OOC Schedule Released | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OOC Schedule Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching and supporting UConn should carry its own intrinsic sense of enjoyment that balances out dissatisfaction with how well both teams are matched up. I mean, come on -- you're getting a chance to watch one of the best programs of the past 25 years start its return to glory. Be grateful.

Besides, this team should be positioned to blow out more than one of its cupcake games for the first time in quite a few years. Do people not enjoy seeing dominant wins?

Sorry...can't really grasp that. You're saying, no difference between Morehead State at home or Syracuse at home? If that's the case...I wonder why the scalpers don't experience it quite the same...?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sorry...can't really grasp that. You're saying, no difference between Morehead State at home or Syracuse at home? If that's the case...I wonder why the scalpers don't experience it quite the same...?

I'm not saying one isn't a better game than the other. I'm saying that a real fan would be happy to go to both games, even though one would be more enjoyable.

Reaction Score
Hurley scheduled tough at URI, this certainly isn’t that. Clearly he doesn’t think he has a shot at the NCAA’s this year otherwise he would of given his team a chance at the tournament, this schedule provides almost no shot at the NCAA’s outside of going 26-5 or something ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Hurley scheduled tough at URI, this certainly isn’t that. Clearly he doesn’t think he has a shot at the NCAA’s this year otherwise he would of given his team a chance at the tournament, this schedule provides almost no shot at the NCAA’s outside of going 26-5 or something ridiculous.

Have you ever taken a look at the schedules of AAC teams that have made the NCAAs recently?

Reaction Score

Disagree...there are at least 4, maybe more teams that will be ranked on the OOC schedule. Go 4-1 against those 5, win the necessary games in conference = bid.
Regardless of how many W's out of the 5, you don't schedule that kind of iron because "he doesn't think he has a shot..."

Seems like a pretty good OOC set up/opportunities to get in...with no real travel at all.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Haven't read the thread yet but have to comment first. This is a garbage OOC schedule. Regardless, I'll try to make as many home games as possible. We need to go at least 3-2 vs. FSU/Nova/Cuse/Zona/Oregon or Iowa, and beat ALL of these other bummy teams. And we need to play UMASS, not U-Lowell.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Haven't read the thread yet but have to comment first. This is a garbage OOC schedule. Regardless, I'll try to make as many home games as possible. We need to go at least 3-2 vs. FSU/Nova/Cuse/Zona/Oregon or Iowa, and beat ALL of these other bummy teams. And we need to play UMASS, not U-Lowell.
I agree with what you've written except for the label "garbage." Sounds about right for this (reset) year, though I'd wish for an in-state opponent for reasons similar to preferring UMass to Lowell.

Reaction Score
Hurley had to schedule games at the last minute. Most of the games were probably already set.

Reaction Score
For those unhappy with this schedule, we play several quality teams before Dec 30th and the situation is the same as in previous years (in the AAC) which means we need to beat most of those teams. We have one of the best back courts on the country? So Hurley needs to get this done in a way KO couldn’t with big non conference wins that will open eyes and tell the basketball world that UCONN is back.Last year I never bought in to the claim that the team just needed time to jell. This is a high wire act in this conference situation so you have to make your bed early.

Reaction Score
Disagree...there are at least 4, maybe more teams that will be ranked on the OOC schedule. Go 4-1 against those 5, win the necessary games in conference = bid.
Regardless of how many W's out of the 5, you don't schedule that kind of iron because "he doesn't think he has a shot..."

Seems like a pretty good OOC set up/opportunities to get in...with no real travel at all.
I like the no real travel part. I think travel is a factor that can not be discounted. I've said it before, but that Arizona/ Auburn trip last year was moronic scheduling.

Reaction Score
Took me until now to open up the thread. Maybe others will now.

I'm a snob enough about having directionals as conference mates that I wish we didn't have the secondary state schools in addition. I can see the 2K opponents, but why UMass Lowell instead of an in-state opponent in a nicer venue than their fans usually visit?
You've got Yale, Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac as possible opponents

Reaction Score
I'll be getting season tickets as usual. I know that UConn will be playing in every game and I am pumped for the Hurley era to begin. Plus my son will be attending and I hope for his sake (and ours) that the next four years are better than the last four.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You've got Yale, Sacred Heart and Quinnipiac as possible opponents
Fairfield, Hartford & Central are also D1 and would have fans buying tickets to go to XL and spend money in downtown Hartford. Presumably, there'd be an economic boost in Storrs, and a vacation-timed game in Bridgeport could draw Fairfield County fans to the same effect.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'll be getting season tickets as usual. I know that UConn will be playing in every game and I am pumped for the Hurley era to begin. Plus my son will be attending and I hope for his sake (and ours) that the next four years are better than the last four.
last 3*

Reaction Score
As a pretty vocal "we'll win less game than most people think this year" proponent...

I take it back.

We'll win some games this year.

Not walking back my "we likely won't make the tourny" prediction, though.

Reaction Score
Same

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've been a UConn fan for a long time, and I don't think I can remember a time when everyone said "wow! Great schedule."

I hated Jimmy's December schedule. 8 cupcakes all included in our season ticket package :)

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
I think I remember reading that part of the deal was Arizona would only play us in Hartford :(

i mean if i had the choice as an opponent, the XL center is a much quieter environment than gampel. Zona knows this. Honestly, really Arizona, when this was scheduled you hadnt' even beaten us and you think you can make these demands. 5-1 smh

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hated Jimmy's December schedule. 8 cupcakes all included in our season ticket package :)
JC had 5 teams on the home schedule that were ranked in the 300's one year. I'm pretty sure I remember Chief being good with it.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
You don't go to many games do you?

not a in few years...i don't live in ct anymore. So its more challenging to get to games. but that observation is just from the countless amount of times i went to games when I was younger, at both arenas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is really bad. We usually play 7 good opponents OOC. This year we are only playing 5. We should be playing 8-10 good OOC opponents. We are going backwards, not to mention that that conference is going to be garbage this year. Sweet: our reward for going 25-9 and losing in the conference semis is...the NIT.

If we get to 25-9 I will take my chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom