OOC games. Who would you like? | The Boneyard

OOC games. Who would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who would you like to see us schedule? For me, home and away with any of the following. West Virginia, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Syracuse. Good teams, not half way around the planet. Kentucky at MSG or Barclays, although I doubt they want to play us. I like Hurleys philosophy of no huge distance road trips. As for lesser opponents, URI, Vermont and teams of that caliber, not Umass Lowell, Coppin State and others of that ilk.

Reaction Score
For lesser teams, definitely some of the closer A10 teams like umass, uri, st joes and st bonaventure. Maybe Dayton, Davidson and others but those are farther and really aren’t ideal.

For signature games, would like to see pretty much any old big east school (particularly Syracuse, Villanova, Pitt, St. John’s, Georgetown, Providence, Louisville, maybe BC) and some other power 5 teams like duke, unc, Maryland, Florida, pretty much any team on the eastern half of the US that’s willing to play a home and home. Obviously not all in one year though, but 3-6 of these games a year would be great and would help with recruiting and exposure a lot.

I also think it’d be really cool to have a challenge against another conference. The big 12 I think would be the most ideal geographically, but really don’t see that happening until the AAC gains more respect

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hawaii at home at noon. We just need to win games right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Northeastern vs UConn this year would be a great game.

I think NE is one of the more dangerous sleepers nationally this year.

Reaction Score
For lesser teams, definitely some of the closer A10 teams like umass, uri, st joes and st bonaventure. Maybe Dayton, Davidson and others but those are farther and really aren’t ideal.

For signature games, would like to see pretty much any old big east school (particularly Syracuse, Villanova, Pitt, St. John’s, Georgetown, Providence, Louisville, maybe BC) and some other power 5 teams like duke, unc, Maryland, Florida, pretty much any team on the eastern half of the US that’s willing to play a home and home. Obviously not all in one year though, but 3-6 of these games a year would be great and would help with recruiting and exposure a lot.

I also think it’d be really cool to have a challenge against another conference. The big 12 I think would be the most ideal geographically, but really don’t see that happening until the AAC gains more respect
Big 12 has a challenge already with big east. Not much left for the AAC.

Reaction Score
Would be great, but not sure they would play us.

I would think UConn would be an attractive oppononent for Duke. Prestigious program, would draw in the fans, but skill level well below it’s level of respect (at least for now!)

Reaction Score
Home and Away: Old Big East schools (specifically Cuse, Georgetown, Nova, Providence, Pitt, WVU, Seton Hall, St Johns)
Neutral Site: Blue-bloods (any)
Home-Only: New England flagships (specifically Vermont, UMass, URI)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Any of the 'other' ACC teams -- eg, Clemson, NC State. I wouldn't mind an SEC team, either. TN isn't that long a haul.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Gimme a PC 3 game series. Storrs, Mohegan, Providence

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Also would love to see St. John’s, Cuse, Nova, WVU, Penn St, Pitt, or any other Northeast program that would put butts in seats

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Due to the absolutely crazy travel schedule the AAC forces UConn to undertake, I feel that aside from 2-3 games in MSG/Brooklyn every year and maybe one in Boston yearly, DH should stick to a regional approach - Cuse Nova GTown PC St Johns Xavier Maryland etc Screw BC
Always need 2 vs the dregs like Copin At etc

Reaction Score
Duke at msg

Or west Virginia (home and home) and if huggybear loses he has to wear a suit the next year

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UGA or Georgia Tech

Only because I live in Atlanta

C

Chief00

Duke
UNC
FL
OSU
MSU
ND
Kansas
TX
AZ
U Michigan
OK
UCLA
UK
Stanford
GA
UVA
I like H and H or H, MSG and H. We should have a minimum of 2 to 3 of the above teams on our schedule per year plus 2-3 former Big East rival schools.

Last edited by a moderator:

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Wisconsin since it's 15 minutes from my house...

Though I'd take any B1G team besides Rutty at this point. I miss the HaH's we used to have with teams like Michigan and Indiana. Getting Sparty would be great but gonna be hard with the 20 game B1G schedule and the Champions Classic for them going forward.

Reaction Score
Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, Virginia. Hoop schools who suck at football.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nevada
Not this year. They would kick our ass.

(I’m a Nevada season ticket holder. I support the game if they play it here in Reno!)

Reaction Score
Not this year. They would kick our ass.

(I’m a Nevada season ticket holder. I support the game if they play it here in Reno!)
Nevada is a great example that you don't need to be P5 to put together a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom