Open Practice | The Boneyard

Open Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can remember in years past that the open practice would be around this time. Is this still happening? Does anybody have any info on this?

Reaction Score
You couldn't watch a Uconn basketball practice if you had a drone . The Werth facility is a vault.

Reaction Score
Probably need your eyeball scanned to get in there, but maybe it would be a good idea to have some open practices.

Reaction Score
They still have open practices from time to time. They're held in Gampel. Just call and ask when the next one is. As for tours of Werth, you have to know someone or be a big donor.

Reaction Score
We used to love the blue white scrimmage early in the season at the XL. Would bring our young girls. They couldn't wait to meet & hug the big husky dog.

Going even further back.....I remember going to Saturday football games at Memorial and walking into the Field House or even Gampel & watching the Saturday morning pick up games. Got Scott Burrell's autograph one time.

Reaction Score
With attendance seeming to be on the decline, open practices and tours might create more interest in the team. I'd love to attend a practice and some of the haters might feel differently about our staff after watching one. (And yes I'm aware an open practice would be different from a closed door one)

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You couldn't watch a Uconn basketball practice if you had a drone . The Werth facility is a vault.

Make friends with basketball players?

Get into Werth Center?

Profit?

Reaction Score
The UConn YouTube channel put out a couple videos of the Werth Building last year that do a good job showcasing the building

C

Chief00

LOL - if it was rocket science being taught we wouldn't be shooting 61% from the line, get out rebounded by 1 a game and we would actually score on out of bounds plays. Do I sound like Jim Calhoun challenging his assistants back in the day? Just kidding!

Actually - I have always found them very accommodating regarding visits and tours.

Reaction Score
Make friends with basketball players?

Get into Werth Center?

Profit?

You mean the poor taxpayers of CT can't see what they've paid for?? Screwed yet again.

C

Chief00

You mean the poor taxpayers of CT can't see what they've paid for?? Screwed yet again.
Ask nicely! - show sincere interest in the program - show you are a long term fan - I would be shocked if you couldn't get in for a practice.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the werth center was built by private donations unless I missed something.
Entirely private donations, and it's still not completed. Waiting on more money. Once it's done, the lobby will be converted into a UConn basketball museum open to the public (though perhaps only at certain times).

Reaction Score
Any idea what the number would be to call?

I've been thinking about bringing my basketball team over to watch a practice since we're in the area. might give my kids some perspective.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
LOL - if it was rocket science being taught we wouldn't be shooting 61% from the line, get out rebounded by 1 a game and we would actually score on out of bounds plays. Do I sound like Jim Calhoun challenging his assistants back in the day? Just kidding!

Actually - I have always found them very accommodating regarding visits and tours.
Instead of running every OOB play to be a lob to Brimah on the sideline inevitably leading to a turnover Id love to see them run plays where Brimah gets the ball at the rim. Is that too obvious? Why don't we try that at least once a game?

Reaction Score
Instead of running every OOB play to be a lob to Brimah on the sideline inevitably leading to a turnover Id love to see them run plays where Brimah gets the ball at the rim. Is that too obvious? Why don't we try that at least once a game?

because brimah can't catch.

Reaction Score
Any idea what the number would be to call?

I've been thinking about bringing my basketball team over to watch a practice since we're in the area. might give my kids some perspective.
The office phone number is 8604862720, I'm sure they can put you in the right direction

Reaction Score
An open practice could be beneficial for all of the armchair coaches, they would learn a lot about the sport by attending a practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom