OOC Scheduling philosophy going forward | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OOC Scheduling philosophy going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know a lot of us were disappointed that we didn't get a big OOC home game. With that said, here is what I think our OOC scheduling philosophy should be with the 11 OOC games a year we get.

3-game MTE Event
Big 12/Big East challenge game
Gavitt game
Syracuse at MSG
Yearly home and homes with Pitt and BC
Three local cupcakes (preferably Yale, Harvard, Princeton)

Hopefully, we could parlay the home and homes with Pitt and BC into yearly series in football.
Normally I don't have a ton of complaints about scheduling, but you could argue we should of come out of the gate and played a tougher opponent. Considering the maturity of our squad. Whatever I guess. Auburn tomorrow. Opportunity to play other solid opponents in the following days. Everything is cool.

Edit: I'm not sure you want an annual formula. The team isn't the same each year. Younger, older, more experience, less experience, etc.... I'd want to adjust the schedule accordingly.

Reaction Score
Good Guys:
  • CCSU - #342
  • Coppin - #324
  • LIU - #181
  • Binghamton - #303
  • Auburn - #23
  • Michigan State - #25/Loyola Chicago - #36
  • Battle 4 Atlantis - ????
  • Maryland ES - #358
  • Grambling State - #261
  • West Virginia - #35
  • St. Bonnies - #15
'Nova:
  • Mt. St. Mary's - #38
  • UCLA - #2
  • Howard - #308
  • Tenn - #14
  • UNC - #20 / Purdue - #7
  • LaSalle - #240
  • Penn - #183
  • USJ - #234
  • Syracuse - #67
  • Baylor - #9
  • Temple - #129
Yeah, their OOC schedule puts ours to shame. We aren't on that level yet, but I would like to see those 250+ ranked teams on our schedule turn into 50-150 if we can.

We aren't ready to have 5 top-25 OOC games like Nova. I like the # of high quality teams we have. But the bottom dwellers of D1 are just boring to play against.
Are you saying we are not on Villanova’s level yet? If you are then shame on you.

Reaction Score
Are you saying we are not on Villanova’s level yet? If you are then shame on you.

Take a chill pill, bub. This isn't the fate of the known universe, it's a sports team.

Reaction Score
Take a chill pill, bub. This isn't the fate of the known universe, it's a sports team.
I am not what you would call a casual fan, and that is since the days of Spider Hesford.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but how is this gonna look if we don’t look up to play auburn tomorrow and our first four “tune-up” games were literally ranked 358/358 in terms of difficulty.
Luckily Auburn has only played 2 cupcakes & USF (won by 6) so they haven't played a good team yet either.

Reaction Score
that is perfect but i'd settle for a game against Cuse at MSG every year like xavier v. osu or marquette v. wisconsin on neutral floors.

MU/WI game rotates between the home court each year, no neutral in that case.

Reaction Score
Luckily Auburn has only played 2 cupcakes & USF (won by 6) so they haven't played a good team yet either.

USF is barely better in Torvik/Kenpom that LIU was anyways. They're essentially a cupcake, though a stronger one than we've played... and one that Auburn looked pretty bad against.

Torvik: USF-240, LIU-264

Kenpom: 190 USF, LIU-275

Reaction Score
Why don't we all just get back to being scheduled for a slot in Champion's Classic? ;)

Reaction Score
USF is certainly a tier above LIU. They're almost 100 spots ahead on KenPom. But even more importantly, that was a true road game for Auburn. So yeah, they were supposed to win by 12 and they won by 6. We've been favorites by 30+ points in all 4 games. Certainly a difference in competition level. We need to come out with some energy, for sure.

Reaction Score
MU/WI game rotates between the home court each year, no neutral in that case.
But They just played at the bucks arena. I guess that was considered a MU home game. Whatever same can be said for us and MSG

Reaction Score
But They just played at the bucks arena. I guess that was considered a MU home game. Whatever same can be said for us and MSG
It's not like MSG/UConn. Fiserv Forum is the Marquette home arena, they share it with the Bucks

Reaction Score
It's not like MSG/UConn. Fiserv Forum is the Marquette home arena, they share it with the Bucks
Really ? They need their own place even if they play all their big games at fiserv like nova at Wells Fargo

Reaction Score
USF is certainly a tier above LIU. They're almost 100 spots ahead on KenPom. But even more importantly, that was a true road game for Auburn. So yeah, they were supposed to win by 12 and they won by 6. We've been favorites by 30+ points in all 4 games. Certainly a difference in competition level. We need to come out with some energy, for sure.
Agreed, that's why I didn't call USF a cupcake but they aren't very good either so this game will be a big step up for both teams.

Should be a pretty close game that will probably come down to who makes less mistakes.

Reaction Score
Really ? They need their own place even if they play all their big games at fiserv like nova at Wells Fargo

Like others have said, Fiserv is the home arena for Marquette. The Bucks floor was just because the MU floor got damaged and they're waiting for the new one to arrive in December. The Fiserv is 9 blocks from campus and the average attendance (tickets sold anyway) is >15k out of the 17k seats, so it's not like the arena is too big. The lower attended games, such as a weekday cupcake game at 8pm draws about 12k and because of the design of the FF it still feels full from the court.

Reaction Score
We need to play Gonzaga and overrated football schools like Michigan, Ohio State. And avoid what they call quad 4 or whatever teams. I like lots of Big 10 some Georgia, Florida, and decent Northeast programs. Good recruiting areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom