Post 2/3:

Save this. We'll do far better in the ZBE.

Reaction Score
Save this. We'll do far better in the ZBE.

Well next year we will be a different team. So if we do better it doesn't really mean anything in comparison to this year's team. The article is saying this year's team would be last in the Big East, which is likely true. Next years team will have Cole at PG, and every player will have a year to develop. We'll also be adding Javonte Brown Ferguson and Jackson. So saying "save this article so we can laugh at it later when we have more success in the Big East" doesn't really apply. It's comparing apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Cmon we lost a bunch of winnable games this year with upperclassman paying like crap. Not to mention we took Xavier to double OT and took Nova to the final minute. Just looking at our record and saying yea they suck is no indication of how we will be next year. We will much better. Horrible assumption.

Reaction Score
Cmon we lost a bunch of winnable games this year with upperclassman paying like crap. Not to mention we took Xavier to double OT and took Nova to the final minute. Just looking at our record and saying yea they suck is no indication of how we will be next year. We will much better. Horrible assumption.
Look at the source of the article ..... How credible could it possibly be? Totally agree with you, horrible assumption.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom