ONO! | The Boneyard

ONO!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She played quality minutes. This is a big deal. She proved something to Geno, and, more importantly, to herself.

Excellent!!

Agreed!!! Her stock rose a little bit today. She still has a long way to go. She played well, and did not shrink or back down in the biggest game she will play this season before March. She did some very good things out there today.

She filled in for Collier when they needed her most. This game has got to be a H-U-G-E confidence booster for her. ND is the best team she'll see all year. Give Geno credit. He played that one perfectly. ONO was the only player off the bench. She had 5 points, 5 reb and 1 hellacious block. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Best Game she's played this year. Huge improvement from the 1st game and hopefully she'll only get better as the year progresses. She looked like she knew the plays today and stayed confident.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Best Game she's played this year. Huge improvement from the 1st game and hopefully she'll only get better as the year progresses. She looked like she knew the plays today and stayed confident.

She learned more in today's game that she would have in a practice. You MUST have real game experience to get better. You can't simulate a game against ND in practice. Her feet won't touch the ground until she goes to bed this evening. :D This was the first of many games against ND they will play in. But...............This is a game she and Christyn will never forget.

Reaction Score
It's too early to tell how good she could be, but it's a promising performance for someone who clearly has a ton to learn about how to position herself, defend without fouling, etc. If she ended up being a more athletic Kelly Schumacher, I'd not complain too much, though why not aim higher. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we are going to enjoy the next four years with CW and ONO. The "Wonder Twins" are something special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's too early to tell how good she could be, but it's a promising performance for someone who clearly has a ton to learn about how to position herself, defend without fouling, etc. If she ended up being a more athletic Kelly Schumacher, I'd not complain too much, though why not aim higher. ;)

I think she has much more upside. Geno has said she will be really good. I believe him. :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are they leaving after their Junior year of school?
Oops not sure how that happened. Thanks for the catch!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Loved her contribution...! I felt confident with her on the court - one very nice feeling!
When Pheesa got her 3rd and then 4th foul, my heart sank, feeling that we couldn't possibly hold off the Irish without Pheesa on the floor. Liv stepped in and UConn never missed a beat. Fantastic performance by a youngster who will only get better.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Olivia played a very good game today. She did not look or act like she was nervous. She showed confidence. Banged on the boards and fought for rebounds. The block on Mabrey was priceless as was Mabrey's whinny expression!

She is going to be a major contributor as the season plays out.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
She played quality minutes. This is a big deal. She proved something to Geno, and, more importantly, to herself.

Excellent!!

Priceless y'all played your best basketball with her in the game, her length really affected ND and she competed and got a lot more from that game than probably any other, especially more than the ND bench LOL

Reaction Score
Definitely outperformed my expectations based on how she looked against Depaul and earlier.

Got lost a few times, missed a few bunnies, but held her own and made a few big plays (that emphatic rejection chief among them). There was a concern that ND would be able to exploit her with Collier on the bench, and to the contrary we expanded the lead.

We're not going to run the gauntlet with just 5 and will need a 6th player to step up. ONO looks capable of being a trusted part of that 6-player rotation come March.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And she had the same number of fouls that Pheesa had, in half the minutes :eek:. Needs to work on her defense but I agree that she did what was needed for this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom