Only one thing could keep me from the Michigan game | The Boneyard

Only one thing could keep me from the Michigan game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Throughout college, I was known as one of the biggest fans of this program, both basketball and football, along with the side sports. I was in the front row for almost every game during my tenure in Storrs. I was literally the first person in the door for the 1vs4 game vs Villanova in 06. Our campout was set up about a week before that game, and we had schedules and Risk games coordinated that whole time. Ray Reid bought my whole crew dominos one night because he appreciated our passion. Geno yelled at us for not supporting the women's team with the same fervor.

That's all a preface to say, I'm a hardcore fan. I started the husky hardcores when I was at Uconn. And dealt with Hathaway's bs in setting up that club. That's worth a different thread in itself.

I've since moved to California post graduation. Like a lot of alums, and this is a massive problem that isn't being realistically addressed by the administration, I love Uconn but can't stay in the state. For the past few years though, ever since this Michigan game was put on the schedule, I vowed that I would not miss this game on the schedule.

Well, Paul Pasqualoni has destroyed that for me. Pre-season, I tried doing my best to figure out a way to fly in for this. I tried pricing out flights and a mini-game package that would make sense for me. Even if I could make only one flight back east. I even tried finagling a way for work to pay for a flight to do some business in the area. This game has been on my radar for many years. Bottom line now, it's not happening.

I tried so hard. I've wanted to believe since day 1 of the sh1thole PP campaign. But there was no way this dinosaur was taking us to the top level of Bcs football that we belonged in. I thought that maybe he could keep us stable until a real coach came along. Everyone should have known all along that this was not possible with JH making meaningful decisions. If you've ever met him in person, you knew that was not possible.

End of rant: I'm really, legitimately sad right now. I support the crap out of everything Uconn. It's on my bumper plate out here. I start fights with people that try to say a bad word about us, ever. I go to UCLA tailgates just for the mild recollection of a Rent Saturday.

This university deserves so, so much better. It breaks my heart every day that this disaster is employed by my alma mater. Memo to Warde and Susan, and the alumni office that calls me every day for a donation, I love Uconn. Love it for everything it's given me and where it can go. But right now, I'll shamefully stick my head in the sand until you show the same kind of devotion to success that the university has taught me and that I employ every day, that is clearly missing from the football program. Best of luck in your efforts, I'll catch you when we have a coach with a beating pulse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Its hard to digest. You won't come from
California to see UConn lose to Michigan? That seems obvious.

Reaction Score
Throughout college, I was known as one of the biggest fans of this program, both basketball and football, along with the side sports. I was in the front row for almost every game during my tenure in Storrs. I was literally the first person in the door for the 1vs4 game vs Villanova in 06. Our campout was set up about a week before that game, and we had schedules and Risk games coordinated that whole time. Ray Reid bought my whole crew dominos one night because he appreciated our passion. Geno yelled at us for not supporting the women's team with the same fervor.

That's all a preface to say, I'm a hardcore fan. I started the husky hardcores when I was at Uconn. And dealt with Hathaway's bs in setting up that club. That's worth a different thread in itself.

I've since moved to California post graduation. Like a lot of alums, and this is a massive problem that isn't being realistically addressed by the administration, I love Uconn but can't stay in the state. For the past few years though, ever since this Michigan game was put on the schedule, I vowed that I would not miss this game on the schedule.

Well, Paul Pasqualoni has destroyed that for me. Pre-season, I tried doing my best to figure out a way to fly in for this. I tried pricing out flights and a mini-game package that would make sense for me. Even if I could make only one flight back east. I even tried finagling a way for work to pay for a flight to do some business in the area. This game has been on my radar for many years. Bottom line now, it's not happening.

I tried so hard. I've wanted to believe since day 1 of the sh1thole PP campaign. But there was no way this dinosaur was taking us to the top level of Bcs football that we belonged in. I thought that maybe he could keep us stable until a real coach came along. Everyone should have known all along that this was not possible with JH making meaningful decisions. If you've ever met him in person, you knew that was not possible.

End of rant: I'm really, legitimately sad right now. I support the crap out of everything Uconn. It's on my bumper plate out here. I start fights with people that try to say a bad word about us, ever. I go to UCLA tailgates just for the mild recollection of a Rent Saturday.

This university deserves so, so much better. It breaks my heart every day that this disaster is employed by my alma mater. Memo to Warde and Susan, and the alumni office that calls me every day for a donation, I love Uconn. Love it for everything it's given me and where it can go. But right now, I'll shamefully stick my head in the sand until you show the same kind of devotion to success that the university has taught me and that I employ every day, that is clearly missing from the football program. Best of luck in your efforts, I'll catch you when we have a coach with a beating pulse.

Those are the kind of lettters an AD should never want to see.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Its hard to digest. You won't come from
California to see UConn lose to Michigan? That seems obvious.

It's seriously been a no brainer for awhile though. Of course I would make that effort to be there. Until the past 2 games with a coach who's been asleep since 430 of the game day

Reaction Score
If I didn't live 10 minutes away I would struggle to be there next week. I'm only going to support the players. They have taken the proverbial bullet by trying to "re-learn" the game of football hoping these old #ucks had a clue.

They should have completed the revolt they almost threw during the first year PP and GDL were here. I give the players credit for trying to battle through this nightmare.

They are the only reason I will be there next week. I apologize to them ahead of time as I don't know if I'll be able to stomach what may lie in wait, and probably will be exiting sometime in the 4th quarter. :(

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If I didn't live 10 minutes away I would struggle to be there next week. I'm only going to support the players. They have taken the proverbial bullet by trying to "re-learn" the game of football hoping these old #ucks had a clue.

They should have completed the revolt they almost threw during the first year PP and GDL were here. I give the players credit for trying to battle through this nightmare.

They are the only reason I will be there next week. I apologize to them ahead of time as I don't know if I'll be able to stomach what may lie in wait, and probably will be exiting sometime in the 4th quarter. :(

Everything he said, except I'll stay until the very end. I'll try to clap for them as they exit the building.

It's funny; this afternoon, I was feeling good because I watched Akron give Michigan some real trouble and I thought to myself, "Well, we're at least as good as Akron, right?" Well, that was this afternoon... :oops:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's Michigan. You can't bring yourself to see them?

Reaction Score

Since that Hathaway put us in this mess..I would LOVE to hear your story about Husky Hardcores.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Since that Hathaway put us in this mess..I would LOVE to hear your story about Husky Hardcores.

We met for a good amount of time as student reps on a number of issues. We gave him our plan for student bball tickets that involved rewarding loyal fans and not those that would sell their tix immediately for a cheap profit. That died pretty quickly in favor of JH's plan for an "equitable" lottery. What happened was a run on stubhub that allowed Joe freshman with a bball IQ of 11.5 to get tickets and immediately sell them online for a gross markup to their own students.

Additionally we tried establishing a loyalty program for students that appreciated people actually showing up for events, especially the non-primary events like soccer and baseball. All it would take is the ID card swipe, and it would give you priority for bball and football tix. Pretty simple concept. Blew JH's mind so it couldn't happen since that wouldn't be fair to the completely random freshman girl in Buckley that has a passing understanding of what it means for a basketball to go in that net thing.

It's a story for another time, but the AD during the mid 00's is a disgrace.

Reaction Score
It's Michigan. You can't bring yourself to see them?

He is a recent grad that would have to struggle to make it here. I wouldn't go through all that trouble to see this. I have 25 minute drive so I'll be there, but this is disgusting to watch right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He is a recent grad that would have to struggle to make it here. I wouldn't go through all that trouble to see this. I have 25 minute drive so I'll be there, but this is disgusting to watch right now.

Jazz12? I said he shouldn't travel for this mess. If someone is close how do you miss Michgan?

Reaction Score
7 hour flight? Boo hoo, add 9 additional hours each way to the anticipated pain. Hey, some of us may get to see Pasqualoni's final game next Saturday. Just bustin' 'em on you, but you may miss out on a reward watching the end of Hathaway's and McHugh's death blows to UCONN athletics! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Let's face it PP and the mess that this team is now has virtually killed the "must go factor" for alot of people.

That being said I am looking forward to the experience if not the final score.

Reaction Score
We met for a good amount of time as student reps on a number of issues. We gave him our plan for student bball tickets that involved rewarding loyal fans and not those that would sell their tix immediately for a cheap profit. That died pretty quickly in favor of JH's plan for an "equitable" lottery. What happened was a run on stubhub that allowed Joe freshman with a bball IQ of 11.5 to get tickets and immediately sell them online for a gross markup to their own students.

Additionally we tried establishing a loyalty program for students that appreciated people actually showing up for events, especially the non-primary events like soccer and baseball. All it would take is the ID card swipe, and it would give you priority for bball and football tix. Pretty simple concept. Blew JH's mind so it couldn't happen since that wouldn't be fair to the completely random freshman girl in Buckley that has a passing understanding of what it means for a basketball to go in that net thing.

It's a story for another time, but the AD during the mid 00's is a disgrace.

They had something like that for the womens games last yr. 1 point for big games, 2 for lesser & 3 for winter break games. They gave points based prizes & a lottery for the womens final four??

Reaction Score
Waquoit --- Quitter ---- yoh have got to be kidding me. This young man has done so much for Uconn and ALL sports programs. I in no sense would waste my money and fly east to see this pathetic coach continue to ruin what Randy Edsall developed. This program was on the rise and now it's going to take a magical coach to come in a reverse this train wreck. My heart goes out to the players and trust me they will pack it in soon because of the lack of faith they have in this bum.

Reaction Score
Waquoit --- Quitter ---- yoh have got to be kidding me. This young man has done so much for Uconn and ALL sports programs. I in no sense would waste my money and fly east to see this pathetic coach continue to ruin what Randy Edsall developed. This program was on the rise and now it's going to take a magical coach to come in a reverse this train wreck. My heart goes out to the players and trust me they will pack it in soon because of the lack of faith they have in this bum.

I read extreme sarcasm and a guy trying to inject a little levity into the procession.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have to admit that the thought has come across my head that, if for some unknown silly reason, a Michigan fan wants to offer me enough money to cover this season's ticket price, then I'd take it. This season is a lost cause and I can watch UCONN get blown out by Michigan at home just as well as being at the stadium. Setting this season's net cost to $0 in a season that we will likely not win a game is certainly appealing.

But I will probably rally my own inner troops for the game, foolishly convince myself that "Akron kept it close, so can we!", and get suckered into going to the game. UCONN may even jump out to an early lead like we always do. Then when we are continuously counter-punched to the point that Michigan starts playing their 2s in the 2nd quarter, I will wish that I can hop into my tailgate time machine and take the money, any money, for my ticket.

Ugh. Please, please, please for the love of all things Holy, fire Pasqualoni and GDL. Let's get this program back on the right track ASAP.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Jrazz, that sucks. From a member of the Class of 2006 (you all feel old now), I appreciate your loyalty to a program that has done a lot to show it doesn't deserve it, in many sports.

For what its worth, the current students are trying. They really are. They're more organized than we ever were, even if the loss of the basketball ticket camp out makes them naturally inferior Huskies than you and I were.

Like I said in another thread, it seems like a large portion of alumni from the Classes of 2005-08 are tuning out the program. Angrily. It's a problem. I see and hear about it every week when I try and discuss the team with them.

Reaction Score
I'm confused, you can't come to the game because you have a career? Sorry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom