Onto Louisville. Cards fans raving about addition by subtraction | The Boneyard

Onto Louisville. Cards fans raving about addition by subtraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rozier is a better shooter, passer and helluva rebounder compared to Chris Jones.

Not sure why Pitino would have any loyalty to a top JUCO recruit, but it willbe interesting to see if Jones is playing on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Pitino said that he will miss the game, but you can't ever really believe the words that come out of Pitino's mouth:

Jeff Greer ‏@jeffgreer_cj 1h
ICYMI, #UofL coach Rick Pitino said starting PG Chris Jones (strained oblique) will miss the UConn game. Jones had a huge wrap on last night

Reaction Score
Wasnt a mediocre Houston team missing their entire starting lineup and we lost?

Boys need to continue playing against the game and not worry about the opponent

Some of the guys that torched us are their bench guys. Their starters have been mostly underwhelming this year. They are high ranked recruits, but so far, not really doing much. We avoided playing against D House. D House's minutes, however, have been mostly uneventful, even though he's a top 20 recruit. I doubt that Uconn is going to face a more formidable Houston team at home.

That Stiggers kid was coming off the bench until this month.

Reaction Score
UConn may be able to outrebound Lousiville in this game:

The biggest concern, in particular, may be on the boards. Louisville has been outrebounded by five boards per game against top 25 teams this season and ranks 286th in defensive rebounding percentage. The Cardinals grab only 66.1 percent of available defensive rebounds and it’s even worse in conference play. The Cardinals allow American opponents to grab 40 percent of their own misses, the 10th worst rate in the conference.

Good to know with the way our team has been crashing the boards as of late

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Louisville hit 51% from the field last night vs. Houston and 53% from 3 point land. The perimeter defense has to be lock down...I hope this game is as fun to watch as the one last night.

On the offensive side of the ball, did it seem like there was more movement in the half court? I did to me. I also like that they are dumping off the ball on the baseline where a 7 footer can actual catch it. Versus SMU every pass to Brimah was at his waist. They need to continue to be at his chest or higher.

Reaction Score
UConn may be able to outrebound Lousiville in this game:

The biggest concern, in particular, may be on the boards. Louisville has been outrebounded by five boards per game against top 25 teams this season and ranks 286th in defensive rebounding percentage. The Cardinals grab only 66.1 percent of available defensive rebounds and it’s even worse in conference play. The Cardinals allow American opponents to grab 40 percent of their own misses, the 10th worst rate in the conference.

Good to know with the way our team has been crashing the boards as of late

UCONN did look like a top-notch rebounding team in Memphis.

Reaction Score
Rozier is a better shooter, passer and helluva rebounder compared to Chris Jones.

Not sure why Pitino would have any loyalty to a top JUCO recruit, but it willbe interesting to see if Jones is playing on Saturday.

He has loyalty to him because he's a good ballplayer. Jones is pretty hurt - he has a small collection of ailments, actually. When he comes back, perhaps his similarity to Russ Smith won't be so apparent. Jones is actually a 2guard trying to play the point. Rozier is a bit more adaptable and is now getting major minutes which pleases interested UofL fans. Jones will be the 2 next season with Rozier running the point and he makes a crackerjack guard anyway. He can shoot with accuracy and handle the ball well.

Should be a good one tomorrow!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wasnt a mediocre Houston team missing their entire starting lineup and we lost?

Boys need to continue playing against the game and not worry about the opponent
Actually it's a little bit of both. Coaches will review game tape and coach players according to personnel. So if one player is out and another is in they might consider different player match ups, different plays to exploit weaknesses and so on.

The Houston game was the perfect storm, literally and figuratively. Bad travel conditions. New arena. The first game in which conference past and present was a reality. UConn couldn't do anything positive outside of Ryan's play, and Houston guys were playing like they had one step in the NBA.

I'd like the team to play at it's optimum every game and every moment of every game. Wish I could say the same with regards to how I run my life.

Reaction Score
If we play like we did the last two games we have a great shot to win the game. I will be watching the game from a beach bar so I expect it to be the best game of the season mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom