OOC games. Who would you like? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OOC games. Who would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Home and Away: Old Big East schools (specifically Cuse, Georgetown, Nova, Providence, Pitt, WVU, Seton Hall, St Johns)
Neutral Site: Blue-bloods (any)
Home-Only: New England flagships (specifically Vermont, UMass, URI)
Plus some rotation of Hartford, Yale, Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, CCSU, Fairfield before of out-of-state cupcakes with no discernable fan appeal.

Reaction Score
I would think UConn would be an attractive oppononent for Duke. Prestigious program, would draw in the fans, but skill level well below it’s level of respect (at least for now!)
Duke only plays us in the NY/NJ area. That 2014-15 game at the Izod Center was a great atmosphere with a lot of frontrunner Blue Devil fans. Don’t see why Duke would agree to play us in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Who would you like to see us schedule? For me, home and away with any of the following. West Virginia, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Syracuse. Good teams, not half way around the planet. Kentucky at MSG or Barclays, although I doubt they want to play us. I like Hurleys philosophy of no huge distance road trips. As for lesser opponents, URI, Vermont and teams of that caliber, not Umass Lowell, Coppin State and others of that ilk.
BC, St John's, Cuse, Nova, and Rutgers.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Old rivals that won't take much to generate interest.

Cuse, Nova, St John's, Georgetown at MSG, two games per year
PC & BC at Mohegan Sun, 1 game per year. Maybe RI instead of BC

Plus home and away with two major nationwide powers every year. One home and one away. Don't care who. NC, FL, AZ, MI, WV, MSU, KN, UK, TX and many others. Dook would have to be another neutral court game, K won't come to CT

Maybe use the Prudential Ctr once a year. 3 or 4 local neutral court games per year on a regular basis.

plus a good tournament every year and we have a solid schedule and lots of exposure

Reaction Score
Who would you like to see us schedule? For me, home and away with any of the following. West Virginia, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Syracuse. Good teams, not half way around the planet. Kentucky at MSG or Barclays, although I doubt they want to play us. I like Hurleys philosophy of no huge distance road trips. As for lesser opponents, URI, Vermont and teams of that caliber, not Umass Lowell, Coppin State and others of that ilk.

Especially agree with your last sentence.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Y’all realize we’ve played Cuse almost every year since they left?

Reaction Score
Plus some rotation of Hartford, Yale, Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, CCSU, Fairfield before of out-of-state cupcakes with no discernable fan appeal.
I've been saying this awhile now. In state schools will put more people in the seats.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been saying this awhile now. In state schools will put more people in the seats.
True dat. When Yale won at Gampel a few years ago they almost filled half of the visitor section.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin since it's 15 minutes from my house...

Though I'd take any B1G team besides Rutty at this point. I miss the HaH's we used to have with teams like Michigan and Indiana. Getting Sparty would be great but gonna be hard with the 20 game B1G schedule and the Champions Classic for them going forward.

Does anyone have any insights into how Michigan State and Kansas got into the "Champions Classic"? Especially Michigan State with it's two NC's and the most recent in 2000.
Why not Cincinnati? They won two in a row in 61 + 62.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any insights into how Michigan State and Kansas got into the "Champions Classic"? Especially Michigan State with it's two NC's and the most recent in 2000.
Why not Cincinnati? They won two in a row in 61 + 62.

Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC....it's an ESPN P5 kinda thing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter to me. I'm pretty much just running on inertia these days. If there's a game in the XL, I'm going.

Reaction Score
Playing Dook at the Garden every year would be great.

Reaction Score
An early season New England tournament would be cool one year. Uconn, umass, unh, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island for the state university schools and then 2 other schools to make 8 (hopefully providence plus one other) but now that I’m thinking of it, some teams in the same conference may end up playing each other which probably can’t happen. But an all New England tournament can still be made or even an all ct tournament with uconn and a combo of some of Quinnipiac, central, sacred heart, Yale, Fairfield. We play a lot of these teams anyway which historically haven’t been exciting . It would be more fun to just see how the champion of the state is and would actually put huge pressure on uconn to win against schools with lower caliber recruits.

Reaction Score
Ive always wanted a home and home against Unc and Ucla and Duke. Would love to see us go into CAmeron Indoor.

There was a home and home with UNC in the early/mid 2000’s. Duke won’t schedule a home and home with anyone but maybe UNC and UCLA would.

Reaction Score
There was a home and home with UNC in the early/mid 2000’s. Duke won’t schedule a home and home with anyone but maybe UNC and UCLA would.
Yeah i believe that was 03 and 04. Would love to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom