ONO makes to the final list | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ONO makes to the final list

Reaction Score
What is next for ONO? Is she on the roster the entire season? How many seasons does she play in the WNBA? Will she be an All-Star? Will she be All-WNBA? Will she be MVP? Inquiring minds want to know what you know about ONO's career. ;)
I have no idea what kind of career she will have..........that's up to her and how she continues to develop her game and the strength of the team she's playing with...........all I know is the doubters didn't seem to think that a player with her size, athleticism, passing skills, shot blocking and defensive abilities could make a WNBA team and they were flat out wrong......

Reaction Score
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! Is this some kind of curse?

View attachment 76218
Oh Noooo!! Poor, Liv. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious to the point where she might miss multiple games. Might have to ship the LA Sparks four cases of those Icy/Hot Lidocaine patches.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why keep Burrell? What skill set does she bring over others that have been cut or is it financial? Burrell plays like an out of control bull in a China shop.

Reaction Score
Why keep Burrell? What skill set does she bring over others that have been cut or is it financial? Burrell plays like an out of control bull in a China shop.
Why keep Burrell? I could can see the financial side of it but also I can see the skill level as well. Probably good for the Sparks in the wallet. Skill set wise. I see length and versatility on both ends of the floor. The other players probably the same thing going for them as well. The coaching staff went with Burrell. It is always 50/50. If this works out, Coach Fisher and the Sparks front office will look great. If the move falls apart, they will look silly.

Reaction Score
Why keep Burrell? I could can see the financial side of it but also I can see the skill level as well. Probably good for the Sparks in the wallet. Skill set wise. I see length and versatility on both ends of the floor. The other players probably the same thing going for them as well. The coaching staff went with Burrell. It is always 50/50. If this works out, Coach Fisher and the Sparks front office will look great. If the move falls apart, they will look silly.
Financial. Burrell is decent and nothing else plus coming off an injury.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the games I can remember. Burrell never had a high level game against UConn. Probably a factor in how BY's see her.

Reaction Score
From the games I can remember. Burrell never had a high level game against UConn. Probably a factor in how BY's see her.
Then you missed last year's game, where she had 18 pts, 8 rbds and played smothering defense on Bueckers for most of the game.

Burrell, when healthy, is a good gamble compared to the other players that were cut ahead of her. She has shooting range, is a very good defender, and she's got great size for the wing. She has more pro upside than Cooper, Guirantes or Smith. She still has to prove that she can stick in the league, but electing to keep their first round draft pick and test her out in real games seems like a reasonable decision.

Reaction Score
From what Derek fisher has said this season they wanted versatility on both sides of the floor and length, so that’s why we saw the cuts we saw for the sparks, and why they kept the players they kept. That also could be the reason why Burrell made the roster

Reaction Score
Then you missed last year's game, where she had 18 pts, 8 rbds and played smothering defense on Bueckers for most of the game.

Burrell, when healthy, is a good gamble compared to the other players that were cut ahead of her. She has shooting range, is a very good defender, and she's got great size for the wing. She has more pro upside than Cooper, Guirantes or Smith. She still has to prove that she can stick in the league, but electing to keep their first round draft pick and test her out in real games seems like a reasonable decision.
How do we know she has more of a pro upside than Cooper who has already been a pro?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

By far, the best news I’ve heard all week. Especially since learning Evina was cut. I’ll admit to being a “luke-warm” Sparks fan the lest few years. I’m turning the heat up.

Most of their games are on DirecTV channel 691 Spectrum Sports Net HD in the greater LA market. Their game tomorrow night @ Sky is scheduled to be televised. :)

Reaction Score
How do we know she has more of a pro upside than Cooper who has already been a pro?
How do we know that any rookie has more upside than an established pro? We don't, but that's why the GMs have a draft to test out their theory that this rookie might provide an upgrade over this player we already have on our roster. Using your line of thinking, no established WNBA player should be cut from training camp ahead of Paige when she joins the league.

Of the 3 first-year players that made the team, Burrell was their #1 pick. She was expected to make the roster; the same was not true for ONO or Atwell, so I'd question them making the team over anyone else.

Reaction Score
How do we know that any rookie has more upside than an established pro? We don't, but that's why the GMs have a draft to test out their theory that this rookie might provide an upgrade over this player we already have on our roster. Using your line of thinking, no established WNBA player should be cut from training camp ahead of Paige when she joins the league.

Of the 3 first-year players that made the team, Burrell was their #1 pick. She was expected to make the roster; the same was not true for ONO or Atwell, so I'd question them making the team over anyone else.
Ok. Don’t know Atwell and good bigs (Ono) are hard to come by. My logic is that I don’t think much of Burrells skill set to displace a seasoned pro. I know you’re not comparing Paige to Rae? Are you? Why even mention Paige?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Talking in class?

Reaction Score
Not sure. She played ZERO minutes in pre season.

Reaction Score
Ok. Don’t know Atwell and good bigs (Ono) are hard to come by. My logic is that I don’t think much of Burrells skill set to displace a seasoned pro. I know you’re not comparing Paige to Rae? Are you? Why even mention Paige?

But the LA Sparks GM did, because they picked her with their first draft pick and cut Cooper to keep Burrell on the team. I don't think much of ONO's skillset either, but if the GM thought she was the right need for the team, then they would know best.

You seemed to imply that there was something illogical about replacing a "seasoned" pro with an unproven rookie, so that scenario would theoretically apply to Paige as well.

Reaction Score
But the LA Sparks GM did, because they picked her with their first draft pick and cut Cooper to keep Burrell on the team. I don't think much of ONO's skillset either, but if the GM thought she was the right need for the team, then they would know best.

You seemed to imply that there was something illogical about replacing a "seasoned" pro with an unproven rookie, so that scenario would theoretically apply to Paige as well.
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant I don’t think Rae has a skill set (my opinion) better than Cooper. Of course the GM does apparently or maybe it’s just a financial thing. Let’s leave the college junior out of the scenario. She hasn’t done anything…..yet.

Reaction Score
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant I don’t think Rae has a skill set (my opinion) better than Cooper. Of course the GM does apparently or maybe it’s just a financial thing. Let’s leave the college junior out of the scenario. She hasn’t done anything…..yet.
I think the bigger hurdle for Cooper is that they added Chennedy Carter, Lexie Brown, and Jordin Canada via free agency. Add Brit Sykes, Kristi Toliver and Cooper...that's 6 players 5'9 and under to play PG/SG. They don't need all of them, so if there would be cuts, it would come here. The Sparks don't bring back any true wings. They signed Samuelson in the off-season and drafted Burrell, so it would be unwise to cut either of them if they were healthy.

Reaction Score
I think the bigger hurdle for Cooper is that they added Chennedy Carter, Lexie Brown, and Jordin Canada via free agency. Add Brit Sykes, Kristi Toliver and Cooper...that's 6 players 5'9 and under to play PG/SG. They don't need all of them, so if there would be cuts, it would come here. The Sparks don't bring back any true wings. They signed Samuelson in the off-season and drafted Burrell, so it would be unwise to cut either of them if they were healthy.
Damn! I see a few ball dominant guards. I think I understand.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liv still with injured hip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member