ONO | The Boneyard

ONO

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liv will remember and swat a few KiKi's ;).

Reaction Score
I'm with a tip of my Santa hat for the OP. "O" being the player of the week.
Another tip to Nan for supplying more politically correct information. This giving myself the best laugh of the week. No attack on the messenger for sure but the AAC looks foolish when you compare the numbers and the teams played.
Not to disparage any women's program at all, but the level of competition really should be part of the equation.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm with a tip of my Santa hat for the OP. "O" being the player of the week.
Another tip to Nan for supplying more politically correct information. This giving myself the best laugh of the week. No attack on the messenger for sure but the AAC looks foolish when you compare the numbers and the teams played.
Not to disparage any women's program at all, but the level of competition really should be part of the equation.
I don't really think they look foolish. Pretty much every conference tries to spread these weekly awards around to avoid having only their top team(s) hogging them. And it's not like Oklahoma is the powerhouse of old. They've lost to some pretty pedestrian teams this season.

Congrats to Kay Kay Wright on a great week.

Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A lot can happen when you play more minutes: confidence, new outlook, perseverance, swagger but most importantly::: more points, ribbies & blocked shots, isn't that so? :) and don't forget assists; she's become an exxxcellent passer!

Look at the the difference just 10 games into the season. I expect to see more growth, confidence and development in the next 10 games. If you watch Liv closely, she plays rough.

Anyone that suggests she's soft, is not paying attention. She pushes off and uses her arms and elbows to ward off defenders as she turns to the basket on that "drop step" move.

You can tell she’s been working on that move a lot because now when she gets that entry pass on the block, it’s one smooth quick move to the basket. When she uses the drop step, she turns and hooks the defender then goes up for the bunny.

She used it effectively against Seton Hall, Notre Dame, and more recently, OU. Liv is becoming a very good passer, so is Aubrey. ONO is definitely trending upward, and I love it.

It will be interesting to see her match up with South Carolina's 6-5 post Aaliyah Boston on Feb 10. THAT will be must see TV.

Post edit - Baylor's 6'4" Lauren Cox is back. We'll see her and Baylor in 10 days (Jan 9).

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For the record, here are the previous AAC POTWs. Megan and Olivia have now won twice each.
1577244597141.png

I surely hope no one will begrudge the fact that Johnasia Cash (Swin's cousin) won the award in a week when UConn didn't play (Dec. 9-15):

Reaction Score
Look at the the difference just 10 games into the season. I expect to see more growth, confidence and development in the next 10 games. Liv is definitely trending upward, and I love it.
Liv's reaching for the stars and the sky's the limit, eh?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Liv's reaching for the stars and the sky's the limit, eh?

Liv is tall with very long arms. I just watched a replay of the OU game. Liv was everywhere. I think they missed a couple of her deflections. She got her hands on a lot of OU’s shot attempts. More than the 7 she was credited for.

Reaction Score
Liv is tall with very long arms. I just watched a replay of the OU game. Liv was everywhere. I think they missed a couple of her deflections. She got her hands on a lot of OU’s shot attempts. More than the 7 she was credited for.
I watched the game again too and Liv had at least 10+ blocks/deflections of shots .. eh?

Reaction Score
I don't really think they look foolish. Pretty much every conference tries to spread these weekly awards around to avoid having only their top team(s) hogging them.

My bad and I apologize for even thinking the top teams or players should get the awards. I am aging, not over hill yet but from the era where everyone does not get a trophy.
Obviously both being fans of the same team I respectfully agree to disagree. :)

Reaction Score
In baseball fans often wave a k when pitchers strike out a batter. I propose something similar every time Ono blocks a shot. Maybe someone can hold a sign with A capital B on it or a capital R for rejected? What does the Boneyard think??

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In baseball fans often wave a k when pitchers strike out a batter. I propose something similar every time Ono blocks a shot. Maybe someone can hold a sign with A capital B on it or a capital R for rejected? What does the Boneyard think??
Have a capital letter B, and then for each block add an X underneath the B.

Reaction Score
In baseball they hang a backwards "K", so...?

1577649765787.png

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"As a freshman playing behind a pair of All-Americans and three other players averaging double figures, Nelson-Ododa’s role last season was simple: Rebound, block shots and knock down open layups. According to Her Hoop Stats, she finished the season with the 30th-best block rate in the country (9.8 percent) despite averaging merely 14 minutes per game. Her 54 blocks (second-highest on the team) were only 10 fewer than Napheesa Collier’s even though she played more than 700 fewer minutes than Collier.

Nelson-Ododa’s playing time has more than doubled this year, allowing her shot-altering capabilities to be on full display. The sophomore’s 4.4 blocks per game rank no. 3 in Division I behind Texas Tech’s Brittany Brewer (6.2) and Merrimack’s Denia Davis-Stewart (5.0). Her block rate (14.1 percent) ranks eighth and, per Her Hoop Stats, is better than those of all but 15 teams nationwide."

"If Nelson-Ododa continues blocking shots at this rate, and plays at least 34 games, she would set a UConn record for blocks in a single season (Kiah Stokes currently holds the top mark of 147 from 2014-15). "

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom