Reaction Score
1. Until we find out which #1 seed we are
2. Who is in our bracket?
3. Which bracket the scary Turtles are in
4. Who do we play first and when

We already know where.
Anyone else getting antsy?

Reaction Score
It is Monday. Of course, the announcers of other championship games are ripping UConn because of their strength of schedule. UConn didn't cancel games against Louisville and Baylor. And if today's Maryland game versus Iowa is proof that Maryland should be ranked ahead of UConn, where was the defense? Even though Iowa didn't play well, they still scored 84 points.

Reaction Score
The last couple years I have felt that Uconn was rated higher than they really deserved based on their strength of schedule. However, this season the really deserve to be where they are. There are at least two P5 conferences that take away the top two teams are actually not hat much better than the Big East and Uconn played three pretty good games out of conference. Now I personally think the ratings this season are mostly speculative, but based on what we have to work with there is nothing wrong with Uconns high ratings.

Reaction Score
It is Monday. Of course, the announcers of other championship games are ripping UConn because of their strength of schedule. UConn didn't cancel games against Louisville and Baylor. And if today's Maryland game versus Iowa is proof that Maryland should be ranked ahead of UConn, where was the defense? Even though Iowa didn't play well, they still scored 84 points.
Yep... I heard that too...going on just as I got on line to watch some of the MD/IA game. Sounded like the same 2 women (names escape me att), who routinely disrespect UCONN WBB. Neither MD nor IA had much going in the way of defense today...both are very strong offensive teams, but if they have a cold day shooting, they will go down to any quality team.

As far as I know, neither of those announcers are on the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee... so their "Opinions" are just that...and of little importance.

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Neither MD nor IA had much going in the way of defense today...both are very strong offensive teams, but if they have a cold day shooting, they will go down to any quality team.
I agree. And the good teams (Connecticut, Baylor, Stanford) are going to make Maryland and Iowa have cold days shooting.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but saw the box score...MD had 80 field goal attempts. Was Iowa even on the defensive side of the court????

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but saw the box score...MD had 80 field goal attempts. Was Iowa even on the defensive side of the court????
It seemed like every missed shot was scoffed up with an O-board...or twice, or thrice.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Remember...as Geno is oft to say...
You have to win 6 games.
Does it really matter where you're seeded?
Still 6 games...
I agree. There's a certain inconsistency to some fans logic. If you want UConn top seeded so that they will have an easier path to the NC,then you really don't believe they should be top seeded. I expect UConn to have at least three competitive games out of a possible six, and maybe even four. As they say, it it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Reaction Score
The seeding isn't as important as the bracket to me. UConn could be the overall 1 seed but have a harder bracket then if they were the 2nd overall 1 seed, it is all about matchups and who we are better off facing. I understand the "you have to win 6 games to win" and "if you are good enough you'll win" but I would still rather have an easier bracket then a really hard one :)

Reaction Score
Remember...as Geno is oft to say...
You have to win 6 games.
Does it really matter where you're seeded?
Still 6 games...
Geno is being diplomatic. Of course it matters. Like every sport, there is an element of variability and uncertainty. Some days are better than others. The better the teams are that you play, the more likely it is that you end up a victim of statistics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom