OT: - Operation 351 to Bloomington | The Boneyard

OT: Operation 351 to Bloomington

Reaction Score
My first Operation 351 basketball trip for the season brings me to Bloomington, Indiana in a couple of weeks to see Indiana, Butler, and Indiana State on three consecutive nights.

Any cool places to eat and visit there from those folks living out there?

Reaction Score
My girlfriend is an IU alum, and we went for a football game last year. If you have time, definitely walk throughout the Bloomington campus to see the famous sites like the Sample Gates, the insert-name-I'm-forgetting-here fountain, etc. It is truly a beautiful campus.

For bars, anything on Kirkwood Avenue is where the action is. Since this is a basketball trip, Upstairs Pub has a ton of cool memorabilia from the Bobby Knight championship days (the bar counter is encased wood from the old court). Kilroy's is more of a student/party atmosphere but you can definitely drink cheaply and it's 3 levels plus a patio if you want to avoid the kids. I also loved Nick's English Hut for the sports decor/memorabilia on the wall. They're all within 1-2 blocks of each other. Brothers was good too, but is a bit further

For food: Mother Bear's Pizza, or The Tap for a broader food selection (not exactly 5-star cuisine, but good food/beer and gets the job done).

If you like breweries, we killed time before heading home at Switchyard Brewing Company. Solid beer.

Reaction Score
My first Operation 351 basketball trip for the season brings me to Bloomington, Indiana in a couple of weeks to see Indiana, Butler, and Indiana State on three consecutive nights.

Meridian-Kessler/Broad Ripple will have lots of good bars/restaurants for Butler. Won’t go wrong at Fat Dan’s, The Bulldog, Twenty Tap, Half Liter BBQ

Reaction Score

If time permits- check out the IU Memorial Student Union- beautiful building inside and out
Watch movie Breaking Away filmed entirely on IU campus to get a flavor of the campus....a lot has changed but a lot is the same-good movie

Reaction Score
If time permits- check out the IU Memorial Student Union- beautiful building inside and out
Watch movie Breaking Away filmed entirely on IU campus to get a flavor of the campus....a lot has changed but a lot is the same-good movie
Fight any cutters hanging out at the student union.

Reaction Score
I agree on Nicks in Bloomington.
In Indy St Elmos or sister restaurant next door for the famous shrimp cocktail
Broad Ripple is always a fun area. Love the Alley Cat which is a dive bar.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I'm actually going to Bloomington this weekend for Wisconsin football so loving these recs too. It's the last pre-realignment B1G stadium I haven't been to to watch my alma mater play live, which has been another of my sports journey goals.

Fun fact that my only trip to Assembly Hall in Bloomington was in 2006 when they hosted #1 UConn on a random Saturday in February. It was the first time I ever got to see UConn play live. Since that trip was years before I even contemplated my own Mission351 journey, that visit ends up being #3 I believe of my current 197 different D1 arenas.

Reaction Score
I'm actually going to Bloomington this weekend for Wisconsin football so loving these recs too. It's the last pre-realignment B1G stadium I haven't been to to watch my alma mater play live, which has been another of my sports journey goals.

Fun fact that my only trip to Assembly Hall in Bloomington was in 2006 when they hosted #1 UConn on a random Saturday in February. It was the first time I ever got to see UConn play live. Since that trip was years before I even contemplated my own Mission351 journey, that visit ends up being #3 I believe of my current 197 different D1 arenas.
197 different D1 arenas, holy crap!

Reaction Score
Sad to hear the bout the passing of Bobby Knight. I am curious if they will be doing something for him on the night when I see the Hoosiers play Army since he was associated with both. I am glad though I have already bought my ticket just in case the price shoots up.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yep @ConnZag3 has me be beat by a mile. I hope I am alive if I hit 197 arenas. :)
I'd like to hear the story if you hit 197 arenas and aren't alive.

Thanks for the thread. I anticipate that I'll visit both Bloomington and Indianapolis in the coming months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom