Opinion: Jim Delany's 2020 retirement could open door to College Football Playoff expansion (Wolken - USA Today) | The Boneyard

Opinion: Jim Delany's 2020 retirement could open door to College Football Playoff expansion (Wolken - USA Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
8 has always made sense. 16 seems like a bridge too far.

It would be nice to have all five champs of the alleged "power five" get in, plus two at large, and the best team from the other five conferences.

I know it's just crumbs, but getting a guaranteed spot would be nice. I'm not counting on it happening.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think going to 8 and doing away with conference title games is what ends up happening

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think going to 8 and doing away with conference title games is what ends up happening

The leagues make too much to get rid of the championship conference games.

I see eight as well in the near future. I would say by 2022

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The leagues make too much to get rid of the championship conference games.

I see eight as well in the near future. I would say by 2022
The issue with assigning a playoff spot to conference game champions is if a 8-4 Pitt team somehow knocks off a 12-0 Clemson. Now, there would be the two at large bids (or 3 if they say screw off to the G5) but you’re still leaving yourself open to a mess. I assume another weekend of playoff games would mean more money too.

Reaction Score
It would be nice to have all five champs of the alleged "power five" get in, plus two at large, and the best team from the other five conferences.

I have been saying this same thing as well. Unfortunately it makes way too much sense so it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom