Opening UConn Run Predictions | The Boneyard

Opening UConn Run Predictions

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Ok, I know it violates all mojo considerations, but it's a topsy-turvy world and I'm bored [----]less.

Try to predict how many points UConn will have when UMASS scores its first point. The right number could easily be zero or even 25+ but I'm going with...

15-0 off the tip.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If this game were further into the season against a sorely over matched team, it might be easier. But... at this time we don't even know the starting lineup. Geno has raved about certain players in practice, but Evina's not 100%, Nika is dealing with a foot issue, Anna is trying to work herself back into basketball shape, etc.

We've seen experienced well-oiled teams come out for the 1st game after the Christmas break and start out pitching a stinker. This is the first game in a UCONN uniform for 7 of our players, at least one of which will be starting and 3-4 of which will be relied on heavily.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them be overly-amped up, play a little too fast or out of control, and take at least 5 minutes to settle in. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them run a track meet and be up 30-5 after the 1st quarter.

I know what I WANT to see, but realistically, I simply can't predict what the 1st 5 minutes will look like. Even to quote Geno (for the most part), "sometimes we look really good like we've been playing together for a while, and then sometimes that completely disappears, immediately".

I do think the defense will be ahead of the offense, so I would not be surprised to see a low scoring output for UMASS-Lowell, but if I'm as excited as I know I am for the 1st game, I can only imagine how the players feel!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1607623785378.png

"We're doomed."

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
To be clear, this prediction says NOTHING about the outcome of the game (different thread) or how well either team plays. Maybe UMass starts the game with a 5-0 lead... that would make the prediction 'zero'.

Far less aggravating to the mojo gods than predicting a 50, 60, 70 point final margin as in the other thread.

Reaction Score
If this game were further into the season against a sorely over matched team, it might be easier. But... at this time we don't even know the starting lineup. Geno has raved about certain players in practice, but Evina's not 100%, Nika is dealing with a foot issue, Anna is trying to work herself back into basketball shape, etc.

We've seen experienced well-oiled teams come out for the 1st game after the Christmas break and start out pitching a stinker. This is the first game in a UCONN uniform for 7 of our players, at least one of which will be starting and 3-4 of which will be relied on heavily.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them be overly-amped up, play a little too fast or out of control, and take at least 5 minutes to settle in. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them run a track meet and be up 30-5 after the 1st quarter.

I know what I WANT to see, but realistically, I simply can't predict what the 1st 5 minutes will look like. Even to quote Geno (for the most part), "sometimes we look really good like we've been playing together for a while, and then sometimes that completely disappears, immediately".

I do think the defense will be ahead of the offense, so I would not be surprised to see a low scoring output for UMASS-Lowell, but if I'm as excited as I know I am for the 1st game, I can only imagine how the players feel!!
Great write up, especially how you weaved Geno’s latest comments into your analysis.
I have a prediction: the only thing Geno will be disappointed about is that he won’t be able to work on his half court sets. With Paige, IMO we‘re gunna be out running. Might be a layup drill. Portends for a big game from Christyn. I want to see Mir and Aubrey cleaning the glass and getting out on the break. Won‘t need to know the offense. Worry about that before game 2.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, I know it violates all mojo considerations, but it's a topsy-turvy world and I'm bored [----]less.
Yea, now see what you did? You cost us the Butler game. :mad:

Reaction Score
ZERO. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Final score will be a different story, but I think it will take a few minutes to settle in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom