Reaction Score
Beat pizza in Hiroshima—

Parco della Pace
1635867020218.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yeah, we need to get over it.

@Report Card how about akok and sanogo?
#CancelReportCard
Akok Sanogo and Whaley really canceled each other out through stronger defense.
I did note Akok was 110%. Most athletic he’s ever been, and his usual intensity was there. From the very small sample size I saw, it seems his offense will develop over the course of the season as it did his freshman year.
Sanogo’s footwork didn’t go anywhere, he made a few baskets in traffic look easy. Side note; Bryce Aiken still owes him 10 bands.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the starters cole/hawk/martin/whaley/sanogo lost by ~10 to the bench.

really raising my expectations for the year. i think someone different is going to lead us in scoring every night whether it's cole, hawk, martin, jackson, polley, whaley, sanogo, maybe even gaff, idk!

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
the starters cole/hawk/martin/whaley/sanogo lost by ~10 to the bench. Borges said AJ was the best player on the bench mob.

Borges said AJ was the best player period.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The more I read about how the 4's and 5's played last night, the better I like it.

Sanogo- 4-4 from the line. He is going to get fouled. If he can shoot 70% or better from the line, that is more than acceptable from a sophomore 5. Get to 75% or better and UConn can punish teams with foul trouble.

Sounds like Akok and Whaley cancelled each other out with their defense. All reports said both of them played strong defense and it affected the offense of the other. We have seen both of them be able to score, so if they neutralized it other I feel good about their ability to shut down other teams.

Johnson seems like he had a good game. Hurley referenced good days by him and freshmen days by him but the fact Johnson can play well against Whaley and Sanogo is a huge positive for me.

Sounds like even Springs was mobile and active on the boards. May come in handy against bulkier post players if Sanogo gets in foul trouble.

Overall it looks like all the bigs played strong defense and that's plenty good enough for me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Several times in earlier threads that speculated as to starting lineups, I wondered how many out of 10 games the second team would win. This write-up fleshed out some possibilities I had in mind.

The added bonus was offering a breakdown distribution of 106 points and playing time, even with the distortions of 300 total minutes, and 10 on the court at any given time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom