Ooops. Tina Gets Tossed... | The Boneyard

Ooops. Tina Gets Tossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Loses her cool - over not much - and gets a double T... this after CT has fought back from a huge 20+ deficit to get within a couple. Unwise.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Petty bush league move by Tina. The Fever immediately push the lead back up to 10 with her out.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Wow, that sucked. Tina owes the team an apology... not conduct you want from your MVP / team leader.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I was sitting 13 rows up at mid court. Tina wasn't happy about the call but should of let it go after the first T. The Sun had cut it to 4 or 5 and were really threatening but it all went downhill from there.

The Sun coaching has me baffled. Kelly played some in the first half and only the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half. Pedersen didn't play at all in the 2nd. Griffin did play a good game as did Carter.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I was sitting 13 rows up at mid court. Tina wasn't happy about the call but should of let it go after the first T. The Sun had cut it to 4 or 5 and were really threatening but it all went downhill from there.

The Sun coaching has me baffled. Kelly played some in the first half and only the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half. Pedersen didn't play at all in the 2nd. Griffin did play a good game as did Carter.

Kayla was getting torched by the Fever offense. Unfortunately, Kelly had a pretty average game for her. Sure would be nice to see her break out some.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Well the sad thing is that it is rare for someone to get torched by the Suns offense.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I agree about Carter. She didn't score a lot but she was effective bringing the ball up the court and making sure everyone was where they were suppose to be on offense. She has a PG mentality unlike Hightower.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The first call was even more bush. Did WCBB refs make it to the WNBA?
Actually, some do - I have the statistic, just not in front of me, about half or so off the top of my head. But not this particular game, they are all men's college ref's during the NCAA season.

The NY / Phoenix game I was at was the opposite, all WCBB ref's. Usually it is mixed.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The first call was even more bush. Did WCBB refs make it to the WNBA?

LOL -- I see you're Husky blue glasses are on. Even if the call was incorrect (and I don't think it was) you think one incorrect call is worse that Tina losing her cool twice and costing her team a chance at a victory?

As to the officials in the WNBA, as I'm sure you know, officials are independent contractors, so they decide whether they want to work the W. Most officials only do the NCAA time 'cause it's a ton of work and travel and they often have jobs and families, so the spring/summer is their time to catch up and attend officiating camps and such.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see it but I will have to watch a reply of the game. I always enjoy seeing a player lose his or her cool. It is such an interesting thing to see and I have done it plenty of times on the tennis court so it is always fun to watch someone else have a melt down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom