Opening night ticket Gampel | The Boneyard

Opening night ticket Gampel

Reaction Score
Since they were celebrating Gampel opening 30 years ago at today’s game I thought I’d share this. It’s the original ticket from opening night. I was there but was gifted this. Anyone know if this is a actual seat? Seat 1 Row 1 Section 100. Just saw yesterday they handed out t-shirts that night with a picture of this ticket. Also anyone know anything about poster? Did they hand those out too?
BD27A537-A95D-4AE8-AA96-AD8FF2AFD6C6.jpeg

Reaction Score
That is the commemorative poster & ticket that were both handed out at the game. I had them both framed as you show here, but also had my actual game tickets included in the framed result.

Before framing, I took my then 7 year-old daughter around with the poster to the players and coaches and had it autographed. JC, Dickenman, Leitao on down through most of the roster. Over the years all of the autographs have faded away! Jim Calhoun signed it on the hood of a car parked outside Gampel as he was finishing up a run with Harry Hartley.

I would take a picture of it, but it is hanging in our home in Maine, and I'm @ our Winter home in Florida.

Got this iMessage from my daughter today:

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 6.43.31 PM.png

Reaction Score
Thank you so much! So glad to have a piece of history. Never knew story behind ticket and poster. Your autographed version is priceless!!! My father-in-law gifted me this. He was at old Athletic directors house who was moving and had no room for it. Said his son in law (me) is a huge husky fan.

Reaction Score
I recently acquired one of those tickets and would absolutely love to find a poster too. I don't think I've ever come across one before. I would probably say my favorites are my final four court pieces (1999 and 2011).

Reaction Score
I have lots . I have a media guide from about 1990 that was gifted to me when I was in the intensive care unit at St Raphael New Haven,
A whole bunch of unopened player cards they gave out.at the games , a couple programs one from 89- 90 and an unpublished book called Big Hoops the story of the big East. Lots of Uconn /early Calhoun stuff.

Reaction Score
Have most ticket stubs from 89-90 onward. Multiples of most giveaways from.cards to posters. Autographed stuff - balls, t shirts. Have newspaper articles, magazines, media guides - saved everything UConn

Reaction Score
Lots of stuff
rather old media guide is interesting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 105

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That is the commemorative poster & ticket that were both handed out at the game. I had them both framed as you show here, but also had my actual game tickets included in the framed result.

Before framing, I took my then 7 year-old daughter around with the poster to the players and coaches and had it autographed. JC, Dickenman, Leitao on down through most of the roster. Over the years all of the autographs have faded away! Jim Calhoun signed it on the hood of a car parked outside Gampel as he was finishing up a run with Harry Hartley.

I would take a picture of it, but it is hanging in our home in Maine, and I'm @ our Winter home in Florida.

Got this iMessage from my daughter today:

View attachment 50761

Your age today is very nice

Reaction Score
in that media guide is schedule for UC team that beat Bill Bradley and Princeton.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member