Opening a New Paige in UConn History | The Boneyard

Opening a New Paige in UConn History

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Paige's announcement that she will attend UConn I feel others will follow and will want to play with her. Names mentioned on this board make me think that they're coming but we will have to wait and see. There is alot of talk out there that Geno will not go into next season with this team. I take that to mean there are girls out there that will come. Who? Names? From where? I dont know. I dont think anybody knows yet. We will have to wait for an announcement. I think this is a strong possibility because UConn needs to beef up their roster and their are openings. Hey, kids want to win a NC and no better place then UConn. Kids who want to be developed will come to UConn. UConn can not waste their time on kids who are not willing to make a total commitment and who are not coachable. As far as transfers go I think they are looking for a team where they will play and can win a NC. No better place then UConn especially with Paige coming next year and Im sure other top recruits will follow. UConn is a big attraction and UConn attracts top players. I believe almost every girl would want to play for Geno and UConn and next season UConn needs a few more players on their roster. So we wait and see. I am expecting after the FF to be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
I hope that you are right. However. Why do I even want to say however? The point is that kids will congregate like they did once with North Carolina or Tennessee does not mean that the results you are looking for will be achieved. It certainly would be nice to get 3 young persons who are dedicated to improving themselves and their basketball skills to the point of excellence. And, who will stay with that program for four arduous years. I think that we all know that there were some recruits who were brought in with promise and then left the program probably because the expectations were far greater than they were willing to give. But, overall, I concur with your hopes and dreams and wish that all of that can be true.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
No doubt there will be reinforcements
I can't imagine Geno standing pat.
But from where?
Geno's foreign trip? transfer line? Grad students?
And...can he integrate these new players into his system to be immediately useful...a modified process from what we've seen in the past, where (most often) there is a full season (or more)
before a player is deemed ready.
Should be an interesting off-season.

Reaction Score
UConn is a big attraction and UConn attracts top players. I believe almost every girl would want to play for Geno and UConn and next season UConn needs a few more players on their roster. So we wait and see. I am expecting after the FF to be pleasantly surprised.

Not so sure about that. If that's the case Uconn would have had a deeper bench the last couple years. I would say only a very few girls would want to and be willing to play for Geno, but those are the one that you want.

Reaction Score
Hoping for a BIG here...The difference in every game lost this year was rebounds. The most glaring was the last as ND had a 54 / 37 edge. Edge is the kind word for 17 rebounds! ;)
We need a center type player to complement the fine force of four returning. The two guards are a given and I think we have only seen flashes of what is to come from Walker and Ododa. Another notch of improvement from the bench and I do not see the doom and gloom many on this forum do for next year. Then again it is very evident here (other threads) that a number of fans think anything short of an NC is failure.

Reaction Score
. . . can he integrate these new players into his system to be immediately useful...a modified process from what we've seen in the past, where (most often) there is a full season (or more) before a player is deemed ready. . . .

This is a significant problem in my view. I'm not sure that these one year reinforcements would
be worth the effort required to recruit them.

Reaction Score
Not so sure about that. If that's the case Uconn would have had a deeper bench the last couple years. I would say only a very few girls would want to and be willing to play for Geno, but those are the one that you want.

Can't plan for transfers. UConn has had 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom